Joel Thompson to Sea Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has gained a release to play for the Sea Eagles...

Surprised the dogs didn't look into him.. Good tough player who would have been great running off Foran and defending down the left edge. Surprised the Dragons let him go to be honest.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Much respect..

upload_2017-12-22_17-0-29.png

Bit strange signing this one. Never realised he was 29 (almost 30).

But with Graham, Sims, Vaughan, Frizelle, Ah Mau, Latimore, Leilua (Luciano), Host, De Belin and Lafai, Aitken and others in the backline... there really isn't much space for Thompson.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Much respect..

View attachment 4559

Bit strange signing this one. Never realised he was 29 (almost 30).

But with Graham, Sims, Vaughan, Frizelle, Ah Mau, Latimore, Leilua (Luciano), Host, De Belin and Lafai, Aitken and others in the backline... there really isn't much space for Thompson.
Thompson is better than most of the guys you named

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson is a over rated, over hyped footballer for some one that is yet to get a mention for rep selection let alone play rep football. I only remember him for being picked up and back slammed by Trent Hodkinson 2 years ago

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson is a over rated, over hyped footballer for some one that is yet to get a mention for rep selection let alone play rep football. I only remember him for being picked up and back slammed by Trent Hodkinson 2 years ago
Yeah, I always thought he was a bit of a cat.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought he was a bit of a cat.

Really... Guy puts his body on the line for the team every game he plays AND he almost played for the blues some years ago... If anything he is extremely underrated as a footy player on and off the field is a great social worker.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol that was so funny. Hodkinson twisted his leg in a tackle, they got a penalty for it, and he runs straight at Hodkinson and he gets put on his ass by a halfback

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really... Guy puts his body on the line for the team every game he plays AND he almost played for the blues some years ago... If anything he is extremely underrated as a footy player on and off the field is a great social worker.
I don't give a fuck about his off field achievements! we are discussing his football abilities. He may have a great of potential but for the last 4 -5 years he has been noting but a passenger and IF I was a Dragons fan I'd be filthy at a $550,000 a year dud. If he signed on with the Dragons for $200-300k I wouldn't be so scathing but the reality is he has been earning in excess of $500k a season for the past 4 seasons. Massive dud!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol that was so funny. Hodkinson twisted his leg in a tackle, they got a penalty for it, and he runs straight at Hodkinson and he gets put on his ass by a halfback
I remember the whole stadium went off when that happened ... it was a good day all round but that was the highlight

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is better than most of the guys you named
Im with you freakzilla. Thompson is a hard running back rower who runs good lines, I would have liked him in the number 12 jersey, not sure if we were ever in the running but would have been a decent pick up seeing as we are a bit light on experienced backrowers. But I guess we might be giving our pups a chance. He is on his last decent contract, thats why he took a chance with Manly, can't blame him on cashing in at 30, his days are numbered as a top earning footballer.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck about his off field achievements! we are discussing his football abilities. He may have a great of potential but for the last 4 -5 years he has been noting but a passenger and IF I was a Dragons fan I'd be filthy at a $550,000 a year dud. If he signed on with the Dragons for $200-300k I wouldn't be so scathing but the reality is he has been earning in excess of $500k a season for the past 4 seasons. Massive dud!
I think your overreacting... The fact his getting paid 5ook plus is the dragons fault and even though he may not be worth that sort of money the bloke still puts in week in week out and would GLADLY have him in my squad ANYDAY.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think your overreacting... The fact his getting paid 5ook plus is the dragons fault and even though he may not be worth that sort of money the bloke still puts in week in week out and would GLADLY have him in my squad ANYDAY.
Thompson isn't in the top 10 back rowers in the NRL.. i'd have him too but for around 200-250k a season not any where near what he is being paid.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You get paid what you're worth at the time of negotiations. If the dragons gave him $550k it's because other teams were also willing to pay about that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.