Man runs down people on Flinders St in Melb with 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Although if you want to go down that route, he’s on record as saying that the Muslim faith is ‘the correct faith in the world’.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dimitrious Gargasoulas says Allahu Akbar to your last comment!
I think he meant "the last 4 terrorist attacks" as the Dimitrious Gargasoulas attack wasn't a terrorist attack.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware he carried political motives?
obviously the guy yesterday did.....even though it is a fact that the guy had mental and drug related issues.

but yeah whatever suits your agenda mate.

there are close to 2 billion muslim on the planet so there is 1 in 3.5 chances a criminal is going to be a muslim and related to islam. your logic wins!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Although if you want to go down that route, he’s on record as saying that the Muslim faith is ‘the correct faith in the world’.

dimitrous said zooristanian is the correct faith in the world and wore adidas shoes.

what were you saying again?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he meant "the last 4 terrorist attacks" as the Dimitrious Gargasoulas attack wasn't a terrorist attack.

yeah authorities said dimitirious and the guy yesterday both had no political or religious motives

but our friend here ignores the authorities verdict on the former but not the later...wonder why?

oh yeah the guy yesterday was a muslim , lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
obviously the guy yesterday did.....even though it is a fact that the guy had mental and drug related issues.

but yeah whatever suits your agenda mate.

there are close to 2 billion muslim on the planet so there is 1 in 3.5 chances a criminal is going to be a muslim and related to islam. your logic wins!
Lol look how defensive you are. I wasn’t asking about the global population of Muslims.

This is the exact reason why Australia can’t have a debate about islam. People like you get defensive and accuse others of having agendas

I agree with your accusation. I do have an agenda. I’d prefer Australia to remain a country where people are free from crazed lunatics who want to run people over, shoot people or blow them up.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol look how defensive you are. I wasn’t asking about the global population of Muslims.

This is the exact reason why Australia can’t have a debate about islam. People like you get defensive and accuse others of having agendas

I agree with your accusation. I do have an agenda. I’d prefer Australia to remain a country where people are free from crazed lunatics who want to run people over, shoot people or blow them up.

yeah but when clearly the authorities have already told you that the guy yesterday had no religious or political motives, the same authorities who have stopped over 10 terrorists attacks from happening in last 12 months, you are questioning the same authorities.

how much more debate you want to have on islam when people like you are clearly have biased opinion on a crime committed by a muslim but a non muslim doing the same or even worse (Dimitrious), you don't look at the same way.

Did any one ask further question about dimitrious religion when guys like you found out he wasn't muslim? I bet you were hoping that he was some how related to islam so you can continue on with your " debate on islam"

carry on chump.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So lets see..

According to the media he is:
- Meth addicted Australian Citizen from Afghanistan known to police with a history of mental illness, who claimed he partly did it due to mistreatment of muslims in Australia.

According to Malcolm Turnbull:
'He came to Australia as a refugee. He did not come with a people smuggler, he came through the appropriate refugee, the normal refugee programs,'

According to police:
- Investigators had not yet found any extremist or terrorist links to the horror rampage.
- The driver had a 'history of drug use as well as mental health issues'.
- He is on a mental health plan and receiving treatment for a mental illness.
- The driver had missed a medical appointment on the day of the 'deliberate attack'.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So lets see..

- Meth addicted Australian Citizen from Afghanistan known to police with a history of mental illness, who claimed he partly did it due to mistreatment of muslims in Australia.

'He came to Australia as a refugee. He did not come with a people smuggler, he came through the appropriate refugee, the normal refugee programs,'

According to police:
- Investigators had not yet found any extremist or terrorist links to the horror rampage.
- The driver had missed a medical appointment on the day of the 'deliberate attack'.
Regardless of how mental or ill someone is, if you drive a car at 70km/h into pedestrians, you deadset know what you are doing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So lets see..

According to police:
According to Tank:

- **** needs to be tortured and made to beg for death

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So lets see..

According to police:
I know you’re just stating what the media is saying, but like are we meant to say oh that’s ok coz he’s mentally ill? It’s become a joke that the media tries to sympathise and use these mental health cards. Who gives a shit if he was schizophrenic, the point is he ran people over for some form of an agenda. Either way mentally illl or not he should be locked up for good.

ALl this mental health crap reminds me of Darius Boyd complaining he’s got depression and that’s why he’s a dickhead and broke the hotel room. I mean ok you may potentially be depressed but that does not exempt you from the law.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who suffers from MI, I can kinda see why the excuse gets used, and sometimes it may not be an excuse.

When you're that couped up in your own head, you don't think straight / logically, and therefore are prone to doing things that may seem out of character.

Like when people get in the mindset of suicide, they are completely disconnected from the part of their brain that controls rational thinking.

Not saying it is the case this time, but it can happen and I know this personally.

Add in high on meth and the situation gets even more complicated. The bloke wouldn't have had a clue what he was doing, yet still would have been physically capable of driving a car.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who suffers from MI, I can kinda see why the excuse gets used, and sometimes it may not be an excuse.

When you're that couped up in your own head, you don't think straight / logically, and therefore are prone to doing things that may seem out of character.

Like when people get in the mindset of suicide, they are completely disconnected from the part of their brain that controls rational thinking.

Not saying it is the case this time, but it can happen and I know this personally.

Add in high on meth and the situation gets even more complicated. The bloke wouldn't have had a clue what he was doing, yet still would have been physically capable of driving a car.
Are you running people over and making the choice to take drugs?
MI is a serious matter I’m not downplaying that, what I’m saying is, it shouldn’t be used so casually all the dam time an attack happens. If all people it’s MI went on rampages we’d be a in a lot more trouble than we are right now.
I just think it indirectly justifies the attack of the aggressor and in turn makes him the victim as opposed to the people fighting for their lives.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you running people over and making the choice to take drugs?
MI is a serious matter I’m not downplaying that, what I’m saying is, it shouldn’t be used so casually all the dam time an attack happens. If all people it’s MI went on rampages we’d be a in a lot more trouble than we are right now.
I just think it indirectly justifies the attack of the aggressor and in turn makes him the victim as opposed to the people fighting for their lives.
I kept reading "MI" as "Mr Invisible"

"Mr Invisible is a serious matter... If all people it's Mr Invisible went on a rampage

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But on a serious note, I think Mr I is pointing out that mental illness isn't just like "I know I have a problem but I'm going to deal with it by killing people". In many cases the brain just shuts down and something else takes over. Think of it like possession. For many mental illness is like a demon possess them and takes over their body.

Fun side story on that. When we were younger my sister's church convinced her that there's no such thing as mental illness and that all mental illness is actually demonic possession. She spent much of her young years asking mentally ill people to see a priest to have an exorcism. Hillsong. They is crazy.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is that? Another Isis raghead?

see even the well informed / unbiased guy like you doesn't remember the first person to carry out the "terrorist" act by running over people using a motor vehicle in Melbourne, not even 12 months ago.

only if he said "Allahu Akbar" or he was remotely related to islam. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.