Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think you found our troll! He’s so lonely in the chokepen

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when was the last time roosters lost a bidding war when it came to signing marquee player?
The media would also start their 'How can the Bulldogs afford him under the cap' campaign.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they actually have articles now explaining how they can afford the signings and possibly another marque signing this year! fmd I give up
Lol....probably Cameron Smith, FMD!!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck this I want uncle nick to come grocery shopping with me, the way he can stretch a dollar I should be able to do a years worth of shopping for my normal weekly outlay and all top brand stuff too

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can the Roosters afford him?

It’s easy to be cynical about a roster that gets more star-studded with every week.

Crichton follows Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco into a list chock full of representative talent, but it’s important not to overlook some simple facts that have allowed the recruitment drive to take place.

To balance the new faces at the club there are several big names who were on good money and have recently gone elsewhere. Representative stars Mitchell Pearce, Aidan Guerra and Shaun Kenny-Dowall are worth more than $1.5 million between them and all three are now at Newcastle.

Jayden Nikorima was soaking up the best part of $400,000 on the Roosters’ cap next season. His sacking gives that money back to the club to be spent all over again.

Then there’s the departures of Kane Evans, Dale Copley, Connor Watson, Jackson Hastings, Liam Knight and Paul Carter. In 2018 none of those players will be on the Roosters’ books.

The significant raise in the salary cap also has to be taken into account. In 2017 it was $7 million. In 2018 it goes up to $9.4 million.

Finally, Crichton’s signing does not have any impact on the Roosters’ books until 2019. With over $1 million still available to spend on their 2018 roster they may even frontload some contracts next year to make Crichton’s salary even more comfortable to cater for when he arrives.

Is this the end of the Roosters’ stunning recruitment drive?

The scary news for the Tricolours’ rivals is it doesn’t have to be. Crichton won’t arrive in Bondi until 2019 so his signing doesn’t affect their cap for next year.

Their current 2018 roster is more than a million dollars under the $9.4 million cap, so another big name or several role players could still be added before June 30 next year.

It’s fair to say the Roosters’ spine is sorted for the next two years but the outside backs have taken a hit with Michael Gordon and Shaun Kenny-Dowall leaving and the forward pack could do with further bolstering following the losses of Aidan Guerra and Kane Evans.

There’s no clear candidates to come in before the 2018 season starts in March but if players from other clubs are shaken loose over the next six months the Roosters are in a strong position to pounce.

More likely, they’ll use their war chest to move on their priority re-signing list, headlined by captain Cordner, and will look at front-loading existing contracts.
Who was this written by? Must be some dumb **** Rorters supporter in the media.
According to this, release 15 players to buy 3....WTF?
Has he ever heard of the TOP 30....NOT TOP 17!! What a load of shit!!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
fuck this I want uncle nick to come grocery shopping with me, the way he can stretch a dollar I should be able to do a years worth of shopping for my normal weekly outlay and all top brand stuff too
He can also show you how to get a McLaren, Ferrari or Lamborghini for a $1.....especially if you play for shonky ****!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this Christmas for his next trick "Uncle Nick" is going feed the entire roosters membership with just 1 fish, 1 loaf of bread and a glass of wine
What you think is a fish, he technically calls that fish, a WHALE!! So, technically he is feeding them with 1 fish...but its about 10tons!!.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how fans use the 'loyalty card' only when it suits them. League is a hard physical game and every player should maximise their income while they can because a serious injury can come at any time. Crichton plays like a beast every game and as long as he continues to do so this year he would have done his job which is all he's required to do.

Not sure if there is a fix for the player movement issues though. As clubs don't have any real compensation to trade such as transfer fees or draft picks, it's always going to be a free transfer so does it matter if it is announced now or at the old deadline of June 30. Under the June 30 rules I am sure players were still negotiating the same, the deal just wasn't announced until that date.

As much as I don't like the Roosters how can they be rorting the cap for 2019 when they only just agreed to the 2018 cap? It could go up to 10 mill in 2019 for all we know? If the NRL forced clubs to disclose player salaries there would be a lot more transparency in regards to this. It's not as if the NRL has ever through their own methods found a club of significantly cheating the cap on it's own anyway

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who friggin cares !!!!!
So Cronulla can’t buy Saints players ?
Same with Brisbane & the Cowboys ?
The definition of a shit club is not one that has played in the most number of deciders since 2000.
Like I said.....green eyed monster.
Hi green eyed monster here,fuck back off to your cock pen and and keep feeding ya chickens you wanker

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys have to realize this game is a business and the player always has to do what is best for himself and his family.

Its not a career where you work for 40 years etc. These guys have 10 years if they are lucky, a career that can be ended in a moment from an injury.

Clubs are ruthless these days so there is no such thing as loyalty and any honour went out the window when salaries hit a million a year.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Gordon was on the roosters books he was said to be getting paid 150 a season. They release him and all of a sudden they say he was on 250. Nikorma when he was on the roosters books they said he was on 250 a season. They release him andall of sudden his on 400 a season.

Get the drift.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may have signed teddy Gronk and crithon. But how are they gonna fix Latrell Bitchells def woes, Blake Faggotsen brain farts and Dlyan Nappies from making 50 metres a game.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
when was the last time roosters lost a bidding war when it came to signing marquee player?
Well when every player that leaves was on a fortune and every player that remains at the club is getting unders because it's just such a great place to play footy and they want a chance to win a premiership etc etc.

Rorters salary cap = majic pudding = NRL joke = NRL is corrupt = fans turning off in droves.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully we can snare Cameron Murray from them to play lock for us, i like that kid

Status
Not open for further replies.