Australia 2018 World Cup Qualification vs Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw im more worried now that honduras have to chase it because australia are going to invite them in

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I swear I'd enjoy Australia winning even more if that dumb fuck Simon hill wasn't commentator

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw this situation reminds me of a weird football blog writer who was adamant that australia didnt need a 2nd goal against iran in 1997, like that there is no difference between a 1-0 or 2-0 lead, he kept saying that for years in different topics as if he was the smartest person and the only one to figure it out, ill find his posts if you want

its obviously such a relief to get this insurance goal

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh wait the iran-australia tie in 1997 was 1-1 in tehran so that makes it different, but i still think getting 2-0 in front is much better than 1-0 there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
HOW IS THAT NOT A RED?!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
btw this situation reminds me of a weird football blog writer who was adamant that australia didnt need a 2nd goal against iran in 1997, like that there is no difference between a 1-0 or 2-0 lead, he kept saying that for years in different topics as if he was the smartest person and the only one to figure it out, ill find his posts if you want

its obviously such a relief to get this insurance goal
Actually I remember the late Great Johnny Warren said in his commentary of that game when Australia were up 2-0..it’s the most dangerous score line..as there’s a tendency to relax..than boom it’s 2-1 and you are defending away goals.. Iran proved him right..

But 3-0 ..is beautiful!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
woot woot i hope now honduras can relax and be humble

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Actually I remember the late Great Johnny Warren said in his commentary of that game when Australia were up 2-0..it’s the most dangerous score line..as there’s a tendency to relax..than boom it’s 2-1 and you are defending away goals.. Iran proved him right..
its a small price to pay to get the insurance and then any subsequent australia goal ends the tie

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
even though i like ange there should be no claim for him to take the team to the world cup, he received the job when the team qualified automatically

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
even though i like ange there should be no claim for him to take the team to the world cup, he received the job when the team qualified automatically
Hardly his fault. This is the worst Socceroos team I can remember

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
its a small price to pay to get the insurance and then any subsequent australia goal ends the tie
Any goal to get a team a lead is great..it’s the mindset of the players that makes the goal even more effective.. Against Iran the Aussies shut up shop and played defensively.. Tonight they didn’t..and to their credit they won..and it’s great to see them in their fourth consecutive World Cup finals.. I hope NZ join em..just got to knock out Peru..

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A few pot holes and speed bumps along the way but mission accomplished and thats what counts. The game was nothing special in terms of quality . Honduras were impotent in attack.
FFA and Gallop will be rubbing their hands with the millions in WC revenue coming their way.

As for this Socceroo team, in my opinion by far the weakest roster of all the teams that have qualified for the last 4 world cups.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Any goal to get a team a lead is great..it’s the mindset of the players that makes the goal even more effective.. Against Iran the Aussies shut up shop and played defensively.. Tonight they didn’t..and to their credit they won..and it’s great to see them in their fourth consecutive World Cup finals.. I hope NZ join em..just got to knock out Peru..
its the correct thing to shut up shop and play defensive, the problem was australia had some real idiots playing defense, like the central defender who ran up with his hands in the air to claim offside but the problem was he was about 5m onside

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
its the correct thing to shut up shop and play defensive, the problem was australia had some real idiots playing defense, like the central defender who ran up with his hands in the air to claim offside but the problem was he was about 5m onside

I know what you mean..but Johnny Warren was adamant that they should’ve continued to play the way that had got them in the lead in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.