Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if we have enough forwards or not but i know im encouraged by dean on the lookout for more creative halves.
Obviously him looking at this Newcastle kid Cogger kinda tells me he sees deficiencies in what we have.
Maybe it's a case of our current talent to partner foran is not ready yet for that step up. Or we're one injury away from chaos again.
We honestly haven't been lucky with been up to speed like most clubs with good young halves. Hopefully that changes next year.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Genuine question.
We have lost a lot of our forward stars last three years, and some aren’t who they used to be. Eastwood, looking at you there.

My question is, are we setting ourselves up to be poleaxed in the forwards ?

Klemmer and woods will be good up front. Elliott and Jackson will do a job, and Tolman will make a bunch of tackles.

Our bench is paper thin. Sometimes RFM is ok, but he is overhyped. Regardless, pretend that two of the above are injured during the season. A highly likely scenario. Who do we have? No names.

If we lose three of our top 6. I think teams are going to carve us up the middle like a hot knife in butter.

We have eroded our depth and safety net.
I think you are right some young blood with a lot of potential but probably still 12 months off being the type off forwards that give you real impact off the bench.
For me a big concern is how slow some of our guys are at getting up to play the ball. In the last few seasons we have been fortunate to have Kasiano and Pritchard and graham to get us moving with fast play-the-balls.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are right some young blood with a lot of potential but probably still 12 months off being the type off forwards that give you real impact off the bench.
For me a big concern is how slow some of our guys are at getting up to play the ball. In the last few seasons we have been fortunate to have Kasiano and Pritchard and graham to get us moving with fast play-the-balls.
We do need real quick ruck to give Foran space for options, especially running straight at the line. Woods has one of the fastest play the balls in the game so hope it can rub off.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As the great Bullfrog always said, when you think you have enough good forwards? then go buy another one!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemmer
Lichaa
Woods
Jackson
RFM
Tolman

Martin
Fualolo
Elliot

Good starting lineup though not much depth
I think you have it just about right for the starting pack. Add Taulau to the bench.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the great Bullfrog always said, when you think you have enough good forwards? then go buy another one!!
It has proven true over time.. he also had another one that was along the lines of:

'give me a world class prop and world class halfback, & il give you a premiership'

Obviously the game has changed abit, since then especially with importance of hookers, fullbacks and all the wrestling, but alot of sense there especially for the game in his time

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer
Lichaa
Woods
Jackson
RFM
Tolman

Martin
Fualolo
Elliot

Good starting lineup though not much depth
Our pack will look interesting during the rep period. We desperately need some players on the fringe to have a break out year.

Status
Not open for further replies.