Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If i were the Rabbits i'd be telling him to not even bother coming to training anymore, he can sit on the sideline for the entire season. It's not like Souths will be challenging for a title anyway.

It's a bloody **** move from Crichton imo. 2018 season hasn't even kicked off yet he signs a deal with the Rabbits biggest rivals for 2019. They gave him his shot and looked after him when he moved to Sydney, yet he dogs them at the first chance.
Sport is a business these days. Teams aren't loyal to players either so I have no problem with this.

The only problem I have is with the NRL allowing players to sign with new teams this far out. What a joke. How are Souths fans suppose to cheer Crighton this year?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters simply HAVE to win the comp this year. It would be an absolute embarrassment if they didn’t.
Not winning would be like Golden State adding LeBron to their team and still choking.
Nothing like that at all. Roosters weren't the best team last year and they didn't add the best player in the world. Cowboys are a massive threat.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sport is a business these days. Teams aren't loyal to players either so I have no problem with this.

The only problem I have is with the NRL allowing players to sign with new teams this far out. What a joke. How are Souths fans suppose to cheer Crighton this year?
Yes sport is a business these days, but it's still incredibly disrespectful. Like you said, how are fans meant to support him knowing he's going to their biggest rivals? It would be like Jackson or Klemmer signing with Parra right now for the 2019 season, fans would be furious.

Without the fans you have no game, the NRL and player managers are currently taking the absolute piss out of the fans. Clubs should start punishing players if the NRL isn't going to do anything about it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes sport is a business these days, but it's still incredibly disrespectful. Like you said, how are fans meant to support him knowing he's going to their biggest rivals? It would be like Jackson or Klemmer signing with Parra right now for the 2019 season, fans would be furious.

Without the fans you have no game, the NRL and player managers are currently taking the absolute piss out of the fans. Clubs should start punishing players if the NRL isn't going to do anything about it.
The clubs are the problem. Look at how Hasler got rid of James Graham. Why should players be loyal back?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How fucking terrible was our cap handled.... we have a bunch of pensioners, some nuffies and cripples and get howled down for being over the cap yet the roosters and the broncos can sign every top line player and have every media outlet fighting to write up about how far under the cap they are

It’s like having to drive a fucking clapped out old Datsun in the F1 and being told you have an illegal advantage due to non spec brakes or some shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The clubs are the problem. Look at how Hasler got rid of James Graham. Why should players be loyal back?
Graham didn't have to leave, he could have easily said no and we would have been fucked.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i were the Rabbits i'd be telling him to not even bother coming to training anymore, he can sit on the sideline for the entire season. It's not like Souths will be challenging for a title anyway.

It's a bloody **** move from Crichton imo. 2018 season hasn't even kicked off yet he signs a deal with the Rabbits biggest rivals for 2019. They gave him his shot and looked after him when he moved to Sydney, yet he dogs them at the first chance.
So, let me get this straight. If you’re Crighton & the Roosters offered you 200K more a season you’d say nah, I want to play out the next year at Souths even though I don’t expect to play finals footy or win a premiership.
A c@nt move by Crighton?
Give me a break !

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The National Roosters League is a joke. Souths should make Augus play nsw cup all year and off the bench in nsw cup. Hopefully it completely stuffs his development and roosters r left with a very expensive dud.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Graham didn't have to leave, he could have easily said no and we would have been fucked.
Yeah but his coach didn't want him. Why would he stay for a coach who doesn't want him?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing like that at all. Roosters weren't the best team last year and they didn't add the best player in the world. Cowboys are a massive threat.
They added 2 players who are arguably the best in their positions and came 2nd at the end of the 2017 regular season. This is 2013 all over again and if they can’t win it with this roster, it’s a huge embarrassment

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can any club contact and sign a player that is already contracted to another club for 2018? Weren't there rules in place for this or have they been relaxed by the inept NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. If you’re Crighton & the Roosters offered you 200K more a season you’d say nah, I want to play out the next year at Souths even though I don’t expect to play finals footy or win a premiership.
A c@nt move by Crighton?
Give me a break !
He doesn't need to play with Souths in 2019, but to sign with your current clubs biggest rivals more than a year out is a **** move and totally disrespectful to the fans and club that supported you.

Obviously a Roosters fan wouldn't understand, you lot just sign whoever the fuck you want, when you want. You also throw your own players under the bus whenever it suits you, just look at Nikorima who conveniently seems to be on a reported 400k now that he's been given the boot. Just perfect, right?

Maybe you should go back to your own shit forum and talk to the other 4 active members on there. Sick of hearing about your putrid club.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can any club contact and sign a player that is already contracted to another club for 2018? Weren't there rules in place for this or have they been relaxed by the inept NRL.
You can negotiate with players in their final year of contract, which Angus Crichton entered November 1 2017

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah but his coach didn't want him. Why would he stay for a coach who doesn't want him?
For money. He chose to leave because he wanted to play footy. Crichton left for money and a fake Premiership.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
  1. Cronk ............$1mill
  2. Teddy ............$1 mill
  3. Crighton .........$1 mill
  4. Daniel Tupou (former nsw & aust rep)
  5. Latrell Mitchell (will be upgraded)
  6. Blake Ferguson (nsw rep, aust rep)
  7. Joseph Manu
  8. Luke Keary
  9. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (nz rep)
  10. Jake Friend (former aust rep)
  11. Dylan Napa (Qld rep)
  12. Boyd Cordner (nsw capt, Aust rep)
  13. Isaac Liu (nz rep)
  14. Ryan Matterson
  15. Zane Tetevano
  16. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
  17. Mitch Aubusson
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a complete and utter fucking joke this has become. The nrl need to just scrap the salary cap, it's clearly not working when teams like the roosters can just sign any player they please on huge dollars while other clubs have to shed players.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For money. He chose to leave because he wanted to play footy. Crichton left for money and a fake Premiership.
No such thing as a fake premiership

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters wow.... I mean, if you couldn’t tell who the NRL favours then you have issues! I wonder how low the crowd numbers are going to be next season??? Well done Greenberg you puppet!!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
  7. Joseph Manu
  8. Luke Keary
  11. Dylan Napa (Qld rep)
  13. Isaac Liu (nz rep)
  14. Ryan Matterson
  15. Zane Tetevano
  16. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
  17. Mitch Aubusson
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
If you can believe this bullcrap Tedesco is only on 700k under the cap

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  7. Joseph Manu
  8. Luke Keary
  11. Dylan Napa (Qld rep)
  13. Isaac Liu (nz rep)
  14. Ryan Matterson
  15. Zane Tetevano
  16. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
  17. Mitch Aubusson
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?
  23. ?
  24. ?
  25. ?
  26. ?
  27. ?
  28. ?
  29. ?
  30. ?
That only adds up to $3000,000, they still have another $6.7 million to play with!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.