Coach Des Hasler to sue Bulldogs for contract breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
DES Hasler and the Bulldogs are headed for the Supreme Court.
The former coach is suing the club for a breach of contract, with documents filed by lawyers in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, according to Nine news reporter Danny Weidler.

The club’s decision to try to sack Hasler without a payout could end up costing them.

Hasler was punted as coach in September and pursuing a $1 million payout as per a heads of agreement he’d signed earlier in the year.

Hasler claims the agreement he’d reached with Canterbury, which tied him to the club until 2019 on a deal worth close to $2 million, is a legally binding contract.

But Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib was adamant back in September that they had no financial obligation to Hasler, telling the club website; “Des’s current contract expires October 2017.

“The board has made the decision not to renew that contract.

“Going forward there will be no liabilities on the club for the next two years.’’

From Fox sport

SOURCE ARTICLES:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/re...s/news-story/9e82350c310425b938b4ca56984f9efc (referencing Danny Wiedler Ch 9 News)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...inst-canterbury-bulldogs-20171120-gzphxn.html

http://www.nrl.com/hasler-starts-le...lldogs/tabid/10874/newsid/115489/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounded too good to be true and I reckon Des will win.

I'm sure before he signed he got a full legal team to go over any cracks with a fine tooth comb and there is no way the club can sack a guy who signed a new contract without repercussions.

Just give him a million and tell him to fuck off and while we are at it - lets tell Dib to fuck off too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By the time this gets to court the board elections will probably be over. Then they'll reach an out of court settlement with him and all will be forgotten.

Although a waste of money I reckon most fans would not have cared about paying out Hasler, we just wanted him gone.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldnt care less as long as that parasite is gone!
I hope the club runs him right through every court in the land because Hasler knows no one wants him ruining their club so he is done as a coach in the NRL so this is his last chance of a pay packet.
I think the club hood winked him and he bought it...he hood winked the club for 6 years so maybe they learnt something from him and got him back....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This would have always been the plan. It’s basically a ploy to make him accept less than he would have been entitled too.
You offer nothing, they sue for everything, and you agree somewhere in the middle.
I bet it doesn’t see the inside of a courtroom. Destined for settlement.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Trust weedler for reporting on the story...

he loves reporting anything negative about our club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Could not give a tin shit. I hope his lawyers do as shitty a job as he did. I guess it's unlikely. Most professionals have higher standards than to just phone it in....

Fuck you Des. You took our club for a ride and I hope you struggle to find another job in footy. Arseclown.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pay Hasler, sack Dib for the fuk up. Main thing is the piece of shite is gone but I do believe Dib should pay the price aswell!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Court settlements and findings are outside the "coaching cap"

So really. Who cares.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly who cares not even worth talkin about that peice of shit and that name des Hasler as long as he is ggggggooooooooooonnnnneeeeee

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moved to Rumours subforum ... Danny has been flogging this dead horse for a while.

Until it's made official elsewhere of course (from another source ouside Danny), like the club.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like I said before...Getting rid of CANCER is PRICELESS !
The club should sue Hasler for all his wrong doings to the club !
And the NRL should sue him for jeopardizing the game by coaching the MOST BORING football in history !

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We apparently got qc advice before sacking him in any case will end up with out of court settlement $400-$500k big deal we are on the up des is tarnishing his reputation further

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We apparently got qc advice before sacking him in any case will end up with out of court settlement $400-$500k big deal we are on the up des is tarnishing his reputation further
Advice is exactly that, and whoever gives it usually relinquishes any responsibility of incorrect advice

Status
Not open for further replies.