Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reserve your judgment after 6-10 rounds, we have enough forwards to compete with any team in the comp! Pay will have us playing a different brand of football, we are going to be a complete different team from when Hasler left! Get excited it’s a good time for the fans, hopefully the bulldogs brand of football will be around for a long time to come!
All pay has to do is play the 84 85 gf and 04 to inspire the forwards

Saw the 85 gf yesterday on fox- I had an orgasim.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a post!! Full of unsubstantiated 'facts'

First of all 5 years is more than enough to observe and make conclusions about anything.
There is a saturation point to everything, just because you've followed the team for almost 30 years doesn't mean you can assess things better.. It's like adding 30 teaspoons of sugar to a cup of tea which has saturated at 14 teaspoons.. It's not going to get any sweeter.

I didn't state that up n coming players can't be passionate I stated that up n coming players can't be passionate and mature.
That's the X Factor in winning a competition.
Thats a terrible analogy. Doesnt even make sense.
I never claimed these things to be fact, but its pretty common knowledge. To someone who knows the game and has been following ling enough anyway. And how exactly do you figure that someone who has followed the game, or in another context, been doing something far longer then someone else, not have more knowledge or understanding?? Does an apprentic go to work and start teaching his boss how to do their job? Fuck no.
In any case, you have never actually seen the bulldogs win a comp, (and yes its different to watching another team win because you follow more closely) so how are you an expert on what it takes to win?
Please try to get over Ennis. He needs you to let go.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a post!! Full of unsubstantiated 'facts'

First of all 5 years is more than enough to observe and make conclusions about anything.
There is a saturation point to everything, just because you've followed the team for almost 30 years doesn't mean you can assess things better.. It's like adding 30 teaspoons of sugar to a cup of tea which has saturated at 14 teaspoons.. It's not going to get any sweeter.

I didn't state that up n coming players can't be passionate I stated that up n coming players can't be passionate and mature.
That's the X Factor in winning a competition.
No its not scoring more points than your opponent is

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All pay has to do is play the 84 85 gf and 04 to inspire the forwards

Saw the 85 gf yesterday on fox- I had an orgasim.
I've got those on DVD... That's how rugby league should be played! Unfortunately with today's rules you'll end up with only the backs and maybe the halves on the field.... Could be more entertaining, lol...

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers
Yeah Kas had so much passion that he couldn’t give up the darts or keep the weight off. Passion is about more than arguing with refs.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Kas had so much passion that he couldn’t give up the darts or keep the weight off. Passion is about more than arguing with refs.
I never saw him having a dart whlie he was playing FFS that's discipline

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your such a drama queen!! I cant believe you are so doom and gloom. I know you havnt been a dogs fan for very long, but give ot another 20 odd years and you will come to realise that we are never down for long. We will bounce back strongly next year, mark my words.
Kasiano had no passion whatsoever this year!! I cant believe you putting his name in that sentence. He was soul less.
We have so many good forwards coming through the ranks, so we will be more then fine.
And for gods sake, can you please stop moaning about Ennis. He left years ago!!
Perhaps if by some rediculous amount of bad luck we have a terrible year, perhaps you can go and support another team instead of insisting how terrible and soul less our team is!!
I agree with most of that. We have lost two of our most passionate players in Graham and Reynolds. Although Graham has put a lid on his fiery nature for a couple of seasonsin order to avoid upsetting the oversensitive referees. Kasiano only showed very rare glimpses that he wanted to be out there and as a whole the team never looked fired up last year, or at least not very often. And it's no use crying over players who have moved on regardless of how good they were for us. I've seen plenty of new players step into the NRL and repay the faith of their coach by giving it their all. Sometimes that youthful exuberance can also help to inspire the established players on to greater efforts.

Back on topic, we rarely have struggled to have reasonable forwards, and good ones coming through the grades. We have a coach who used to be a Bulldogs forward now too. I don't think it will be an issue. Plenty of depth
We've let some good young forwards go in the last few years because our established pack and a coach that seemed reluctant to blood youth when players lost some form dictated that incumbents were going to be in the side until they were physically incapable of taking the field. So it will be interesting to see who among our young forwards can get a look in this year. It's an exciting time to be a Bulldogs fan because we might get to see some prospects earn their stripes.

I'm a drama queen?? No I'm assessing the situation objectively and practically.. You my friend, are a dreamer.

These new blokes coming through the ranks have either
1) less experience or
2)less affiliation with the club so less passion

Youve underestimated how important it is for a team at this level to have players who'll go above n beyond being skilled or fast or strong

This level of football requires maturity with passion that you don't get from new upcoming players (no matter how fast or strong they are)
I'm sad to see some of our established players depart too. But I agree with Flambouyant about it not being all doom and gloom. Sometimes what you lose in experience can be more than made up for with youthful enthusiasm and a desire for youngsters to climb up the pecking order through performing strongly. I am old enough now to remember seeing the team go through a few rebuilds. As far as things stand this year. I'd say that we've got a good mix of highly experienced forwards, players who have been knocking on the door of being established squad members through having filled in at various stages and promising youngsters who will bust their asses to be the players that fill in the gaps created by the departures of incumbents.

It's not a terrible situation to be in. Over the next couple of years we'll see some quality emerge at the club in various positions if Pay is a worthy coach.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha you’re a fool. We will have one of the best and most aggressive packs in the comp next year. Our pack will include JJ and the best front row in the game.
If we go out and play a different style of forward play from the stodgy stuff we've seen over the past few years, we may find that out current crop of forwards will lift their intensity and serve us well. Let's see how 2018 pans out.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer
Lichaa
Woods
Jackson
RFM
Tolman

Martin
Fualolo
Elliot

Good starting lineup though not much depth

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers
Lmao light on players with passion hahaha what a load of shit..

Status
Not open for further replies.