BULLDOGS WILL MISS THE 8 in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And Dugan for 1 mill.

I believe I read the Sharks have a specific formula for how they spread their cap.

Cant remember the numbers but is something like 40% spine 30% forwards 30% backs
That's an interesting formula.
40% on the spine.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we only have to win 3 more games than this year to make the 8 and 6 more to make the 4. We could've easily won 3 more this year with any sort of luck even playing the rubbish we did. If Pay gets them working together and for each other and they play a more expansive game there isn't a team in the comp we shouldn't be confident about beating. As with all these things injuries will determine who makes it and who doesn't but we are in the comp next year up to our eyeballs. We have moved on older and 10 min players and replaced them with younger and creative ones. With the talent coming through I'm comfortable that we will not only make the 8 but make the 4.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not trolling here but if you guys get into the 8 next year youll be over achieving.
Foran will have a decent few first games but then it will be poor form, injury and emotional and discipline dramas.
He was poor this year and hes not the player he was before his breakdowns and overdose and the rest.
You will miss the energy of Reynolds, he was the bloke who kept you in a lot of games.
Its rebuilding now for you guys, every club has to do it at times, i think youll struggle to get out of the bottom 4 after getting a few good wins early on.
It wont be all doom and gloom next year but im predicting you wont have the consistency to make the 8 or anywhere near it.
We usually have pretty good years when we get a new coach. Steve Folkes 98 made the GF, Keven Moore 09 finished 2nd and Hasler 2012 finished 1st.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't agree with you about the Broncos being certainties.
They have lost Ben Hunt, Benji Marshall, Adam Blair, Herman Ese' Ese and have signed Jack Bird.
Losing a lot of fire power up front as well as two halves is not going to be easy to replace.
Blair and Marshall are not big losses. Bird will be outstanding. They’ll be in the 8

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blair and Marshall are not big losses. Bird will be outstanding. They’ll be in the 8
If he doesn't break down. The guy has a history with shoddy ankles.
Disagree about Marshall and Blair.....a lot of experience lost and nothing to replace that except a forward (Matt Lodge) that has a history of off field discretions and shouldn't have been even considered to br registered by the NRL for what he did in the USA.
Apparently he signed for the Broncos at $85K per season but the Knights offered him $1.5million over 3yrs and he chose to stay with the Broncos.
Lol, the Roosters recruitment officer works for the Broncos as well.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't break down. The guy has a history with shoddy ankles.
Disagree about Marshall and Blair.....a lot of experience lost and nothing to replace that except a forward (Matt Lodge) that has a history of off field discretions and shouldn't have been even considered to br registered by the NRL for what he did in the USA.
Apparently he signed for the Broncos at $85K per season but the Knights offered him $1.5million over 3yrs and he chose to stay with the Broncos.
Lol, the Roosters recruitment officer works for the Broncos as well.
Not sure about the roosters recruitment officer working for the broncos, for what most of us know, it’s because the players love Wayne Bennett, that’s why they take pay cuts!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about the roosters recruitment officer working for the broncos, for what most of us know, it’s because the players love Wayne Bennett, that’s why they take pay cuts!
Do you actually believe that?
Take a $415K paycut per season because of Papa Bennett......yerrrrr right!!
Go to Newcastle and earn in 6 months what will take him 3yrs to earn at the Broncos all because of Papa Bennett......lol, what a load of crap!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha... just been sarcastic! Anything to do with roosters or broncos and salary cap, we all know it’s got to be dodgy!!!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus he owes over a million in compo to the victims.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus he owes over a million in compo to the victims.
I'll bet none of them see any of it either. He should have been locked up in jail ... end of discussion.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For mine the Roosters Cowboys Melbourne & Brisbane are certain finalists
Cronulla with Dugan & Moylan on board are just about assured in my view.
That leaves 8 teams battling it out for 3 spots.
I think Newcastle Tigers & Titans are no hope of making the 8.
I’m still waiting on Canterbury to announce more player movement. If their squad remains as it is, they won’t play finals footy IMO
What the fuck did you say?!

Status
Not open for further replies.