Moses mic'd up with Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
2017 - Everyone assumed Lichaa was shit, turns out he got Haslerized.
2018 - Pay KNOWS what Lichaa is like from working with him in Junior NSW side.

2017 - Everyone assumed Frawley was shit, maybe he got Haslerized.
2018 - Pay KNOWS what Frawley is like from working with him alongside Stuart in Canberra.

Could be a bluff, but then again maybe we aren't after Cogger but someone else.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am predicting this lineup
1 Mbye
2 B. Morris
3 Hopoate
4 J. Morris
5 Montoya
6 ............Frawley, Cleeland, Lewis
7 Foran has to be the halfback
8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Elliott
12 RF Mariner
13 Jackson
14 Woods
15 Fualalo/Tualau
16 To'omaga/Priest
17 Brown/Woolford

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me Frawley wont be hb or 5/8. Give Cleeland or Brown a go. Brown can at least goal kick. While Cleeland has good footwork and speed.

Frawley is hopeless.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Mbye
2 B. Morris
3 Hopoate
4 J. Morris
5 Montoya
8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Elliott
12 RF Mariner
13 Jackson
14 Woods
15 Fualalo/Tualau
16 To'omaga/Priest
17 Brown/Woolford

Woods on the bench?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 Mbye
2 B. Morris
3 Hopoate
4 J. Morris
5 Montoya
8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Elliott
12 RF Mariner
13 Jackson
14 Woods
15 Fualalo/Tualau
16 To'omaga/Priest
17 Brown/Woolford
Seriously??? You think we signed a starting australian and NSW prop to play off the bench??? You must be on the pipe. Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope this doesnt turn out to be true. But im willing to believe that pay knows best, unlike hasler who was just a shit ****.
I also think that moving Mbye, a former half, good or bad, to fullback will take a hell of a lot of pressure off our halves. An average half like frawley might just flourish.
Either way i would rather see cleeland at 5/8.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the line up id go with but all indictions lead to this lineup for rd1.

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley (fuck)
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Tolman (bigger fuck)

14. Brown
15. Danny F
16. Taulau
17. Priest

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I expect one half on each side of the field.. don't see either Foran or Frawley as runners of the ball. maybe Mbye will get more involved from he back than Hoppa was. At least with Frawley we have a kicker.
If it is Frawley and Foran than we need to be smart about how we play Foran. It would be suicide to get him to charge into the line like he use to, will only last a short term. Foran needs to use the brain instead of brawn. Even if it's Brown than same task.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everybody is raving about Cleveland. I was excited when I say his highlight reel when playing for the sharks but must admit... I was deeply disappointed in him that he did not stand up in reserve grade finals last year

I thought all hype.
Frawly is the logical choice- deserves first crack along side Foran.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have said it’s hard to judge a players performance under Hasler. He really did stunt a lot of our players performance and development to fit into his game plan.

Prime example is lichaa. He got his natural game stunted so much. But look at the last 3 weeks of Nrl and the World Cup. Look at our halves. They played like centres. Look at Klemmer. He should have been running off the picket fence but haslers plan was to play him tight and use tolman for kick offs and drop outs. No other coach would do this.

Look at cook. He walks in and revolutionised the team then goes to Souths. The guy was a control freak and had his game plan so scripted that each play was predetermined (tolman on the 4th anyone?)

I think Frawley can be a genuine half. He showed some glimpses of his kicking game and it is accurate. But under Des’s system there would be no kicking on the 5th. So after his first game that was ironed out of his game. And when we were 10 out the ball would go to mbye for a kick.... which is borderline ridiculous when you have a genuine running/kicking halfback in the team.

Ok Frawley isn’t a superstar. He will never make origin. He will never win a dally m. But you know what you will get from him. And with a proper structure and system in place he will be a capable half next to a dominant partner. Let him chime in when required. Let him grubber and bomb 10-20 out. Let him clear the ball out of our own half. He isn’t the next immortal. But he never got a chance at his natural game at the club, just the same as lichaa, graham, Jackson, tolman, hoppa, mbye, klem didn’t either.

Pay will lift the boys this season and I am expecting a lot better performances on the field. Even if we can get Eastwood back and he still has some miles left in his legs I think he can be a useful lock with his middle defence and offload. He has never been a back rower in his entire career let alone at 29.... another one that suffered under haslers idiocy.

And if you have any doubts about it. Look at graham. Easily the most skilful prop Australia has seen since possibly beetson. Amazing first few years in the Nrl. What does Hasler do? He runs plays for tolman 2 times a set and uses graham as a link player..... you have graham, kasiano and klemmer in your 17 and your go to forward is tolmam.... please.... after he was offered tolman an extension 12 months before off contract I think castle should have sent Hasler to rehab. The guy wasn’t thinking logically.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like others have said it’s hard to judge a players performance under Hasler. He really did stunt a lot of our players performance and development to fit into his game plan.

Prime example is lichaa. He got his natural game stunted so much. But look at the last 3 weeks of Nrl and the World Cup. Look at our halves. They played like centres. Look at Klemmer. He should have been running off the picket fence but haslers plan was to play him tight and use tolman for kick offs and drop outs. No other coach would do this.

Look at cook. He walks in and revolutionised the team then goes to Souths. The guy was a control freak and had his game plan so scripted that each play was predetermined (tolman on the 4th anyone?)

I think Frawley can be a genuine half. He showed some glimpses of his kicking game and it is accurate. But under Des’s system there would be no kicking on the 5th. So after his first game that was ironed out of his game. And when we were 10 out the ball would go to mbye for a kick.... which is borderline ridiculous when you have a genuine running/kicking halfback in the team.

Ok Frawley isn’t a superstar. He will never make origin. He will never win a dally m. But you know what you will get from him. And with a proper structure and system in place he will be a capable half next to a dominant partner. Let him chime in when required. Let him grubber and bomb 10-20 out. Let him clear the ball out of our own half. He isn’t the next immortal. But he never got a chance at his natural game at the club, just the same as lichaa, graham, Jackson, tolman, hoppa, mbye, klem didn’t either.

Pay will lift the boys this season and I am expecting a lot better performances on the field. Even if we can get Eastwood back and he still has some miles left in his legs I think he can be a useful lock with his middle defence and offload. He has never been a back rower in his entire career let alone at 29.... another one that suffered under haslers idiocy.

And if you have any doubts about it. Look at graham. Easily the most skilful prop Australia has seen since possibly beetson. Amazing first few years in the Nrl. What does Hasler do? He runs plays for tolman 2 times a set and uses graham as a link player..... you have graham, kasiano and klemmer in your 17 and your go to forward is tolmam.... please.... after he was offered tolman an extension 12 months before off contract I think castle should have sent Hasler to rehab. The guy wasn’t thinking logically.
But i just can't ignore the fact that our ISP side improved without Frawley in the side, he's just an average player imo. Frawley can probably place a kick better than anyone else at the club, but other than that he doesn't offer anything different or better than Foran.

Foran has the better football brain, ability to manage a game and far more experience. Foran should be the halfback and render Frawley obsolete imo. Surely we need someone with a better running game to partner Foran?

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really hope this Coggar story proves to be true, we need better quality at 7 than Frawley.

Interesting Leicher talked about practicing passing more. This is something he needs to get better at, he dead set has the worst passing game of any hooker in the NRL over the last two season.

Good service to your forwards hitting the advantage line is way more important than a running game for a Hooker.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Frawley.. Ehhhhhhhhhhh
Frawley showed plenty of promise and had a better kicking game than anyone else in the team, early on in fg, then Des in his wisdom moves him to 6 and gives mbye the kicking game and makes him look shit with Desball. He is underrated because of it.

New coach and a better halves partner (mbye isnt a half), he could go well. He has competition for the spot though

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everybody is raving about Cleveland. I was excited when I say his highlight reel when playing for the sharks but must admit... I was deeply disappointed in him that he did not stand up in reserve grade finals last year

I thought all hype.
Frawly is the logical choice- deserves first crack along side Foran.
Yeah, I was surprised Cleveland got 4 seasons on his own, but he is much better suited back in Quahog & the Family Guy show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.