CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Three new stats added in exciting change to NRL SuperCoach scoring
SuperCoaches were last month given the chance to have their say on scoring changes for 2018— and the results are in.

The following three stats will be added to SuperCoach scoring for 2018:

*Intercept Taken (+5 points):Only given if a player takes the ball cleanly and his team ends up with possession. A player will not be awarded an intercept if it results in a six-again for the other team.

*Hold attacking player up in goal (+3 points):Awarded to a defensive player who holds the attacking player up in goal. Any player who has done enough to warrant a tackle stat would also be given a held up stat.

*Kick that goes dead (-3 points):Any kick that goes dead/touch in goal without being touched by another player. The erroneous kick must lead to a 20m tap and seven-tackle set for the opposing side.

Stay tuned this week for more massive SuperCoach news, culminating in the launch of the 2018 Team Picker:

TUESDAY DEC 5:

The NRL has announced the biggest overhaul of its draw in recent memory, including a standalone Origin and slashing of bye rounds from six to two.As such, we’ve overhauled SuperCoach trading rules for 2018. Check in on Tuesday as we reveal the new trading system, which will cause a total re-think of SuperCoach strategy.

WEDNESDAY DEC 6:

Get a sneak peek at SuperCoach prices and positions for 2018:

• NRL SuperCoach Editor Tom Sangster reveals the 10 biggest winners and losers of the 2018 prices/positions;

• We also unveil the 10 must-have players in each position.

THURSDAY DEC 7:

• Get SuperCoaching a full three months out from the season start with our 2018 Team Picker, launching Thursday. Start picking your team for next season, with every price and position available (only available to SuperCoach Gold and Masthead-Plus subscribers from 2017);

• To celebrate the launch of the Team Picker, we also unveil the first edition of the Cheapie Bible for 2018. As all SuperCoaches know, if you miss the best cheapies, your season is over.

https://amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/f5571f7f390cf821671cae95c8f35890

These changes look pretty pointless to me. -3 for kicking it dead yet it's only a -2 for a penalty conceded? Also points for holding up a player in goal? Would of rathered points for a try saving tackle instead tbh.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah those additions will have minaml effect.
It might hurt some of the worse halves with the kicking it dead rule.

I think tomorrow s announcement will be the biggest. New trading rules.
Less trades I think. Due to less bye rounds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah those additions will have minaml effect.
It might hurt some of the worse halves with the kicking it dead rule.

I think tomorrow s announcement will be the biggest. New trading rules.
Less trades I think. Due to less bye rounds.
Less trades? Well i'm fucked lol.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting that first team is the key.
It’s part luck for sure.
If you can nab keepers who are scoring well early. Boom!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Getting that first team is the key.
It’s part luck for sure.
If you can nab keepers who are scoring well early. Boom!!
Yh that's were i fucked up this season, had to burn through trades to get the duds out. Only early but there looks to be some good options for next season.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh that's were i fucked up this season, had to burn through trades to get the duds out. Only early but there looks to be some good options for next season.
So who you thinking this year:

Pearce: no

Tedesco: yeah prob

Cleary : no

Moylan : yes

Milf: no

Woods: maybe

Ponga: maybe

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So who you thinking this year:

Pearce: no

Tedesco: yeah prob

Cleary : no

Moylan : yes

Milf: no

Woods: maybe

Ponga: maybe
Guerra if he plays 80 on the right edge. Knights might look to his and Pearce's combo early on so he should get some point scoring opportunities. His stats when he played 80 last season were also pretty decent. Hopefully he's low 300s at the start.

Hayne is also worth the punt, his price will be to good for his potential upside just like this season. He did look a lot better for Fiji in the WC so he might fire again at Parra.

Gagai might be the gun outside back for next season though i'll wait to see how Souths go during pre season. If Souths look to be top 8 contenders then i expect Gagai to improve on his average with far better try scoring opportunities.

Heaps of other players but i really can't think of them all without going through the team lists. Hopefully we have a few gems this season from the Dogs.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
37 trades next year.
Big deal. With less byes that should be easy

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only 2 bye rounds of 8 teams each bye round. Will be much easier. Also only 25 rounds not 26 as each team only gets 1 bye. Also we get 1 round where we can make 5 trades.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man I was proud of my GF win, only won’t by 6 points but bloody burgess and Gus never played for Souths the last round, can’t believe I still won, captaining teddy was a master stroke haha.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team picker is open.
Prices are crazy high. Even with increase in salary cap

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
made a decent looking team minus foran who im not going to start with but have him in at the moment just trying to get the positive vibes out for the season lol

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ctw is a lottery.
Always struggle in that area.

Didn’t Cromer struggle last year in sc??

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
struggled last year but hes been the best or top 3-5 for the last 5 years if i remember correct

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
struggled last year but hes been the best or top 3-5 for the last 5 years if i remember correct
Yeah Croker has been sc royalty but I feel like he lost something last year.

It’s hard finding value players now with new prices.

Jack bird has a unique dual position now at broncos.
Will he be fit to start season?

Lebslam

New Pup
Reaction score
I know the cap has changed so it's all relative, but seeing Tim Lafai priced at $575,400 made me throw up in my mouth a little.....

Status
Not open for further replies.