The Consolidated Cricket Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy is just a freak and is without doubt the best test batsman going around.
It’s crazy when someone is in form how easy they can score runs. Guy it next level at the moment. Even Clarke had a purple patch for a while after he got the captaincy but he fell away at the end. This guy has been almost unstoppable for 4 years. I think his average is over 70 in that time.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s crazy when someone is in form how easy they can score runs. Guy it next level at the moment. Even Clarke had a purple patch for a while after he got the captaincy but he fell away at the end. This guy has been almost unstoppable for 4 years. I think his average is over 70 in that time.
Yeah i remember ponting going through a similar purple patch like clarke too, steve smith doesn't even look like slowing down yet. What is even better for smith, he has scored runs in all conditions.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing I will say is I was questioning the selectors this series but so far both marsh’s have stood up. Good on them for repaying the faith and hopefully for Mitch it’s the career kick starter he needed.

Almost every selection had been spot on. Paine is still a bit questionable but no other wicket keeper was kicking the door down. So good job selectors so far.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i remember ponting going through a similar purple patch like clarke too, steve smith doesn't even look like slowing down yet. What is even better for smith, he has scored runs in all conditions.
He seems to score so easily he almost gets bored when he gets out. Like he was playing in the park :p

Would be good to see a triple from him tonight :p

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He seems to score so easily he almost gets bored when he gets out. Like he was playing in the park :p

Would be good to see a triple from him tonight :p
I think smith has shut up shop for the day, he looks tired (understandably) but geez a 200 is not out the question for mitch the way he is hitting the ball, that's 150 for him now. Who the fuck would have picked that before the game haha

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith has also become only the 4th batsman to score 2 or more double centuries in the ashes, still 6 short of the don though lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith is just taking the piss now, he had a chair brought out during that last drinks break :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith is just taking the piss now, he had a chair brought out during that last drinks break :laughing::laughing::laughing:
That guy is seeing 130km cricket Balls like they’re 20km soccer balls.
When was the last time he played and missed ?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poms were pissing there pants the other day with plus 400 lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Safe to say we won that days play lol .. Also 4 batsman now have posted their highest ever test score on this pitch

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting that Geoff Marsh's highest test score is only 138. That' pretty low for an opener who played 50 tests.
To be honest I always thought he was pretty shit..an average of just 33 confirms this.. ps I remember watching him play a one dayer at the SCG..he was fielding deep in the outfield..he was walking towards the fence and a girl of no more than 7 asked for his autograph..he just shook his head putting up his hand indicating no.. I thought he’s not only a shit player..he’s a shit person too..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve Smith is inspirational, great win for Australia.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think smith has shut up shop for the day, he looks tired (understandably) but geez a 200 is not out the question for mitch the way he is hitting the ball, that's 150 for him now. Who the fuck would have picked that before the game haha
Yeh I didn’t realise that was the last session (still on the Adelaide timing :p). Bloke definitely got his days worth there. I couldn’t imagine the fatigue of batting a day. I get tired from working a day :tearsofjoy:

Hopefully he got a good nights rest so he can smash out a triple this morning.

Very impressed with mitchel though. I would have had him down for 40. Thought he would want to prove a point and he is in form so I was expecting some runs from him. Think he averaged 20 at the start of the innings so 150+ is insane. Got 8 times his average out there. Like I said hopefully it’s the kick start he needs because his seamers are useful to give the quicks a break. Especially on this flat pitch.

I was very critical of selectors so far but they seems to have got it bang on so far. Especially seeing as Warner and usman are the ones not making the runs we are used to them making.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez lucky we got those runs yesterday, those cracks are huge and the ball is going anywhere when it hits them

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Paine was lucky there, when it hits that crack it's unplayable