Maybe shapelle is innocent?? Baggage handlers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week i went to fiji on a family holiday.. between me and the mrs we had three large bags we checked in.

I had padlocked these bags shut. Combination lock. It was 100% padlocked. I even argued with the mrs about it, she said it wasnt necessary and insisted i would lock them... and did.

When i collected bags on the nadi end (fiji) one of the bags was missing the lock.it had been cut off. The bag also looked ransacked. Stuff was moved around but it didnt appear that anything was actually missing.. there wasnt anything too expensive in there.

I initially thought maybe another security check but i would think they would leave a note or card or sticker on bag to indicate it was an official security check as opposed to a thief?. but nothing..

I contacted fiji airways and notified them. They are investigating why the lock was broken off the bag but did say breaking locks was not normal practise. They are treating it as damaged luggage. But i did say nothing was missing or damaged, rather my bag was accessed? For what reason? Was it a legimiate check? A thief? Or a baggage handler transporting item(s) in other peoples luggage?

I told this story in fiji to another traveller and they said their lock was also broken off their bag, unsure if anything was missing.

I always thought in shappelles story, she was so guilty but after my experience?? I dunno..??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could have been broken off by a conveyor belt...could have been opened by security. I know they do have a "master key" for certain type of locks. They could have just broke yours because they knew you could afford to buy a new one.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea about the corby case but scary shit none the less, shows how easy something like that could happen.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what they do if you seal it with a non-tsa lock. They'll just cut the lock off and go through it.

Australia and America do it too.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what they do if you seal it with a non-tsa lock. They'll just cut the lock off and go through it.

Australia and America do it too.
You sure? Fiji airways didnt share that opinion.

My other two bags with exact same lock were untouched. I went to usa last year and no locks were broken

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You sure? Fiji airways didnt share that opinion.

My other two bags with exact same lock were untouched. I went to usa last year and no locks were broken
Yeah. They don't always do it but if they want to do it they legally can. Here's details on it

https://www.samsonite.com.au/tsa-lock-instructions/

"TSA locks are required for all customers travelling to the USA. The TSA screens every passenger’s baggage before it is placed on the plane. At their discretion, from time to time, they choose to open a passenger’s luggage for closer inspection. When this occurs, if the luggage is fitted with any lock other than those approved by the TSA, they will destroy whatever lock is fitt ed to gain access."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep Hacky is 100% here (and I know as I've been to Fiji quite a number of times for holidays).

Where did you go /stay mate??

Incoming Customs will cut the lock if it's not a TSA lock and something questionable/unidentifiable shows up on the luggage XRAY. They do not leave cards advising you (nor does Australia).

Otherwise drug dealers would just use non TSA locked suitcases and forever get them through customs :grinning:
Or for that matter you have a shitload of coke in your suitcase, they cut the lock off, and as your bag comes around the carousel you notice a customs card on it... there's no way you'd claim the bag then.

My parents have travelled the world and before they used TSA approved locks had it happen quite a number of times.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Schapelle is as much guilty as I am Indian.

her entire family is/was drug user and supplier

I bet that was not the only time her or her family had taken weed into bali. She thought she could get away with it if caught by showing her boobies or paying some money. actually the boggy board was her brothers who was travelling with her but she claimed it as hers thinking indo customs would go easy on her.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You reckon the baggage handler rented or had a Samsung tv? ;)

Na, id lose it bro. Who knows what they do to our stuff.

When I travel overseas I get it cling wrapped at the airport.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why tsa locks? They have the master key or something? Or just easier to break?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS after my train ride to QLD, if I were a drug lord and wanted to move product interstate, I'd use the trains. No screening, no checking,no weighing, no nothing. Plus you check in after you board the train is moving WITHOUT ID.

I could of moved any contraband I wanted.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But more importantly did you " rent " a room in fiji ? And what type of tv did it have ?:tongueclosed:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why tsa locks? They have the master key or something? Or just easier to break?
Yep. Master key. It's a bit shit 'cause if someone gets their hands on the master key then they can plant shit but the TSA only give the key to the head of customs so if they want to open a bag then the head of customs needs to do it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. Master key. It's a bit shit 'cause if someone gets their hands on the master key then they can plant shit but the TSA only give the key to the head of customs so if they want to open a bag then the head of customs needs to do it.
Can a create a new lock and call them TnA locks?

I'm sure they would be a hit lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sure some locksmiths have already made and reproduced TSA master keys.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shapelle Corby inspired cocaine Cassy to traffic drugs. If someone was to ring cocaine Cassy's phone this would be the ringtone.

Lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But more importantly did you " rent " a room in fiji ? And what type of tv did it have ?:tongueclosed:
Intelligent question. My room was a lagoon view room and had a 42 inch phillips tv. Was fair but not 4k.

Interesting though, i visited a mate in the bridal suute which was the most expensive room and it only had a 32 inch no name tv.

My room had a better tv i would say.

Someone must have tipped them off that id completely lose my shit if the tv was no good.

Yes i did rent the room, felt really dirty inside to rent something, bed bugs were eating me all over

Status
Not open for further replies.