Bulldogs great Graeme Hughes says Canterbury move will be Kieran Foran’s last chance in the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
KIERAN Foran’s time at Canterbury will be his last chance to resurrect his injury-plagued NRL career, according to a former Bulldogs premiership winner. Foran has arrived at Belmore short of fitness having endured quad, hamstring, back and shoulder injuries playing with the Warriors this year, with the latter also cruelling his time at Parramatta in 2016.
“If he’s ever going to get his career right, you’d think this is the last throw. “But he’s a very good footballer. He’s tough.

“If he stands up and plays the majority of the season, that’s a great thing because they’ve been lacking direction.” Foran expects to sit out pre-season contact work until January. The club’s legendary five-eighth Terry Lamb, who’s back at Canterbury to support new coach Dean Pay, noted his less-than-ideal condition.

“He came to us a little bit busted with a few injuries. Great kid, he’s just got to get his football going,”

“When he’s fit, he will be a very good player.” Lamb praised former teammate Pay’s early efforts to improve a squad that missed the finals this year for the first time since 2010, leading to coach Des Hasler’s sacking.

“Players are a lot fitter than they were last year,” Lamb said. “The game’s getting faster and players need to be a lot fitter and that’s what Deano’s trying to do.” He said their other major signing, Kangaroos prop Aaron Woods, suited Pay’s plan to introduce more second-phase play.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/7b8f26c069bfdc69abcb8d3df95779e5

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny to see Lamb mention that the players ate fitter now than they were under Des. Also good to see we are going to add some genuine second phase play, not just that hot potato bs we saw under Des.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny to see Lamb mention that the players ate fitter now than they were under Des. Also good to see we are going to add some genuine second phase play, not just that hot potato bs we saw under Des.
True its odds also as Des had a reputation of being a fitness freak

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How dare they address Lamb as "a former Bulldogs premiership winner." He's a freaking Forefather of our club, and named the captain of the greatest ever Bulldogs team FFS.

Foxsports, show the man some damn RESPECT.

Wahesh

Reaction score
True its odds also as Des had a reputation of being a fitness freak
Keyword - had.

He currently has the reputation of being as smart as a blind, deaf, and dumb Eskimo locked up in an igloo.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did we do a due diligence on Foran's injury situation BEFORE he signed with us? If so, I hope that his price was a little lower than reported in the media!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did we do a due diligence on Foran's injury situation BEFORE he signed with us? If so, I hope that his price was a little lower than reported in the media!
No idea, don't think clubs to medicals on players before signing them like they do in Football.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. They have to do a medical before moving from one club to the next. That was the source of the problems between Sharks and Donkeys over Bird and his crook shoulder or whatever it was. It's also a requirement for the medical insurance that affected Watmough and may affect Eastwood. They have to chart any health issues at time of signing contract to ensure they don't get stuck with a BS claim for payout.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah maybe Des used to get pissed at Kas for coming into pre-season slim and made him put the weight back on lol

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How dare they address Lamb as "a former Bulldogs premiership winner." He's a freaking Forefather of our club, and named the captain of the greatest ever Bulldogs team FFS.

Foxsports, show the man some damn RESPECT.
That's in reference to Graeme Hughes, not the king.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes is right. Foran is much slower and less agile then he used to be. Our only hope is Kieren continues to get faster between the ears to compensate.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotenks knows everything about Foran and every player in our squad. In fact he knows everything about rugby league in general and everyone else is just stupid.

He should have been named coach instead of Dean Pay I reckon. As Gotenks is a know it all.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its almost like the spelling mistake was on purpose. Lol ate fitter.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes is right. Foran is much slower and less agile then he used to be. Our only hope is Kieren continues to get faster between the ears to compensate.
He's only 27. He was slower last year because they buggered up his rehab and made him play when only half fit. That's why he is taking his time to get himself back in shape for next season. I can't see any reason why he can't come back just as good as he was at the end of his manly and beginning of his Eels stint. He was pretty dynamic then and it was only 2 years ago.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's in reference to Graeme Hughes, not the king.
Graeme Hughes is another great former Bulldog.

In fact all Bulldogs premiership winners should be referred to by their actual names!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they do!
Do you have proof? It's just i have never seen it reported or mentioned before in the media. I do know they do exit medical assessments, but again that's made after the signing and by the players current club.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you have proof? It's just i have never seen it reported or mentioned before in the media. I do know they do exit medical assessments, but again that's made after the signing and by the players current club.
Not sure if I am following this thread correctly but if I am, not sure what more evidence you want. Foran himself has said he needs to get his body right due to injuries, that is why he did not play in the RLWC. As Graeme has implied, he has chronic hamstring injuries and has had problems at Parra and the Warriors with his hamstrings and may be even before. That is very public knowledge. nobody including Foran hides from that fact. IMO, I cannot see getting more than 12-15 games from him per year on average, over the life of his contract, which will be a good result

Status
Not open for further replies.