Do we have enough forwards to compete ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Genuine question.
We have lost a lot of our forward stars last three years, and some aren’t who they used to be. Eastwood, looking at you there.

My question is, are we setting ourselves up to be poleaxed in the forwards ?

Klemmer and woods will be good up front. Elliott and Jackson will do a job, and Tolman will make a bunch of tackles.

Our bench is paper thin. Sometimes RFM is ok, but he is overhyped. Regardless, pretend that two of the above are injured during the season. A highly likely scenario. Who do we have? No names.

If we lose three of our top 6. I think teams are going to carve us up the middle like a hot knife in butter.

We have eroded our depth and safety net.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tualau and Fualolo are more than capable replacements and i tip big and better things under Pay

Elliott is fuckin shit and is a backup at Best

RFM will step up another gear

Rhys Martin should be starting and our goalkicker as well.

More than enough depth

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forwards were never our drama and never will be, tell the last time we were light on in the forwards? Not in my lifetime
If we breed to many of something it's good forwards

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are getting over excited about RFM.... those who watch the team train know he is very complacent. Him and Brenko Lee are joined at the hip.

Complacency in first grade will result in letting your team down

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers

Malla

Reaction score
Looking at Fualolo and Tualau to step up another gear next season. Fualolo proved in that game against Sharks last year at Southern Cross that he is capable and can get it done. But overall, I like it. Good mix of young and old.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Here's our listed forwards currently available for next season, we look pretty okay though you could argue we're missing another experienced backrower if you really wanted.

Klemmer, Woods, Jackson, Tolman, Fualalo, Tualau, Eastwood, Elliott, Martin, RFM, Fine, Ogden, Priest, Miller, Strickland, Nelson, Okunbor, Radouva, Saddler, To'omaga, Torpy.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reserve your judgment after 6-10 rounds, we have enough forwards to compete with any team in the comp! Pay will have us playing a different brand of football, we are going to be a complete different team from when Hasler left! Get excited it’s a good time for the fans, hopefully the bulldogs brand of football will be around for a long time to come!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at Fualolo and Tualau to step up another gear next season. Fualolo proved in that game against Sharks last year at Southern Cross that he is capable and can get it done. But overall, I like it. Good mix of young and old.
Yeah Fualalo was good. In the games at the end of the season the best we looked was when we had Klemm, Danny and Francis on the field. Sure they will need more time to develop but I like middle forwards.

I agree with Gotenks we a short another. Good back rower. Hopefully that Strickland kid can come good in the next few years. The games I saw him play he had awesome footwork at the line.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here's our listed forwards currently available for next season, we look pretty okay though you could argue we're missing another experienced backrower if you really wanted.

Klemmer, Woods, Jackson, Tolman, Fualalo, Tualau, Eastwood, Elliott, Martin, RFM, Fine, Ogden, Priest, Miller, Strickland, Nelson, Okunbor, Radouva, Saddler, To'omaga, Torpy.
What's your thoughts on Toomaga? I think Des set his Nrl debut back a year or two lol. Imo he was a good up and coming SR. I saw him play live for the Jr Kiwis and he was a beast. Des turned him into a Prop smh.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Light on forwards and light on players who have passion .. No Graham, Reynolds or Kasiano, let alone Ennis.

We'll be an androgynous soul- less, invisible football team ,just in the Comp to make up the numbers
Wolfie and Micheal sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G :blush:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Kasiano only had passion for KFC. Doesn’t belong in the same sentence as the other three imo.

As for your prediction, I strongly doubt it.

We are top 4 bound imo. It’s a shame Reynolds and graham tony be here for the ride.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are lacking a tall, mobile and skillful forward like Ethan Lowe or Matt Gillett or Gavin Cooper. The Storm have had this type of player for a long time - Hoffman and Proctor (at Titans). I think Hoffman has re-joined with the Storm.

There are definitely 5 players there who can get us quick play the balls. Pay will look to get us on the front foot with Lichaa and the speed we have in our backline.

Woods brings a lot of attritributes we lacked under the Desdemort. The late offload and ability to stand in the tackle and not get dominated.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor really stood out in one of the games I watched last year, not sure if he's ready but definitely looks talented..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are lacking a tall, mobile and skillful forward like Ethan Lowe or Matt Gillett or Gavin Cooper. The Storm have had this type of player for a long time - Hoffman and Proctor (at Titans). I think Hoffman has re-joined with the Storm.

There are definitely 5 players there who can get us quick play the balls. Pay will look to get us on the front foot with Lichaa and the speed we have in our backline.

Woods brings a lot of attritributes we lacked under the Desdemort. The late offload and ability to stand in the tackle and not get dominated.
Definitely need our forwards to perform to get the most out of Licha.. I still dont believe he can distribute wide enough, fast enough. Seemed that he learned how to count numbers in the last 3 rounds though

Status
Not open for further replies.