Bulldogs great Graeme Hughes says Canterbury move will be Kieran Foran’s last chance in the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure if I am following this thread correctly but if I am, not sure what more evidence you want. Foran himself has said he needs to get his body right due to injuries, that is why he did not play in the RLWC. As Graeme has implied, he has chronic hamstring injuries and has had problems at Parra and the Warriors with his hamstrings and may be even before. That is very public knowledge. nobody including Foran hides from that fact. IMO, I cannot see getting more than 12-15 games from him per year on average, over the life of his contract, which will be a good result
I'm not talking about Foran here, i'm just talking in general. Do clubs actually do medicals on players before they sign them? I have never seen it mentioned before so atm i don't believe it happens. I'm just asking if anyone has any proof of them happening in the NRL.

And i have said this before about Foran, it will take a long time for him to get to the stage where he can manage NRL footy on a weekly basis. The average player would have been back to full duty by now, but the club is taking it slow with him. The thing is i don't even care if he starts the season a month later, i just care about him starting when he's 100% match fit.

I don't even understand why people think i'm saying negative things about him, i'm just being realistic instead of making idiotic claims like some people calling him the best 5/8 in the game atm lol.

A

Alexander the Great

Love how most "fans" have him written off before even giving him a chance.............

I think he will come good... a few kebabs and its game on.. my only issue is he has played at parra.

Once a player has played for them they go to shi7. Toxic club

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you have proof? It's just i have never seen it reported or mentioned before in the media. I do know they do exit medical assessments, but again that's made after the signing and by the players current club.
I dont have proof, but of course they do. If a player is to be payed out due to medical conditions forcing their hand, then of course the club need to know where the injury stems from. Insurance and liability. Its common practice amongst all clubs im sure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont have proof, but of course they do. If a player is to be payed out due to medical conditions forcing their hand, then of course the club need to know where the injury stems from. Insurance and liability. Its common practice amongst all clubs im sure.
That still doesn't mean the new club does a medical before signing the player. Like i said, the current club does a exit medical assessment on a player before he leaves, that could easily be used as reference.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Foran here, i'm just talking in general. Do clubs actually do medicals on players before they sign them? I have never seen it mentioned before so atm i don't believe it happens. I'm just asking if anyone has any proof of them happening in the NRL.

And i have said this before about Foran, it will take a long time for him to get to the stage where he can manage NRL footy on a weekly basis. The average player would have been back to full duty by now, but the club is taking it slow with him. The thing is i don't even care if he starts the season a month later, i just care about him starting when he's 100% match fit.

I don't even understand why people think i'm saying negative things about him, i'm just being realistic instead of making idiotic claims like some people calling him the best 5/8 in the game atm lol.
I know first hand that several clubs do esp if there has been a history but they do as a matter of course so to track and keep a record esp helps also with possible future issues. I cannot prove that i know that on here. However look to the Jack Bird example at the Broncos

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran's fitness is a bit if a worry because outside of him we have nothing proven to be more than a make weight at NRL level, non of them would make first grade at any other club.

If Foran plays to his potential and can stay on the field he is a Million $$ plus player and will go close to winning the Dally M. My understanding is we are paying under that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to get him super tough like Johns was, not that big but able to tackle blokes twice his size, if he breaks can we cover him?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to get him super tough like Johns was, not that big but able to tackle blokes twice his size, if he breaks can we cover him?
Good result to get 12-15 games per annum from him

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH, I believe if there is one thing that describes Kieran Foran then it would be "TOUGH"!! VERY TOUGH!! every bit as tough as Andrew Johns was, can we cover for him if he breaks?? the short answer is NO! at this point in time.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH, I believe if there is one thing that describes Kieran Foran then it would be "TOUGH"!! VERY TOUGH!! every bit as tough as Andrew Johns was, can we cover for him if he breaks?? the short answer is NO! at this point in time.
The problem with depth at a position like half back, is that if they’re good enough, they will eventually find their way to first grade through another club.

I guess what I’m saying is no one will be able to cover a half back position/five eight, full back or hooker well enough..and if they did, it’s just a matter of time before they are snapped up.

Just look at Damien cook!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The problem with depth at a position like half back, is that if they’re good enough, they will eventually find their way to first grade through another club.

I guess what I’m saying is no one will be able to cover a half back position/five eight, full back or hooker well enough..and if they did, it’s just a matter of time before they are snapped up.

That's why it's ideal if both your halves have well rounded games and can interchange with each other at times. Look at the Cowboys with no JT, Morgan eventually stepped up and performed better at halfback than most other halfbacks in the game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on how determined he is, he might wanna go for another five or six.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course it is Mr Hughes. Foran has been terrible the last few years wether that's injuries or his own fault. League is a brutal game on the body and unfortunately some people's bodies can't last. If his body can't get through this contract I highly doubt another club will be stupid enough to fork out the cash we have to give him another go.

On another note I still can't believe we have forked out near $800,000 a season (according to the media) for this guy. What a waste of cash when no one else was bidding!!!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That still doesn't mean the new club does a medical before signing the player. Like i said, the current club does a exit medical assessment on a player before he leaves, that could easily be used as reference.
I think our club did it with loko

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course it is Mr Hughes. Foran has been terrible the last few years wether that's injuries or his own fault. League is a brutal game on the body and unfortunately some people's bodies can't last. If his body can't get through this contract I highly doubt another club will be stupid enough to fork out the cash we have to give him another go.

On another note I still can't believe we have forked out near $800,000 a season (according to the media) for this guy. What a waste of cash when no one else was bidding!!!

Even if we are paying $800 000
I don't think that is overpaying considering what Illawarra are paying for Ben hunt.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I disagree- he will guide the juniors with likes of cleeland brown Frawley like Stuart did with sherwin

If he gets his body right (which all indications show he will) we will have a big year!

Sterling said he was the most important signing for the eels in decades- let’s hope this is also the case for us.

We need to use him smart and protect him more- similar to what we did to lamb(training wise etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.