What happens to tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlemon

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what pay does with tolman this season. I for one am not his biggest fan, but reluctantly must admit he has been one of our most consistent players for a long time. Now that we have the Australia and presumably the blues front row, where does tolman fit into the puzzle??.

Normally you would assume a back row or bench spot, but I can't see him being able to play in the back row??, and doesn't provide the impact you would expect from the bench (I'm sure he would be on good money), I think he is wasted on the bench as well.

Thoughts?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Pay does something stupid with him and starts him at 9 for the first 20 minutes And mr cramps of the bench

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It is easy to declare blokes like tolman and Eastwood as being a negative in terms of our roster but they are and have been genuine FG players for years and still have plenty to offer. If both of them adjust to what Pay wants next season they will be 2 of the first blokes picked every week and so they should. One is a great ball runner the other a rock solid defender who plays with heart. Yes we would all want our roster to be full of star players but sometimes having good workhorses is just as important. We now have 3 forwards who are world class, a couple coming through and these two blokes with plenty of experience to keep things on an even keel. As I say, as long as they are on board with Pay then they will be a genuine asset to the team.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he has to play 13 and play the 80 mins. He needs to be told that his job is to ease the defensive load on lichaa and allow our other forwards to provide the impact we know they are capable of. Max 12-14 hitups per game and 35-45 tackles would be nice targets for him lol

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bench him or nsw cup. Our starting pack has to be the following.

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Danny.F

One of if not best pack in the game.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he has to play 13 and play the 80 mins. He needs to be told that his job is to ease the defensive load on lichaa and allow our other forwards to provide the impact we know they are capable of. Max 12-14 hitups per game and 35-45 tackles would be nice targets for him lol
12-14 hitups for Tolman is 12-14 hitups too many. Piss him off, his the worst attacker in the game. He can defend but thats it. And of the bench for 30 mins per game max. Too give Klemmer Woods Danny F a rest.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
12-14 hitups for Tolman is 12-14 hitups too many. Piss him off, his the worst attacker in the game. He can defend but thats it. And of the bench for 30 mins per game max. Too give Klemmer Woods Danny F a rest.
If we get an even share of possession it only works out to be one hit up every 2 sets

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah hello, he is a prop forward. Why does he need to be an attacking weapon? And why do you criticise him so heavily when the whole team performed poorly this year? Why is he not given a pass mark like the rest??
The whole team were under incredibly strict instructions from des, hence graham or tolman were always hitting it up on the 4th. It was by design, not choice.
Graham became a bit of a ball hog, but tolman was just doing what he was told. And for what its worth, he actually did that perfectly. So why the hate for a prop forward who can play 80 mins, make 40-50 tackles, often with no misses, and run for an average of about 150m??? I really dont get it. He doesnt need to be breaking every single tackle. He has never been this type of player.
Im actually expecting him to change his game quite a lot under pay. mark my words, every single forward in our team will improve under pay!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What, and have it included in our cap? Thats just plain rediculous.
I know your not a fan of his, but this suggestion is nonsense.
That's your opinion mate and your entitled to it.

But after last year's performances from our juniors in 1st grade I already have fualalo and tualau ahead of tolman. They were both more impressive than tolman.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Tolman , hes can play the workhorse role.. every team needs one

But Hasler rating Tolman as one of the best props in the game was just ludicrous

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make him captain of the NSW CUP side!!! Allow him to lead the young guys, and teach them the attitude required to make it through to first grade! Even though I’m not a fan of his, I definitely think he would make a great leader for the lower grade team!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah hello, he is a prop forward. Why does he need to be an attacking weapon? And why do you criticise him so heavily when the whole team performed poorly this year? Why is he not given a pass mark like the rest??
The whole team were under incredibly strict instructions from des, hence graham or tolman were always hitting it up on the 4th. It was by design, not choice.
Graham became a bit of a ball hog, but tolman was just doing what he was told. And for what its worth, he actually did that perfectly. So why the hate for a prop forward who can play 80 mins, make 40-50 tackles, often with no misses, and run for an average of about 150m??? I really dont get it. He doesnt need to be breaking every single tackle. He has never been this type of player.
Im actually expecting him to change his game quite a lot under pay. mark my words, every single forward in our team will improve under pay!!
HAHAHAHAH "RUN FOR AN AVERAGE OF ABOUT 150M" what a season? because he didn't do that in any one game he took part in for season 2017

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH "RUN FOR AN AVERAGE OF ABOUT 150M" what a season? because he didn't do that in any one game he took part in for season 2017
Ok, i exagerated a little. He averaged 118m. but considering how shit we were all year and how many games we won, thats not terrible. There were 5 games where he ran for over 150m, and a further 3 more at about 140. He also ran for 205m in one game.
So yeah, your the one talking shit mate. Not me.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's your opinion mate and your entitled to it.

But after last year's performances from our juniors in 1st grade I already have fualalo and tualau ahead of tolman. They were both more impressive than tolman.
Im not talking about whether you like him or not, im talking about your suggestion we let him go and pay for him to play for another club like Graham.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, i exagerated a little. He averaged 118m. but considering how shit we were all year and how many games we won, thats not terrible. There were 5 games where he ran for over 150m, and a further 3 more at about 140. He also ran for 205m in one game.
So yeah, your the one talking shit mate. Not me.
NO! it is you who would be talking shit as you stated, because you were the one who so confidently said "RUN FOR AN AVERAGE OF ABOUT 150M" so if you're going to quote a players stats at least make them true and not "exaggerated" to suit your argument.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not talking about whether you like him or not, im talking about your suggestion we let him go and pay for him to play for another club like Graham.
Woods
Klemmer
Fualalo
Tualau

Are all better than tolman

No room for tolman

Bye bye tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.