Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll just buy it from a computer store :D.

Then again SLi is kinda dieing off a bit these days with gaming (not as many support it), as proven by @rexest and his beast of a PC.

Sli is dead devs just arent supporting it anymore i had 770s in sli so many games had next to no support and it got worse as time went on, Then i moved onto a gtx 1070 before the 1080ti, Can't see myself ever going sli again

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a warning for anyone who gets an Oculus Rift VR headset and has a cat. Buy some split loom cable conduit to protect the cable. The cable sheath is weak as all buggery and it took one bite from my cat to destroy it.

I thought to myself, "that's alright. I've done plenty of cable stripping and crimping. This'll be easy"

The cable has about 100 individually shielded cables, each about 0.5mm wide. One cat bite managed to destroy most of those cables. Repairing it would cost me at least 3 hours of time, lots of cable and shrink wrap, some soldier, a magnifying glass, and then I couldn't support it enough to stop it breaking again from movement.

And Oculus are the only ones who sell the cable. It costs $80.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 4501
New pc getting knocked up for my sim rig
Wait .. what?!?! What specs mate and who'se building it for you!

Or is that only to control the sim (not to game on)?

Slightly concerned seeing that Sapphire card, as they are an AMD only house.. and ... I've got a longstanding hatred of AMD/gAyTI graphics cards (because every single one I've owned - and had replaced under warranty) has died an artifact filled death.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Slightly concerned seeing that Sapphire card, as they are an AMD only house.. and ... I've got a longstanding hatred of AMD/gAyTI graphics cards (because every single one I've owned - and had replaced under warranty) has died an artifact filled death.
Bloke who is doing the sim, i figured i dont have time atm and figured if he does it everything is on there i need to get started to just get right into it , to make my life easier so if i got any problems can call him .once i learn the ropes i can add remove build at my own pace.
Specs i dont know they are on my other phone that i left on my bosses bullbar that kind of got real broken lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

nVidia suck. AMD are kings....

Kidding. I have an nVidia GTX 1080 and it rocks. Problem is that I also have a 30 inch 4k monitor with Freesync which only works with AMD cards. My other machine has my old AMD R9 390 in it which is an excellent card.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bloody hell. Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold. This bloke recorded it for 5 hours. How freaking big must that video file have been as a raw product?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell their kid to clean up their room... that's a pigsty :D

Noted Gigabyte motherboard on the left, that'll be a GA-A320MA-M2 ... which means it's an AMD Ryzen/Athlon build.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell their kid to clean up their room... that's a pigsty :D

Noted Gigabyte motherboard on the left, that'll be a GA-A320MA-M2 ... which means it's an AMD Ryzen/Athlon build.
Lol i think that's his office

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it come with the seat and everything?
Local manufacturer?
Nah i got my seat bloke in Melbourne, top dude spoke with him for a few hours about how it alk works basically its got the same guts as those super expensive rigs but no where near the cost .took me a fucking long time and research to finally pick one

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't have the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Assassin's Creed Black Flag is currently free on PC on the Ubisoft store.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Company of Heroes 2 is currently free on the Humble Bundle store.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to know where u guys buy all this spare time from to play.....lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Far out... quite the setup your getting there Southy.
My rig is still sitting at tnt warehouse in Melbourne will have by thursday cant wait till i set it up the only thing after that is a duel handbrake and im done for a while