Brenko Lee to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wishing Lee all the best, if fixes his defence he would be decent Centre.
Wishing Lee all the best, if fixes his defence he would be decent Centre.
Seriously guys, are we paying part of his salary to pay elsewhere? even if it is $10k, that is not good habit we have got ourselves into. Abbey also would have been paid lots more than Priest, so in that swap, are we also paying Abbey to play for Canberra? OMG I hope we are not paying anything but who knows??

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wahh, now i need a new guy to follow :sob:

Expected him to leave, just thought it was going to be the Cowboys. Guess this pretty much confirms our play for Cogger.
Cleve Fella you are, and why did you expect him to move may I ask?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont agree with this.. leaves us very light on in depth in outside backs

Pretty much confirms the backs as
1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

good luck if we get an injury
How so? Plenty of Debutants to go around... Cerruto, Carr, Bergamin, Morgan and Smith and more.. Plenty of talent on show for us next yr.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously guys, are we paying part of his salary to pay elsewhere? even if it is $10k, that is not good habit we have got ourselves into. Abbey also would have been paid lots more than Priest, so in that swap, are we also paying Abbey to play for Canberra? OMG I hope we are not paying anything but who knows??
"Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs centre Brenko Lee is to leave the club and join the Gold Coast Titans. The move is due to personal family reasons."

The above quote is from the press release. If it is indeed for personal family reasons, then either he has taken a pay cut, or he is playing for the same money, but being paid by the Titans. I seriously doubt we would allow a transfer because of family reasons & also pay part of the contract. That would be very bad management.

N

Natboy

I wonder if the personal reasons is just due to Dean Pay being the coach now

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm semi annoyed about letting him go even if it's on compassionate grounds without some form of compensation in the playing roster. I'd even be willing to hold out for the Titans to arrange a swap for a decent youngster who wasn't far off an NRL debut.

Lee may be a bit prone to errors at times and his defense isn't good. But both of these things can be taught. But his attacking instincts are pretty good and if he had better halves feeding him good ball he'd kill it. I wouldn't even care to guess what his salary is. Maybe the silver lining to this is that he's on better coin than his handling and defensive issue warrant.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm semi annoyed about letting him go even if it's on compassionate grounds without some form of compensation in the playing roster. I'd even be willing to hold out for the Titans to arrange a swap for a decent youngster who wasn't far off an NRL debut.

Lee may be a bit prone to errors at times and his defense isn't good. But both of these things can be taught. But his attacking instincts are pretty good and if he had better halves feeding him good ball he'd kill it. I wouldn't even care to guess what his salary is. Maybe the silver lining to this is that he's on better coin than his handling and defensive issue warrant.
The problem for Brenko though is he does in defence what Abbey does in attack - he won't put his body on the line and that is in his head it has nothing to do with technique. I watched him last year either just stand there or shirt grab rather than get in front of the attacker and use his shoulder. I'm sure every coach he has ever had has tried to get him to tackle and here we are 15 years later and he still can't. I doubt much will change from here on in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cleve Fella you are, and why did you expect him to move may I ask?
Because someone told me he was moving to QLD during the year.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs centre Brenko Lee is to leave the club and join the Gold Coast Titans. The move is due to personal family reasons."

The above quote is from the press release. If it is indeed for personal family reasons, then either he has taken a pay cut, or he is playing for the same money, but being paid by the Titans. I seriously doubt we would allow a transfer because of family reasons & also pay part of the contract. That would be very bad management.
Except for the fact i would have thought we are desperate for any breathing space in the cap esp with what may be around the cnr in 2019. Hopefully that is just rumour

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to get their head around the fact that we're going to be hamstrung by the cap again next year as well. A tough pill to swallow, especially when it's been brought up here before and people like to answer with garbage like "but look at the roosters/broncos!!!111"

The club has no option but to make these moves now to dig ourselves out of this mess. I truly don't expect us to be contending again for a few years, just hoping we can compete next season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
People need to get their head around the fact that we're going to be hamstrung by the cap again next year as well. A tough pill to swallow, especially when it's been brought up here before and people like to answer with garbage like "but look at the roosters/broncos!!!111"

The club has no option but to make these moves now to dig ourselves out of this mess. I truly don't expect us to be contending again for a few years, just hoping we can compete next season.
How do you figure? We have Eastwood Morris bros and graham
Off books
After the coming season?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Spot on mate. This situation should never ever been allowed to be signed off and allowed to occur at all.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because someone told me he was moving to QLD during the year.
Fair enough, I did know that he and his Brother / Cousin playing at the Sharks were from Qld, he must have suffered from the same disease as the little turd BB........"Want to be nearer to my Family and relatives":smirk:

Dunny

Waterboy
Reaction score
it might just be my thought but why arnt we making a play for c walker instead of cogger as walker is a freak can play multiple positions 6/8 fullback and if we did have a injury out wide it would be an easy fix to push mbye out walker to the back and play 1 of our 5 halves we have on the books

Status
Not open for further replies.