Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Peru just played NZ which I watched and they recently drew with Argentina, they're way better then Australia.
We will see come World Cup time. Also from their pot Peru were one of the worst teams. Our draw could've been way harder. Your argument was we got a hard draw which compared to other teams we could've got is just not true.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will see come World Cup time. Also from their pot Peru were one of the worst teams. Our draw could've been way harder. Your argument was we got a hard draw which compared to other teams we could've got is just not true.
I didn't say we had a tough draw compared to other teams I just said it will be incredibly tough because Australia aren't that great of a side. I hope we can do what we did in the 2006 WC and cause some upsets, we usually punch above our weight at the world cup so its definitely possible.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn't say we had a tough draw compared to other teams I just said it will be incredibly tough because Australia aren't that great of a side. I hope we can do what we did in the 2006 WC and cause some upsets, we usually punch above our weight at the world cup so its definitely possible.
I don't think we caused any upsets in 2006. On paper we were better than Japan and that Croatia team wasn't really that good.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Any group is a group of death when this Socerros team is part of it. All the other teams will die of boredom. :p

I hope they surprise me.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any group is a group of death when this Socerros team is part of it. All the other teams will die of boredom. :p

I hope they surprise me.
It's time to get real we barely scraped past Syria, couldn't finish above Saudi Arabia in qualification and couldn't score a goal from open play against Honduras. This team is shocking we are relying on pensioner Tim Cahill who is still miles ahead of any striker we have. Juric can't hit a barn door. Even against teams like Thailand where we had a significant height advantage our set pieces were Sunday League standard.

You are right. Any draw is a group of death scenario for this team.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's time to get real we barely scraped past Syria, couldn't finish above Saudi Arabia in qualification and couldn't score a goal from open play against Honduras. This team is shocking we are relying on pensioner Tim Cahill who is still miles ahead of any striker we have. Juric can't hit a barn door. Even against teams like Thailand where we had a significant height advantage our set pieces were Sunday League standard.

You are right. Any draw is a group of death scenario for this team.
Laughing with you, not at you. I agree completely. I’m actually more excited about watching games that don’t involve us.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's look on the bright side lads, the money u get qualifying for the World Cup is great, but the money FIFA pump in to the 32 country's that make it is fantastic for our country and junior soccer!!!! Just making it to where we have is supberb! The problem after 06 is we think it's our right to be there! Ask Italy and the Dutch! No ones garunteed!
No we probably won't win a game, but holy shit if we do or snag a few draws we've well and truly exceeded expectation!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just for the tournament alone, corrupt FIFA will be distributing amongst the participants over $500 million in prize money. This winner will obviously receive the most. There’s also tv revenue and advertising money which will nfalte the final figures. . All participating nations will do very well financially from the World Cup.
FFA and Gallop are going to fill the coffers with serious cash.
The problem is though, for all the world cups we’ve made since 2006 and all the revenue the FFA has generated we have NOT seen an improvement in our junior development. A good example is the current crop of Socceroos who aren’t stand out players.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just for the tournament alone, corrupt FIFA will be distributing amongst the participants over $500 million in prize money. This winner will obviously receive the most. There’s also tv revenue and advertising money which will nfalte the final figures. . All participating nations will do very well financially from the World Cup.
FFA and Gallop are going to fill the coffers with serious cash.
The problem is though, for all the world cups we’ve made since 2006 and all the revenue the FFA has generated we have NOT seen an improvement in our junior development. A good example is the current crop of Socceroos who aren’t stand out players.
Yup very dissapointing, I really thought I would of taking off after 06!
But still there scratching away

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not 1 current player would start for the 2006 team.
and the non starting team would beat this team, we had a premier league player not get any game time, another not even get selected and a la liga 10 goal scorer not get a start

these days a player who just plays in a top league is celebrated

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last 4 will be Brazil, France, Germany, Croatia

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I loved having and following the group of death! There's no group of death in this world cup :(:(:(
group A is the group of death btw, whichever team doesnt get out of the group will be killed if they return to their country

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow as usual we get 2 European teams PLUS a South American team just for good measure.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My top 2 picks from each group

A: Uruguay, Russia
B: Spain, Portugal
C: France, Peru
D: Argentina, Croatia
E: Brazil, Costa Rica
F: Germany, Mexico
G: Belgium, England
H: Columbia, Poland

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Russia
U-R-gay

France
Peru

Brazil
Switzerland

England
Belgium

Spain
Portugal

Argentina
Croatia

Germany
Mexico

Japan
Columbia

Germany back to back Champions with a cake walk, probably won't drop a game let alone 1 point. Which is awesome as they are my direct descendants lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My top 2 picks from each group

A: Uruguay, Russia
B: Spain, Portugal
C: France, Peru
D: Argentina, Croatia
E: Brazil, Costa Rica