Bulldogs wanting to medically retire Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if dean pay can make him into a beast again, then why not. He was good until that northern beaches turd fucked him and the rest of the team.
Speaking to him a few Months back about his movement's. He said that he wishes Des would use him properly. This off course was when Des still at the helm. Im more than certain that if he plays on, he will be a heap more better than the past 2 seasons. If he can delve back to football mode, his experience and more importantly his aggression will be more than welcome.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing Eastwood on the edge was one of the many stupid things Des did over the last few years. He wasn't and isn't mobile enough and was shown up countless times.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing Eastwood on the edge was one of the many stupid things Des did over the last few years. He wasn't and isn't mobile enough and was shown up countless times.
What is it that des did anything right.
The reason no club will offer him a job is because as an nrl coach being radical doesn't hide the fact he actually knows nothing. He failed here on every aspect and basic fundamentals of the game.
He bluffed his way as a mastercoach from a blessed manly roster..
That's my vent for the day :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What is it that des did anything right.
The reason no club will offer him a job is because as an nrl coach being radical doesn't hide the fact he actually knows nothing. He failed here on every aspect and basic fundamentals of the game.
He bluffed his way as a mastercoach from a blessed manly roster..
That's my vent for the day :grinning:
You forgot...

2012 was handed to him on a platter, he had nothing to do with the roster that was assembled that year.
2013 was am abysmal, inconsistent year, where we got knocked out week 1 of the finals. This was Des's first full year in charge if you take into account the entire pre-season/off-season.
2014 was another disaster of a year where we were very lucky to makes the grand final, after finishing 7th on the ladder
2015 was a shit house year again, where we struggled to beat an injury-ravaged Dragons team in week 1 of the finals before being beaten by Brisbane
2016 was a wash, rinse, repeat of 2015, even though we have a chance for a top 4 finish, we struggled and lost 4 games in a row to end a very poor season
2017 was an even shitter year than 2016.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you obviously weren't at the Bulldogs Eels game in 98
It was brilliant I can still see the look on the eels fans hahahahah
Vs penrith in the 2004 qualifying final was unbelievable also.... it just had something in the air that night where all dogs supporters knew it was our time... walked side by side out of SFS chanting bring on the roosters with about 2000 bulldog fans, funny thing was roosters still had to play cowboys to get in the GF

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All in all good to see he’s in good health, Plus is it just me or is he looking slimmer?
I just hope he is well long time for himself and his family. He has been a teriffic player for us for a long time and the nonsense he copped on here by nuffties who don't acknowledge and have no idea he has been injured for a couple of years is typical of the environment which surrounds the club -sad.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He will be retired.
Stress tests are not too hard for someone like Beast but its the long term mental effect this has on your mind health.
I had to give competitive sport away for a heart related issue and i assure you once its in your head that your heart is ‘damaged or not 100%’, everything in your head and world changes.

My thoughts are the Beast will pack it in knowing that he still gets paid and doesnt have to play.
Your last sentence sounds like you are having a go at him.
I hope i am wrong.

As a side note imagine having 5 kids and if it is true he was being shopped around. If that is true that would b q enough to stress anyone out. As a journo said last week " family club....with a family like that who needs enemies....""

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sounds more like media want him to retire, rather than Beastwood himself.

Minor issue, and if its corrected there's no reason why he can't have a longer NRL career.

If Tate and Turner can play the game in neck braces anythings possible.
The club may want him to retire to assist with salary cap

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope i am wrong.

As a side note imagine having 5 kids and if it is true he was being shopped around. If that is true that would b q enough to stress anyone out. As a journo said last week " family club....with a family like that who needs enemies....""
Not too stressful because he still gets money and has the power to dig his heels in and see out his contract, he’s in full control

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sorry butcan we please pay some credit where it’s due ?

7 months or so ago, I told you all that it will play out like this. At the time people thiight I was trolling but I knew a stunt like this would be played out and my prediction is coming to a tee.

I also reiterated this a month ago.

Just like talk of Moses to fullback,holland signed for big money, us being interested in Paul Carter and the knights getting Pearce, everything that I have ever predicted is coming true!!!

It’s about time this Is acknowledged.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope i am wrong.

No not at all...i am a big fan of Beast and wish him all the best

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry butcan we please pay some credit where it’s due ?

7 months or so ago, I told you all that it will play out like this. At the time people thiight I was trolling but I knew a stunt like this would be played out and my prediction is coming to a tee.

I also reiterated this a month ago.

Just like talk of Moses to fullback,holland signed for big money, us being interested in Paul Carter and the knights getting Pearce, everything that I have ever predicted is coming true!!!

It’s about time this Is acknowledged.
Hopefully the Paul Carter part is completely wrong...

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice enough Bloke but, Greg Eastwood needs to move on whether it be because of medical reasons or he just has not and will not offer our NRL side what it requires from him moving forward.
If he has any feeling towards the club? then he should move on and free up some cash so we can obtain a young decent half back we desperately need.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No that’s my point. I see things in advance and don’t get the credit.

Regarding Carter, it was true until he turned himself into a coke dealer and blacklisted himself from the NRL.
That doesn’t change the fact that not only was I laughed at for saying it, the thread got deleted and a month later the dogs made a move to sign him.

We would have if the Coke charges didn’t occur.

As a player - Paul would have been perfect for what we needed at the time. A cheap utility with aggro that can play backrow and hooker

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
images-4.jpg
No that’s my point. I see things in advance and don’t get the credit.

Regarding Carter, it was true until he turned himself into a coke dealer and blacklisted himself from the NRL.
That doesn’t change the fact that not only was I laughed at for saying it, the thread got deleted and a month later the dogs made a move to sign him.

We would have if the Coke charges didn’t occur.

As a player - Paul would have been perfect for what we needed at the time. A cheap utility with aggro that can play backrow and hooker
Dont be one of those guys bruh. No one likes them guys

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The club may want him to retire to assist with salary cap
We have no real reason to do so now. We are cap compliant. Also Pay would have settled the shortlist for all positions for next year by now, and i dont know who we drop to accomodate anyone else new for next year. Unless its a like for like changeover. Meaning Eastwood is medically retired, and with his money we get another forward to replace him. Not sure who we can get this late in the peace though.

Eastwood has been a great player for us over time. But he was below his best last year and now shows up to have a dodgy ticker. As much as i would like to see him at his best under Pay, i would worry if he takes a big hit or 50. Would't it be dangerous? Also the rigour of playing alone would make his heart work overtime. None of it can be good if he has heart issues can it? Anyone else have the same condition and think they could play FG NRL with it?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no real reason to do so now. We are cap compliant. Also Pay would have settled the shortlist for all positions for next year by now, and i dont know who we drop to accomodate anyone else new for next year. Unless its a like for like changeover. Meaning Eastwood is medically retired, and with his money we get another forward to replace him. Not sure who we can get this late in the peace though.

Eastwood has been a great player for us over time. But he was below his best last year and now shows up to have a dodgy ticker. As much as i would like to see him at his best under Pay, i would worry if he takes a big hit or 50. Would't it be dangerous? Also the rigour of playing alone would make his heart work overtime. None of it can be good if he has heart issues can it? Anyone else have the same condition and think they could play FG NRL with it?
Good points.
I dont have the same issue but i did have a heart attack playing soccer 6 years ago and i can tell you it is not fun and becomes not only a physical challenge but a massive mental one and thats where i see the issues for Beast.
I could not imagine playing park footy with a diagnosed heart issue let alone first grade in 2018 and beyond, but these guys can be superhuman it seems.
I think its a matter of Beast thinking over Christmas and deciding if he is keen to play on knowing one good solid blow to his body could shock his heart and risk his life, its dramatic but true...when you dont know about it you dont have to worry but now he knows i think his head will play tricks with him until he decides, the he has to pass the fitness side which may be another big battle.
All the best Beastie, family comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.