Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have watched this tread, rarely commenting, mainly acknowledging support through likes/funny/best/love emoji.
Today, as an Australian I am proud of our democratic process to implement changes to the marriage law that will cease discrimination. For the most part I have respected all opinions/observations commented here and appreciated the debate and hearing folks honest concerns.
However, what happened today recognizes me and my relationship as equal under the law of the land. And I cannot quite yet articulate how proud I am to be finally considered equal.
I genuinely thank each and every one of you who have dedicated your valuable time on an issue that will likely have little to no impact on your lives, but is massive for me and mine. Your involvement in this historic democratic process ensured it was a true representation of the populous opinion, given the high return of postal votes.
I voted from Singapore, as you would expect.

Comment #6761 in this tread is testament to the kennel community and our beliefs, values and ability to communicate.

I am thankful to you all.

Best,
~c.

caveat; I by no means endorse the ridiculous waste of funding spent on the plebiscite. Alas, its now final, over, complete!
Q.E.D.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Lov_Dog congrats. You wrote that with much pride and much humility. It's great to see you can finally get what you deserve and it's great to see that you provide much respect to both sides and that you're not a bad winner who attacks the other side just because they lost. With that said, now it's my turn........

Suck it Conservatives! Suck it long and hard... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have watched this tread, rarely commenting, mainly acknowledging support through likes/funny/best/love emoji.
Today, as an Australian I am proud of our democratic process to implement changes to the marriage law that will cease discrimination. For the most part I have respected all opinions/observations commented here and appreciated the debate and hearing folks honest concerns.
However, what happened today recognizes me and my relationship as equal under the law of the land. And I cannot quite yet articulate how proud I am to be finally considered equal.
I genuinely thank each and every one of you who have dedicated your valuable time on an issue that will likely have little to no impact on your lives, but is massive for me and mine. Your involvement in this historic democratic process ensured it was a true representation of the populous opinion, given the high return of postal votes.

Comment #6761 in this tread is testament to the kennel community and our beliefs, values and ability to communicate.

Best,
~c.

caveat; I by no means endorse the ridiculous waste of funding spent on the plebiscite. Alas, its now final, over, complete!
Q.E.D.
Well said @Lov_Dog.
I think even those against SSM won’t be able to read your post and not feel a sense of pride for our sister.
I guess the only questions left are, when’s the wedding ? And is the kennel invited ?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Best,
~c.

Q.E.D.
Tbh, I never thought about your sexuality/orientation... here was me just think you were liking my comments :grinning:

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Lov_Dog congrats. You wrote that with much pride and much humility. It's great to see you can finally get what you deserve and it's great to see that you provide much respect to both sides and that you're not a bad winner who attacks the other side just because they lost. With that said, now it's my turn........

Suck it Conservatives! Suck it long and hard... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!
Gracias, fine sir! Your accurate and unwavering support was duly noted throughout the thread as well as several other Kennelers who personally reached out privately to check in on me and extend their support.
We are very lucky to share such a rich and diverse group of people on this forum.
It's based purely on respect, even when we don't get along or agree.
~smile~

~c.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said @Lov_Dog.
I think even those against SSM won’t be able to read your post and not feel a sense of pride for our sister.
I guess the only questions left are, when’s the wedding ? And is the kennel invited ?
Means a lot, @Bad Billy ... appreciate your kind words.
For me, the emphasis of marriage equality is based solely in the meaning of equality. We are now recognized, whether we choose to marry, or not - the choice now exists. When I marry, the Kennel are more than welcome to join!

~c.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennel Wedding!

Me and Southy will cook. BBQ Smoked meat. What more could you want?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Best,
~c.

Q.E.D.
Wish you all the best ~c (almost accidentally used your name). Always an equal in my and many others eyes, Always.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Best,
~c.

Q.E.D.
to be honest I am a bit a shocked to find out about your sexual orientation... I thought you found me attractive that is why you always liked my posts, but now I also found out that you did the same to @CroydonDog ... so double shock! lol

you already know my point of view on this subject as in my eyes you are as human as I am hence you have equal rights to do what ever you want.... getting a piece of paper is not going to make any difference in my respect for you to be honest, but if that makes you happy then all the best.

love you lov dog.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Best,
~c.

Q.E.D.
Sis, you didn't need to wait till today for us to consider you as equal, you have always been equal, I'm my eyes and I'm sure all of us there.

I didn't vote because there was no guarantee about religious protections until it was to late.

But obviously my vote wouldn't of mattered anyways but again I put it on the incompetent arseholes "running" the joint.

So enjoy you equality and marry yourself a hottie ;)

And if she hurts You, I will make her a beautiful set of concrete boots and take her for a boat ride.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Lol years of the parliament’s time wasted, hundreds of millions of taxpayers money wasted, all so a tiny minority can ‘feel’ equal, despite already having ‘actual’ equality all along?

My biggest sadness is that it doesn’t end here. Gays and their ‘allies’ will not be letting this go, starting with the “free town hall marriages for gays only” and now apparently part of the NYE fireworks will be a ‘celebration of SSM’. More taxpayers $$$ spent publishing something that millions of Australians Cleary disagree with.

Just when you thought you could enjoy the one night a year without political messages and move on from the lefty media shoving SSM down your throats - there it will be, a dirty big rainbow on the harbour bridge.

I personally don’t think this was about equality, it was about bullying until you get what you want. Not looking forward to seeing what the next issue is that they start running with.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol years of the parliament’s time wasted, hundreds of millions of taxpayers money wasted, all so a tiny minority can ‘feel’ equal, despite already having ‘actual’ equality all along?

My biggest sadness is that it doesn’t end here. Gays and their ‘allies’ will not be letting this go, starting with the “free town hall marriages for gays only” and now apparently part of the NYE fireworks will be a ‘celebration of SSM’. More taxpayers $$$ spent publishing something that millions of Australians Cleary disagree with.

Just when you thought you could enjoy the one night a year without political messages and move on from the lefty media shoving SSM down your throats - there it will be, a dirty big rainbow on the harbour bridge.

I personally don’t think this was about equality, it was about bullying until you get what you want. Not looking forward to seeing what the next issue is that they start running with.
FFS go watch Frozen and let it go. It's win win, us religious folks are protected and LBGQTI... Get to be recognised.

But on a totally different matter, only thing I'm worried about is this love is love thing will be hijacked by evil ***** like pedos and animal fuckers.

The gay community will be linked to those ***** like religious people were linked to bigotry.

But let them have fun, I'm sure your life isn't effect by This, apart from the time and money wasted by the small balled, big mouthed government.

PS I'm not talking down at you at all, I'm not better than you or anyone. I'm just another **** with my own view on things.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
FFS go watch Frozen and let it go. It's win win, us religious folks are protected and LBGQTI... Get to be recognised.

But on a totally different matter, only thing I'm worried about is this love is love thing will be hijacked by evil ***** like pedos and animal fuckers.

The gay community will be linked to those ***** like religious people were linked to bigotry.

But let them have fun, I'm sure your life isn't effect by This, apart from the time and money wasted by the small balled, big mouthed government.

PS I'm not talking down at you at all, I'm not better than you or anyone. I'm just another **** with my own view on things.
I can honestly say I’m happy for any gay people who take happiness from this. I have no issues with that at all.

But don’t you think this was such a huge waste of everyone’s time? Wouldn’t it be great if our politicians were bullied into agreeing on matters and policy that actually affect the majority of Australians, like economic policy, industrial relations, tax etc?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can honestly say I’m happy for any gay people who take happiness from this. I have no issues with that at all.

But don’t you think this was such a huge waste of everyone’s time? Wouldn’t it be great if our politicians were bullied into agreeing on matters and policy that actually affect the majority of Australians, like economic policy, industrial relations, tax etc?
You're preaching to the choir brother, I said that from the start, hence not voting. Even the sensible yes voters were saying what we were.

That's why my beef was the incompetent coward government. They turned the sheep against the other now that piece of shit turdbull broke out his tweezers and had a wank over something he was too fucking scared to do.

And you wonder why every ballot I have attended I vote for Saddam Hussien or "if you read this, i just had a threesome with your wife and sister" lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir brother, I said that from the start, hence not voting. Even the sensible yes voters were saying what we were.

That's why my beef was the incompetent coward government. They turned the sheep against the other now that piece of shit turdbull broke out his tweezers and had a wank over something he was too fucking scared to do.

And you wonder why every ballot I have attended I vote for Saddam Hussien or "if you read this, i just had a threesome with your wife and sister" lol
Lol, true.

Although personally, I find it ironic and a little amusing that the gays should be thanking a liberal government (which they’ll never do), for creating an avenue for gay marriage to be passed.

While the supposedly progressive labor government are on record as saying marriage is between a man and woman (which I have to point out I do agree with).

My biggest gripe (and this won’t be news to anyone) is that politicians are so ineffective at achieving anything that significantly benefits the country.

Any policy that could be positive is shouted down or debated endlessly until it never sees the light of day. While this ‘feel good’ SSM thing gets ‘rushed through’ parliament so all the politicians can get their photos taken with rainbow scarves or rainbow socks, just so they don’t piss off 0.5% of the population + their media buddies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Right. That's done. Next step is to ban heterosexual marriage. Yes. My plan is coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.