Brenko Lee to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Cogger? Is he any good?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any idea if we are getting Cogger on the cheap? We should be trying to offload Frawley to Manly really if he isn't going to see FG
No idea, all reports indicate he's only leaving for a better crack at firstgrade. Nothing has been mentioned about $$$ other than us needing to make room for him on the roster.

Malla

Reaction score
Frawley, shit. Cleeland, out and out 5/8 that has never cracked it. Brown, average.

I guess Pay wants a well rounded half to play alongside Foran so they can share a lot of the duties. He also looks to have a decent kicking game from memory, though i only remember seeing him play 1 game lol. He was also rated higher than Lamb when they were the 20's halves pairing.

Either way i think the more options we have in the halves the better we off we will be, hopefully one of them come good and if not we just chase a gun the next time ones available.
If Lichaa plays like Lichaa pre-Des, and Mbye at fullback turns into a revelation, do you reckon we need a 5/8 that's on par with Foran (at his best)? Not comparing this year to 2012 and by no means am I predicting Mbye to play like Barba, but who knows. We did it that year with Keating and Reynolds in the halves lol could argue Keating was the better of the 2 - I think it would just be good to have a 5/8 with a good short kicking game and that can defend.

Heaps of pressure on Foran to deliver though, not sure if that's a good thing.

Ironbark

Waterboy
Reaction score
I rate hoppa as a centre

His ball playing in the last few games was awesome
I’d prefer him in the centres compared to a Dugan and I bet hoppa is half the price

How much was his game held back by our former coach

He is a touch slow but he can pass so let’s back him ( it’s the old bulldogs way )

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Lichaa plays like Lichaa pre-Des, and Mbye at fullback turns into a revelation, do you reckon we need a 5/8 that's on par with Foran (at his best)? Not comparing this year to 2012 and by no means am I predicting Mbye to play like Barba, but who knows. We did it that year with Keating and Reynolds in the halves lol could argue Keating was the better of the 2 - I think it would just be good to have a 5/8 with a good short kicking game and that can defend.

Heaps of pressure on Foran to deliver though, not sure if that's a good thing.
Ideally i think we need a half with a well rounded kicking game and running game with some decent pace and footwork to partner Foran.

Foran needs to be the halfback for us though, he's the one with the vision and experience, whoever partners him is going to be far less experienced as a NRL playmaker.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs are chasing mansour and sezer never know mid year transfer? Or for 2019? I heard sezer wants to return to the blue and white.

Malla

Reaction score
Ideally i think we need a half with a well rounded kicking game and running game with some decent pace and footwork to partner Foran.

Foran needs to be the halfback for us though, he's the one with the vision and experience, whoever partners him is going to be far less experienced as a NRL playmaker.
Yeah agreed. He needs to play the role in barking orders to the forwards/backs - we been lacking that BADLY.

I know Brown is average, but I think he might have the most potential out of all the halves we have.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im obviously one of the minority here, but im kinda pissed we let him go. Sure his defensive reads are bad, but he was also often defending outside of frawley who was bloody aweful too.
In any case, he is an attacking weapon we havnt seen in our colours for a while, and we are now pretty light for centre stocks. And if we do sign this cogger guy we are pretty heavy on halves options. Not a bad thing, but where are they all meant to play?
I thought keighran or lewis were our future. Obviously not.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone assuming that Brenko's gone there to play first grade. There's every likelyhood he'd been signed as someone broke the ticket turnstyles and they needed a replacement.

We should have player swapped them for Elgey (as we wouldn't get Taylor for that amount).

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kind of happy he's gone. He came off as a pretty dumb footballer mainly in defence in my opinion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So likely backs line up:
Mbye
Morris
Morris
Hoopa
Montoya
Foran
???Cogger/Frawley
Cleeland/Brown also in the running to partner Foran

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lee was a freak in attack woeful in d. I’m mixed here. Like really really good attack and fucking disgraceful below reserve grade d. I agree that jmoz and hoppa where ahead based on reality though would of liked to see Lee on the books for 12 more
Months, though also prepared to say dean pay knows best with him from his time at raiders and hopefully sees something in Cogger that is there and delivers a partner for Foran to lead us.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GOLD Coast have continued their sweeping run of recruitment with a move which could trigger a domino affect across several clubs.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal the Titans have signed Canterbury centre Brenko Lee effective immediately.

The Titans are expected to confirm the new acquisition on Thursday for what will be a one-year deal.

A handy signing for the Titans who are short in the backline, it now allows the Bulldogs to make a play for Newcastle No. 7 Jack Cogger.

It is understood Cogger headlines the club’s wish list for 2018 but the half would need a release from his deal in order to make the move next season.

Foxsports.com.au also understands that Cogger has piqued the interest of South Sydney. With Cody Walker rejecting a contract extension from the club some months ago, they’ve began exploring the market for potential replacements.

Last week Cogger’s management was scheduled to meet with Wests boss Phil Gardner in a bid to give the 20-year-old a release but that had to be rescheduled.

He’s also reportedly attracted interest from Canberra for 2019 with both their starting halves off-contract next year.

Foxsports.com.au attempted to contact Cogger’s management for comment but could not be reached due to a family matter which is likely to delay any meetings with the Knights before Christmas.

A Newcastle junior, Cogger sits down on the pecking order following the arrival of new halves Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson.

He must also contend with Brock Lamb and Trent Hodkinson who are also on the club’s books.

Hodkinson has been linked with a move to Manly but with their salary cap position unclear due to breaches over the past five seasons, the club is in limbo.

Lee’s move to the Titans is the latest in a flood of player movements across the pre-season and it shows no sign of slowing.

The Titans, Knights and Roosters all have money for 2018 to play with should they choose to.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...f/news-story/557578d965d5e2fb6746ecb4c6aa4606

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lee was a freak in attack woeful in d. I’m mixed here. Like really really good attack and fucking disgraceful below reserve grade d. I agree that jmoz and hoppa where ahead based on reality though would of liked to see Lee on the books for 12 more
Months, though also prepared to say dean pay knows best with him from his time at raiders and hopefully sees something in Cogger that is there and delivers a partner for Foran to lead us.
Yes that's the thing though isn't it. Pay has seen him up close and personal and I suspect he likes a lot of what Brenko does but he really is a dumb footy player and his decision making is very poor. Bottom line is you can't put brains in statues and that is why Pay was happy for him to go.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im obviously one of the minority here, but im kinda pissed we let him go. Sure his defensive reads are bad, but he was also often defending outside of frawley who was bloody aweful too.
In any case, he is an attacking weapon we havnt seen in our colours for a while, and we are now pretty light for centre stocks. And if we do sign this cogger guy we are pretty heavy on halves options. Not a bad thing, but where are they all meant to play?
I thought keighran or lewis were our future. Obviously not.
that may be true, however we need Jackson at lock, and Martin and Mariner / Elliot arent as safe defensively as most backrowers... so sadly we cant afford to carry any shit defenders out wide. The modern game will punish you for it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. Allthough i think Elliot is actually a pretty good defender.
In any case, i juat hope this doesnt turn out to be the first big retention mistake pay makes. I hope brenko can find his defensive ability and succeed in the game, but at the same time i will be pissed if he turns out to be a star and we let him go.
Would have been nice to hold onto him for depth and then reassess where he is at come the end of next year when we need a centre.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lee was gone the minute Pay signed on as coach. He knows that Brenko was a rubbish defender and that's why Raiders were not getting into a bidding war to keep him.

If I was Frawley I'd be a bit concerned about now too.

Woolford I doubt is under threat as he actually has some decent untapped potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.