Brenko Lee to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes that's the thing though isn't it. Pay has seen him up close and personal and I suspect he likes a lot of what Brenko does but he really is a dumb footy player and his decision making is very poor. Bottom line is you can't put brains in statues and that is why Pay was happy for him to go.
Pretty fair assessment. I was certainly willing to give Brenko the chance to improve his defensive game but alas that did not even look like happening. Certainly freakish in attack ( pretty good tackle busts and try assists) but when you let in tries with poor defence that pretty much negates some of that stat.

Looking at last year he averaged 10 tackles a game missing 20% or two tackles in defence; his defensive tackle efficiency was 83.1% according to NRL website.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont agree with this.. leaves us very light on in depth in outside backs

Pretty much confirms the backs as
1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

good luck if we get an injury

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I rate hoppa as a centre

His ball playing in the last few games was awesome
I’d prefer him in the centres compared to a Dugan and I bet hoppa is half the price

How much was his game held back by our former coach

He is a touch slow but he can pass so let’s back him ( it’s the old bulldogs way )
Yeah I reckon we'll get good value out of Hop at centre

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

I agree. We also let Phillips,kennar and chade stanley go, so we are very light in outside backs. I relly hopeReimis Smith comes along this year.
Have no fear though, we always have holland to back us up. Lol

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely filthy we didn't give him one more season to see if he can improve his defense and also see what heights he could reach in attack under a different coach. He was our only attacking option out wide that always looked likely to create something. Farrrrrk ! I thought he would eventually come good and with the help of Jmoz, become a well rounded centre. Not happy !

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. We also let Phillips,kennar and chade stanley go, so we are very light in outside backs. I relly hopeReimis Smith comes along this year.
I hold little hope.. while the roosters have Joey Manu and Reece Robinson floating around as backups

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A few have said that Stanley is not playing for us in 2018. Has he retired, not re-signed or what? I haven't seen anything on him leaving.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A few have said that Stanley is not playing for us in 2018. Has he retired, not re-signed or what? I haven't seen anything on him leaving.
He was off contract and i havnt heard any news of him being re-signed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely filthy we didn't give him one more season to see if he can improve his defense and also see what heights he could reach in attack under a different coach. He was our only attacking option out wide that always looked likely to create something. Farrrrrk ! I thought he would eventually come good and with the help of Jmoz, become a well rounded centre. Not happy !
Yeah im pretty pissed as well to be honest.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any idea if we are getting Cogger on the cheap? We should be trying to offload Frawley to Manly really if he isn't going to see FG
yes we should try to offload frawley to any one this would double our odds
him not playing for us and we playing against him win win

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

True, we mightn't have a lot of experienced replacements out wide but that might just give a couple of our young blokes a chance to taste FG. I can see Okunbar filling in out wide, Smith, Carr and maybe one or 2 of the 20's kids getting a shot here and there and that won't be a bad thing. Let's face it the blokes we had filling in last season didn't exactly change the world and we might blood a couple of good prospects.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that's the thing though isn't it. Pay has seen him up close and personal and I suspect he likes a lot of what Brenko does but he really is a dumb footy player and his decision making is very poor. Bottom line is you can't put brains in statues and that is why Pay was happy for him to go.
yeah gotta remember pay was d coach at raiders. would've been his job to improve it...just shows Pay doesn't believe in doing he same thing over and over and expect a different result...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

I can live with that.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our next big signing has to be a centre

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
2019 out bmoz, jmoz, Eastwood and Graham’s balance

In - Rts and Joseph Manu, papalli please

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs are chasing mansour and sezer never know mid year transfer? Or for 2019? I heard sezer wants to return to the blue and white.
Not exactly spring chickens. Okay buys if at a good price but wouldn't want to be burning our cap on them.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have Bmoz, Jmoz & Eastwood off contract next year which easily clears $2m off the cap.

The cap increase plus a few reserve graders off contract makes space.

We will be done with paying a % of Graham and Kasianos contract.

We need to be ruthless with recruitment.

My number 1 target would be Michael Morgan, but rest assured he will take JT's salary and be the new pin up boy of the Cowboys.

I would take a punt on Hastings or Sezer for the right price and chase after RTS, Mansour & Cordner.

RTS
Mansour
Mbye
Hopoate
Montoya
Hastings/Sezer
Foran (probably be medically retired)
Woods
Lichaa/Woolford
Klemmer
Cordner
RFM
Jackson

Woolford/Lichaa
Tualalo
Elliott
Tolman (would be ideal if another club snapped him up)

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wishing Lee all the best, if fixes his defence he would be decent Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.