Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So bright reviews are bad. Why you ask? Well my first guess straight off the bat was ornate mustn’t be pc or have leftist politics.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...e-gets-ripped-by-critics-20171221-h08zvt.html

A complaint from the critics was ‘republicans will try and pass this movie off as law’ lollllll
So I essentially was right. Critics and movie makers are making all things political these days so it’s not me imagining things! These ***** actually want more and more pcrealist90 and more left and will condemn movies for not being ANTIFA propaganda pieces
Apparently it's to do with the writing and direction. From what I could see from the reviews it covers the racism perfectly, Will Smith is good and Joel Edgerton is excellent, but there's no effort put into the side characters and the story gets lost and confused in poor writing.

That said, the reviews aren't all bad. If you look on Metacritic there's a review that gives it 0/100 and says it's the worst thing ever created then there's a review that gives it 100/100 and says it's amazing.

I'm still going to watch it and I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoy it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently it's to do with the writing and direction. From what I could see from the reviews it covers the racism perfectly, Will Smith is good and Joel Edgerton is excellent, but there's no effort put into the side characters and the story gets lost and confused in poor writing.

That said, the reviews aren't all bad. If you look on Metacritic there's a review that gives it 0/100 and says it's the worst thing ever created then there's a review that gives it 100/100 and says it's amazing.

I'm still going to watch it and I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoy it.
Bro I watched it, it’s a good movie, I can see why rotten tomatoes who loved the last Jedi hated this movie hahaha. There were strong women but it wasn’t done in a feminist political way, they just made sense without rubbing it into your face. And Will Smith says different races aren’t summer than others but whwre different lol which goes against the whole every race is the same and equal type thing lol, I think you’ll enjoy it man

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So bright reviews are bad. Why you ask? Well my first guess straight off the bat was ornate mustn’t be pc or have leftist politics.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...e-gets-ripped-by-critics-20171221-h08zvt.html

A complaint from the critics was ‘republicans will try and pass this movie off as law’ lollllll
So I essentially was right. Critics and movie makers are making all things political these days so it’s not me imagining things! These ***** actually want more and more pcrealist90 and more left and will condemn movies for not being ANTIFA propaganda pieces
Reviews are bad because Will Smith is in it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Who here remembers when movies only got an overall positive review or an overall negative?
After watching the new Star Wars movie and checking reviews it seems movies these days are mainly mixed in the reviews?

It used to be if most people said a movie sucked, then it sucked.
Same with if most people would say the movie was a must see, it generally was.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The swiss army man.
Its the harry potter dude all grown up he plays a dead **** that a hobo rides him like a jetski cause he has farting superpowers, he teaches dead Harry potter how to be alive and they find their way home with Harry potters erect stiffy as a compass.
Its fucking weird

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The swiss army man.
Its the harry potter dude all grown up he plays a dead **** that a hobo rides him like a jetski cause he has farting superpowers, he teaches dead Harry potter how to be alive and they find their way home with Harry potters erect stiffy as a compass.
Its fucking weird
I picked that up a while ago. Haven't got around to watching it yet but the trailers remind me of a more serious version of weekend at Bernie's.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well I watched Elf, Home Alone 2, and Jingle All The Way. Couldn't fit anymore in than that.

Today, I watched Under Siege 2.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I picked that up a while ago. Haven't got around to watching it yet but the trailers remind me of a more serious version of weekend at Bernie's.
It was bloody dumb..I was tempted to ring up the film studio and demand compensation for wasting my time..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The swiss army man.
Its fucking weird
And stupid!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watch "The Big Short" the other night on Netflix.

@Hacky McAxe @CroydonDog probably a movie you'd both enjoy..

It's about the collapse of the US housing market, and hedge fund managers that were buying up lowly rated stocks.

Very interesting movie and based on real life.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched shot caller a couple of weeks ago.
Pretty good. Shows how prison can fuck a guy up.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This week on go or gem (or one of those other motherfuckers) they're havin 80's movie week.
Top gun, footloose, the breakfast club, Beverly Hills cop, ghostbusters, flashdance. Shit like that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch "The Big Short" the other night on Netflix.

@Hacky McAxe @CroydonDog probably a movie you'd both enjoy..

It's about the collapse of the US housing market, and hedge fund managers that were buying up lowly rated stocks.

Very interesting movie and based on real life.
Been meaning to get around to watching this. Heard good things.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just watched Money Train with Woody H, Wesley S and J Lo. A movie I usually watch this time of year as the movie itself is also set between Christmas and New Years Eve.