Joanne Farr appointed new director of the Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joanne Farr Appointed New Director of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib is delighted to announce Joanne Farr as the newest member of the Board, replacing Andrew Farrar who has stepped down from his official Director duties after being appointed the General Manager of Football.

Farr becomes the second female Director appointed to the Canterbury-Bankstown board, following the announcement of Anne Sinclair early this year.

Born and raised in Belmore, Ms Farr has spent her entire life only moments away from Canterbury’s iconic ground and has a wealth of experience within the rugby league community that includes 40 years of service with New South Wales Rugby League and almost 30 years of involvement with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Ms Farr’s journey in rugby league began in 1977 when she worked on reception at New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) before moving into the administration team in 1978 and has continued to work for the organisation for the past 40 years improving the game of rugby league in NSW.

She has an extensive knowledge of football operations having worked as an Executive Assistant to the NSWRL and ARL CEO for many years, has strong rugby league connections and is well attuned to key issues impacting residents within the Bulldogs community.

“Joanne brings a wealth of rugby league knowledge and experience to the Board and we are very pleased to welcome her as a Director. As a Board we also value the diversity of perspective that another woman will bring to our governance and to our strategic vision,” Mr Dib said.

Dr George Peponis, Chairman of the NSWRL board praised Ms Farr for her contribution to the game: “Joanne has worked and been around the game for a long time and contributed to New South Wales Rugby League for 40 years. She has gained plenty of experience having worked alongside some of the most prominent figures in the NRL and her knowledge of junior rugby league will be a good asset to help grow the Canterbury-Bankstown district. Ms Farr adds diversity and knowledge which are good qualities for a football club board member,” said Peponis.

Fellow board member Steve Mortimer was delighted to have Ms Farr involved: “I have known Joanne for as long as she has been involved with NSWRL. She is a very humble lady and knows a lot about the game of rugby league. I am very happy to see her join the Bulldogs board and I’m sure my fellow Directors will welcome her because of the background she has in the game,” said Mortimer.

Ms Farr, who has been a member of the football club for seven years and has had an involvement with the Bulldogs since 1988 through administration, ticketing and merchandise, has welcomed the opportunity to join the Board: “It is an honour and privilege to be asked to serve on the Bulldogs Board with a club I have supported all my life. I look forward to being involved in the Bulldogs family and making a contribution. Rugby League is a big part of my life and I love being a part of it." said Farr.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if Premierships matter to her or have we got another boat people advocate ?
Oh well, at least she was involved with Rugby League all her life....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Football Club - Board of Directors
Ray Dib - Chairman
Arthur Coorey - Director
Anthony Elias - Director >> Stepping down
Andrew Farrar - Director >> Replaced by Joanne Farr
Anter Isaac - Director
Anne Sinclair - Director
Peter McMahon - Director

Lots of change there already, but in reality they don't do much it seems.

Just hope this isn't another "jobs to people we know" appointment. If shes the best person for the job though, fair enough.

But she'd know Mortimer, and even moreseo Dr Peponis.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She’s alright for an old duck. I’d give her one.
She’s the one on the left, right ?
5CF7FAA3-0DF2-43FE-8478-524A366A05EB.jpeg

Reactions: DT

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope she does a good job and cares about winning unlike our former token female “CEO”.

Status
Not open for further replies.