Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looking for your thoughts folks,

Surely you don’t release your major purchase of 2017 and not replace him with somebody else,

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Major purchase? He was a fringe player. Hes gone coz Hopoate is moving to centre. Nobody is coming. At best we get another depth player with his money.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He left for personal reasons. I don't think there was ever a plan to replace him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He left for personal reasons. I don't think there was ever a plan to replace him.
Exactly. Would have been a backup he saw an opportunity at first grade and took it. Wouldn’t move the cap too much. If anything we can pick up another back up or restructure some contracts to make a play for a few key players next season.

Eastwood is the big one. 800k this season so if you can move him and maybe even tolman you free up lots of space in the cap. But seeing as 2017 is almost over it will be hard to pick up key players for next season. We are better off seeing how we go next year and with Eastwood and the Morris boys all off contract next year you have a few mill to have a crack.

Pay has showed his recruitment is better then Hasler already so I’m hopeful he will build a squad capable of competing in the next few years.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to see him go, he could have been anything with a good defense coach (not Hasler), but many Queensland's want to play in Queensland anyway.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was up here in qld months ago negotiating. Way before Hasler left. He wanted to come back home.

Cogger is the man coming to the dogs if they agree on price

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Would have been a backup he saw an opportunity at first grade and took it. Wouldn’t move the cap too much. If anything we can pick up another back up or restructure some contracts to make a play for a few key players next season.

Eastwood is the big one. 800k this season so if you can move him and maybe even tolman you free up lots of space in the cap. But seeing as 2017 is almost over it will be hard to pick up key players for next season. We are better off seeing how we go next year and with Eastwood and the Morris boys all off contract next year you have a few mill to have a crack.

Pay has showed his recruitment is better then Hasler already so I’m hopeful he will build a squad capable of competing in the next few years.
So who has Dean Pay signed that is better than Hasler

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How exactly has pay shown this? He signed klay priest.........

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was up here in qld months ago negotiating. Way before Hasler left. He wanted to come back home.

Cogger is the man coming to the dogs if they agree on price
Really? So he is a queenslander hey? In any case, its a shame he is gone on my opinion, but good luck to him.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brenko was a gun in attack.. defensive issues yes, still not happy hes gone

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
They had an aboriginal carnival at the end of the season , lee got destroyed in a comp that had NO defence , some kid from the broncs absolutely killed him , pay was in Canberra when lee was there , he knew he was garbage , no biggie to me

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we were the rorters we'd be signing JT with his money.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay must be happy enough with our depth in the backs to let Lee go. Not sure who he's thinking about? Holland is next in the pecking order at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.