TOP 8 PREDICTIONS ANYONE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is how I expect the ladder to look like after round 26. I’m going off 2 months early :
ROOSTERS
COWBOYS
STORM
EELS
SHARKS
PENRITH
BRISBANE
MANLY
DRAGONS
BULLDOGS
SOUTHS
NEWCASTLE
TIGERS
CANBERRA
TITANS
WARRIORS

I’m tipping that 16 to 18 points will be the wooden spoon tally.

Anyone else with their top 8 ?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is how I expect the ladder to look like after round 26. I’m going off 2 months early :
ROOSTERS
COWBOYS
STORM
EELS
SHARKS
PENRITH
BRISBANE
MANLY
DRAGONS
BULLDOGS
SOUTHS
NEWCASTLE
TIGERS
CANBERRA
TITANS
WARRIORS

1. Roosters
2. Cowboys
3. Panthers
4. Sharks
5. Eels
6. Storm
7. Bulldogs
8. Dragons
9. Brisbane
10. Knights
11. Souths
12. Manly
13. Tigers
14. Canberra
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Storm
2. Roosters (will start well, lose Tedesco mid season for year again, and just cling onto 2nd spot).
3. Sharks
4. Cowboys
5. Eels (Hayne to be complaining and get Arthur sacked mid season).
6. Bulldogs
7. Broncos (will scrape through with end of season run).
8. Knights (too good a lineup not to make 8).
9. Dragons (start well then choke).
10. Panthers (will struggle to get traction)
11. Manly (will need their new halves to fire and fast).
12. Tigers (will struggle for consistency amongst the squad / Cleary may get sacked before end of season).
13. Canberra (team harmony will result in Ricky's job under threat and underwhelming performances).
14. Souths (will fail to click again).
15. Warriors (horribly inconsistent).
16. Titans (No Hayne, poor recruitment. Just give the Central Coast the license already).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People have Storm up very high but they have lost some cavalry, Cooper Cronk (Roosters), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Jordan McLean (Cowboys), Robbie Rochow (Wests Tigers), Jesse Arthars (Rabbitohs), Slade Griffin (Knights), Mark Nicholls (Rabbitohs). I don't think the Storm will finish high in the top 8 especially if you take the Origin series into consideration and the amount of personnel they will lose / rest.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People have Storm up very high but they have lost some cavalry, Cooper Cronk (Roosters), Tohu Harris (Warriors), Jordan McLean (Cowboys), Robbie Rochow (Wests Tigers), Jesse Arthars (Rabbitohs), Slade Griffin (Knights), Mark Nicholls (Rabbitohs). I don't think the Storm will finish high in the top 8 especially if you take the Origin series into consideration and the amount of personnel they will lose / rest.
Storm still have a very solid side, and one of the most lethal (certainly quickest) backlines in the NRL, and a very decent engine room up front still.

Only question is an emerging halves combination.

1. Slater (Hughes/Munster/Paphuyzen if injured or SOO)
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J Bromwich
9. Smith (Brandon Smith if injured/SOO)
10. K Bromwich
11. F Kaufusi
12. Hoffman
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Welch
16. Kasiano
17. Glasby

18. Simson
19. J Hughes
20. Jacks
21. Blair

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.BULLDOGS
2.BULLDOGS
3.BULLDOGS
4.BULLDOGS
5.BULLDOGS
6.BULLDOGS
7.BULLDOGS
8.BULLDOGS

We are bound to finish somewhere in the top 8 :smiley: Only question is where will we actually finish??? :tonguewink:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ROOSTERS
COWBOYS
STORM
EELS
SHARKS
PENRITH
BRISBANE
MANLY
DRAGONS
BULLDOGS
SOUTHS
NEWCASTLE
TIGERS
CANBERRA
TITANS
WARRIORS

Typical Roosters fan having the feather dusters finishing at 1!!! The Doggies are better than 10th position and the Knights are going to kick some serious ass in 2018, so they're better than 12th.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Typical Roosters fan having the feather dusters finishing at 1!!! The Doggies are better than 10th position and the Knights are going to kick some serious ass in 2018, so they're better than 12th.
Reckon chokes finally get caught cheating this year. Now they shat on Pearce few loyal might speak up! Chooks for spoon

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might come as a surprise but although I have them winning the minor premiership I don’t think they’ll be crowned premiers.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Chokers always raping the cap, go sign the best two players on the market and will still choke. They need some blue and white to carry them to a premiership like sbw. All those years and only that to show for it. Will be glorious when they choke again.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Cowboys (Have a really nice team)
2. Panthers (Maloney is a big game player)
3. Storm (Still have the best hooker and fullback in the game)
4. Roosters (Will start off slow but can see them winning there last 7 or 8 in a row to make the top 4)
5. Manly (Expect another big year for DCE and I think next season can be the season of Tommy Trbo)
6. Bulldogs (I really think we will go well next season but can see us starting off a little slow whilst our players adapt to the new play style.)
7. Dragons (Personally love their additions and think they could go far next season)
8. Broncos (Still have a good enough team to make the 8)
9. Knights (Will get close with Ponga taking out the rookie off the year award by a fair margin)
10. Sharks (Will feel the impact of losing Maloney and Bird)
11. Eels (I can see a falling out between certain players and the coach who will stand by Hayne after he does some stupid Hayne things)
12. Rabbitohs (Mediorce side and can see Crichton losing form due to the contract situation)
13. Titans (Ash Taylor will do his best but they won't be anything above average)
14. Canberra (They just lack something and idk what that is)
15. Tigers (LOL shit)
16. Warriors (LOL shit)

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
  1. Cows
  2. Eels
  3. Dogs
  4. Penrith
  5. Storm
  6. Chooks
  7. Knights
  8. Manly
I think we will hit the ground running next year and as long as we don't get too many injuries we will go well. Cows have added to their strike power as have the Eels and Penrith. Storm have gone backwards, chooks will have a lot of internal issues to work through and Knights and Manly are big improvers with some good young players continuing to improve. Dragons will look good for a while but fade like they always do. Sharks are going backwards as are Broncos. The rest - who cares.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
  1. Cows
  2. Eels
  3. Dogs
  4. Penrith
  5. Storm
  6. Chooks
  7. Knights
  8. Manly
I think we will hit the ground running next year and as long as we don't get too many injuries we will go well. Cows have added to their strike power as have the Eels and Penrith. Storm have gone backwards, chooks will have a lot of internal issues to work through and Knights and Manly are big improvers with some good young players continuing to improve. Dragons will look good for a while but fade like they always do. Sharks are going backwards as are Broncos. The rest - who cares.
Eels added? They lost their biggest in semi? Rest I tend to agree. Panthers for me are a genuine top 4 team.

Lebslam

New Pup
Reaction score
1. Roosters (anything other then a minor prem / top 2 finish will be considered a failure by even their own fans)
2. Cowboys (all heart + JT factor)
3. Parramatta (the key is Moses having a full pre season under his belt + finished 2017 strongly without Gutho)
4. Canterbury (new coach, new style of play + good signings)
5. Manly (too good of a team to not be playing finals)
6. Broncos (the nrl loves the broncos ...oh and they somehow acquired Jack bird to compliment their team of stars)
7. Rabbitohs (on the back of Gagai, Chrichton and Inglis having solid seasons)
8. Storm (premiership hangover and loss of Cronk sees them struggle to make the 8).
9. Knights (will go close to playing finals but ultimately they will need one full season before they click)
10. Penrith (Gus Goulds 5 year plan for becomes a 10 year plan).
11th - 15th (who cares)
Wooden spoon: Warriors
First coach sacked: Kidwell
Premiers: Rorters.
Minor prems: Rorters.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
COWBOYS
ROOSTERS
EELS
STORM
PANTHERS
BRONCOS
SHARKS
KNIGHTS
----
BULLDOGS
TIGERS
SEA EAGLES
DRAGONS
RABBITOHS
WARRIORS
RAIDERS
TITANS

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard to predict without watching at least one game.

I'm waiting for the trials

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels added? They lost their biggest in semi? Rest I tend to agree. Panthers for me are a genuine top 4 team.
Like it or not they have been playing a second rower in the centres and Hayne is one of the best centres in the game. they've added with Evans as well and now they have a spine of Gutho, Moses, Norman and prob Pritchard they have speed to burn. Throw in 2 world class centres a blistering winger with Takarangai and Evans added to the pack and they have plenty of size and mobility.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like it or not they have been playing a second rower in the centres and Hayne is one of the best centres in the game. they've added with Evans as well and now they have a spine of Gutho, Moses, Norman and prob Pritchard they have speed to burn. Throw in 2 world class centres a blistering winger with Takarangai and Evans added to the pack and they have plenty of size and mobility.
Lol what? Evans is shit. Hayne one of worlds best centres? For what? Qld??? Can’t agree mate. Spin it however you wish though semi out for Jayne is a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.