Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What’s so shit about them
Everything. I HATE the SHIT company Kia. Blue logo or not, they are still a SHIT company and I don't want them associated with MY CLUB. And now we got that fucking gambling shit ladbrokes or whatever the fuck it's called. Absolutely crooked.

This is hideous.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everything. I HATE the SHIT company Kia. Blue logo or not, they are still a SHIT company and I don't want them associated with MY CLUB. And now we got that fucking gambling shit ladbrokes or whatever the fuck it's called. Absolutely crooked.

This is hideous.

What’s wrong with KIA? It’s just a car manufacturer. And that isn’t even our home jersey that’s some random one

Last edited by a moderator:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What’s wrong with KIA? It’s just a card manufacturer. And that isn’t even our home jersey that’s some random one
I hate any car that comes out of South Korea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on Toomaga? I think Des set his Nrl debut back a year or two lol. Imo he was a good up and coming SR. I saw him play live for the Jr Kiwis and he was a beast. Des turned him into a Prop smh.
Yh he looked really good in the lower grades running on the edge but for whatever reason Des decided to shift him to the middle and try to turn him into his typical prop/lock plodder lol.

Could probably play off the bench and play through the middle and edge, will need to get his conditioning sorted though and get him playing to his strengths.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Forwards were never our drama and never will be, tell the last time we were light on in the forwards? Not in my lifetime
If we breed to many of something it's good forwards
08 with morrin,warbuton etc. That had to be the worst set of forwards I can remember

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Real answer is no-one knows. You cannot compare a Hasler team to what Pay will do and therefor even what the players have done. There are some given's though. Jackson is our cornerstone and our best player. Klemm and Woods will do their job. Yes even Tolman will make 50 tackles per game. There are too many unknowns or atleast there better be. Pay should have 80% of the team playing differently than the last hack of a coach and for that I am excited! I believe we will see players reaching new heights next year!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Real answer is no-one knows. You cannot compare a Hasler team to what Pay will do and therefor even what the players have done. There are some given's though. Jackson is our cornerstone and our best player. Klemm and Woods will do their job. Yes even Tolman will make 50 tackles per game. There are too many unknowns or atleast there better be. Pay should have 80% of the team playing differently than the last hack of a coach and for that I am excited! I believe we will see players reaching new heights next year!
Exactly. All this nonsense about us not being quick or skilful is based on a structure that revolved around multiple power forwards. We have speed to burn if we use our players right and they buy into the changes. We will get a sniff during the trials but it won't be until we get into the season that we see whatever it is works or not. I mean the fastest bloke in the world is 31 so I am sure there are still a few miles in our backs yet particularly as they have had the past couple of seasons off.....

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the forwards at all. I'm more concerned with an untested spine !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hate any car that comes out of South Korea.
Are you North Korean? lol.

I have an XR6 so thats my style of car. KIAs dont look too bad these days though. Same with Hyundai. They look much better now than they used to. Still the only reason i wouldnt buy Korean cars is they arent my style. The Southies are the good guys lol. The north have always been the bullies.

It is unfortuneate though, that their logo doesnt exactly blend into the jersey well. But other teams will have the same issue. They give the club money. With Dibs multi million dollar law suits, we need the money lol. I'd prefer a blue or black version of the kia logo on the jerseys.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers
Your such a drama queen!! I cant believe you are so doom and gloom. I know you havnt been a dogs fan for very long, but give ot another 20 odd years and you will come to realise that we are never down for long. We will bounce back strongly next year, mark my words.
Kasiano had no passion whatsoever this year!! I cant believe you putting his name in that sentence. He was soul less.
We have so many good forwards coming through the ranks, so we will be more then fine.
And for gods sake, can you please stop moaning about Ennis. He left years ago!!
Perhaps if by some rediculous amount of bad luck we have a terrible year, perhaps you can go and support another team instead of insisting how terrible and soul less our team is!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Back on topic, we rarely have struggled to have reasonable forwards, and good ones coming through the grades. We have a coach who used to be a Bulldogs forward now too. I don't think it will be an issue. Plenty of depth

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your such a drama queen!! I cant believe you are so doom and gloom. I know you havnt been a dogs fan for very long, but give ot another 20 odd years and you will come to realise that we are never down for long. We will bounce back strongly next year, mark my words.
Kasiano had no passion whatsoever this year!! I cant believe you putting his name in that sentence. He was soul less.
We have so many good forwards coming through the ranks, so we will be more then fine.
And for gods sake, can you please stop moaning about Ennis. He left years ago!!
Perhaps if by some rediculous amount of bad luck we have a terrible year, perhaps you can go and support another team instead of insisting how terrible and soul less our team is!!
I'm a drama queen?? No I'm assessing the situation objectively and practically.. You my friend, are a dreamer.

These new blokes coming through the ranks have either
1) less experience or
2)less affiliation with the club so less passion

Youve underestimated how important it is for a team at this level to have players who'll go above n beyond being skilled or fast or strong

This level of football requires maturity with passion that you don't get from new upcoming players (no matter how fast or strong they are)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a drama queen?? No I'm assessing the situation objectively and practically.. You my friend, are a dreamer.

These new blokes coming through the ranks have either
1) less experience or
2)less affiliation with the club so less passion

Youve underestimated how important it is for a team at this level to have players who'll go above n beyond being skilled or fast or strong

This level of football requires maturity with passion that you don't get from new upcoming players (no matter how fast or strong they are)
I dont mean to sound arrogant, but you have been following this club for all of 5 mins, but you act as though you know so much more and understand the game of rugby league so much better then me.
Passion is great, but it t doesnt necessarily win you games. Yeah it contributes, but it can also ruin a player or teams preparation if their emotions take control.
In any case, who are you to say that the up and coming players dont have as much passion as past players?? How on earth are you able to quantify this???
And on the contrary, an up and coming player who is doing everything they can to make a name for themselves can blow the game apart with their skill, athletecism and passion. Look at any rookie of the year from any year and you will see this.
Every year the older players get older, slower, and more injury prone, and the younger players become more skillful, stronger, faster and more athletic. So why are you convinced that our younger brigade are not up to the task, and incapable of filling the void? As far as i am concerned, we are etter in every department moving into next year, and i have been a fan of rugby league and this club for almost 30 years.
And by the way, theres no such word as youve!!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont mean to sound arrogant, but you have been following this club for all of 5 mins, but you act as though you know so much more and understand the game of rugby league so much better then me.
Passion is great, but it t doesnt necessarily win you games. Yeah it contributes, but it can also ruin a player or teams preparation if their emotions take control.
In any case, who are you to say that the up and coming players dont have as much passion as past players?? How on earth are you able to quantify this???
And on the contrary, an up and coming player who is doing everything they can to make a name for themselves can blow the game apart with their skill, athletecism and passion. Look at any rookie of the year from any year and you will see this.
Every year the older players get older, slower, and more injury prone, and the younger players become more skillful, stronger, faster and more athletic. So why are you convinced that our younger brigade are not up to the task, and incapable of filling the void? As far as i am concerned, we are etter in every department moving into next year, and i have been a fan of rugby league and this club for almost 30 years.
Let me direct you to your brilliant literary piece where you've used the word doesnt!!!!
(2nd paragraph, 1st sentence)..

If 'youve' is not a word then neither is 'doesnt'

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a post!! Full of unsubstantiated 'facts'

First of all 5 years is more than enough to observe and make conclusions about anything.
There is a saturation point to everything, just because you've followed the team for almost 30 years doesn't mean you can assess things better.. It's like adding 30 teaspoons of sugar to a cup of tea which has saturated at 14 teaspoons.. It's not going to get any sweeter.

I didn't state that up n coming players can't be passionate I stated that up n coming players can't be passionate and mature.
That's the X Factor in winning a competition.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can we all agree that we have some
Very good origin and international blokes in their prime years (Klemmer, Woods, Jackson) and some great prospects like tualau, fuafalo, rfm etc then some solid experienced players like tolman and even Eastwood. Would I prefer the last two gone.... yes. Though hopefully we use Eastwood’s mega bucks next year on Crichton. Anyway we lost kasiano, Graham as noteable players. We got an upgrade in woods over graham (based on these days not 2012 Graham) and kasiano was woeful this year and I’d rather see tualau get a run over 2017 kasiano. In saying that 2012 kasiano would be devastating to lose. Though it’s now 2018 and we haven’t seen that since!

Ideally 2018 rotation will Be Klemmer Woods tolman and tualau for props. 2019 we can hopefully offload tolman for someone more impact.

2019 free of eastwood go hard at Crichton.

Woods, Klemmer Jackson, Crichton, fuafalo sounds good to me!

Also 2019 sees Morris boys gone and that can be spent either on some gun backs, star fullback or defending who does what someone who can really be a outstanding partner for Foran. It is a good time to look forward to 2018 to see who can step up, who can be locked away and who we go shopping for.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our forwards were good enough this year even. We made metres often but couldnt get over the line. How many times did we roll into their 20 on runs from the forwards and it amounted to nothing. And we have gained woods and lost graham. I think that's an upgrade considering woods age.

Our main problem in 2017 was desball.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
You’re missing the opportunity that we finally have a coach and support coaches that develop players and passion and pride! Have faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.