We will win the comp in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blair is the NZ captain, Hunt an Aust/Qld rep and being replaced by a pensioner and a thug. Bird for Moga maybe Bird shades him a bit but Moga had his first full season last year and looked pretty strong for mine and is starting to live up to his potential. Bird is day to day at best. Compare that with who we lost and gained and I think our recruitment is much better than theirs.
I think in that article, they are rating the whole roster, not just recruitment.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am reset now with my belief for next year. If we still had Des nothing would have changed, but now i have optimism. So for me now... we will win the comp until we can't, will win the minor premiership until we can't, make the top 4 until we can't, top 8 until we can't. You get the picture. Its good to be back in that place! Fuck i hope the door hit Des on the way out. And i hope it was a big heavy door

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blair is the NZ captain, Hunt an Aust/Qld rep and being replaced by a pensioner and a thug. Bird for Moga maybe Bird shades him a bit but Moga had his first full season last year and looked pretty strong for mine and is starting to live up to his potential. Bird is day to day at best. Compare that with who we lost and gained and I think our recruitment is much better than theirs.
Time will tell if they'll miss Hunt or not. I was surprised they let Ese'ese and Blair leave but Bennett must have a lot of faith in Lodge. If Lodge starts he'll be in my Supercoach team :grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time will tell if they'll miss Hunt or not. I was surprised they let Ese'ese and Blair leave but Bennett must have a lot of faith in Lodge. If Lodge starts he'll be in my Supercoach team :grinning:
Not just lodge, they signed that english guy they are touting as the next SBW. I forget his name, but by all reports, we wont next year.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not just lodge, they signed that english guy they are touting as the next SBW. I forget his name, but by all reports, we wont next year.
Yes but how many of the pommies really make it. Maybe 1 in 3 that come over here do anything beyond average. Most go home telling everyone they were picked on. Look at the Titans bloke from this year - gone. the bloke from Penrith the year before gone. The worlds best fullback from Warriors - gone. Yes some make here but most don't.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes but how many of the pommies really make it. Maybe 1 in 3 that come over here do anything beyond average. Most go home telling everyone they were picked on. Look at the Titans bloke from this year - gone. the bloke from Penrith the year before gone. The worlds best fullback from Warriors - gone. Yes some make here but most don't.
Forwards go alright over here. Morley, Burgess, Graham are up there with the best. Backs have been shocking, that burgess bloke that played for easts and rosters, Sarginson who played for Tits last year, already back in the UK.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forwards go alright over here. Morley, Burgess, Graham are up there with the best. Backs have been shocking, that burgess bloke that played for easts and rosters, Sarginson who played for Tits last year, already back in the UK.
Tomkins was the most hyped and worst out of all of them

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That pommie forward will end up like Mark Flanagan imo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who? And I guess that's your point! :grinning:
Played for the West Tigers, came over from Saint Helens in pretty sure. Didn't do to much at all and went back to SL for Castleford

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fringe 8 but I believe we will walk away from each game proud to support our team unlike the last couple years.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate if mbye fires at fullback and Foran kills it you never know.. I wonder who will play along side Foran.. if he fires mate that spine could go really well

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fringe 8 but I believe we will walk away from each game proud to support our team unlike the last couple years.

Even if we lose by 14 but it was enjoyable to watch I'm happy right now..

I've never fallen asleep watching dogs games on tv but the last 2 years I have..

Hasler was not selling the product especially to fans that sit on the fence and don't watch too much league..

We lost them lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The changes that have been made make me confident for 2018. There is a few options available that should be noted. If Mbye fails at FB,
he can be rotated with Hopoate. I would start with Cleeland and Foran as halves, and have Brown on the bench. He can cover for the halves and hooker.
The player who I expect big things from this year is Danny Fualolo. He may be a revelation as prop.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The change was a great start but there are a lot of question marks over the existing roster. I will eagerly await the new play style and reinstalling what the jersey means to players who wear it. Some players will be a revelation under Dean and others will be robotic plods that Des wanted. It is up to them to showcase their talent in 2018. Bring it on.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what makes you think we're going to be the entertainers?

Status
Not open for further replies.