NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
It showed me that Lebron and korver is all there is. Love, Smith, shump combined for 16 I think. You can’t do that against any team let alone a playoffs team.

It was a thriller in the end. But 8 think cavs has under 40 at half time. Shocking.
That just shows how deep the team is lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you see Bulls this season when they scored only 6 points in the second quarter? That was probably worse.

You are being too harsh. It's an 82 game season and this Cavs team isn't playing well at all.

The fact they were able to turn it around in the second half and come back the way they did and get stops in the stretch shows that they were still championship pedigree. LeBron with the clutch 3 at the end just made the city of NY cry. Loved it.
Totally agree with it’s a long season. And even at Miami Lebron had a slow start.

But I can’t excuse them dropping games and getting blown away by shit teams. And even though knicks had a decent start this year they should have controlled the game better.

It’s a weak and old roster unfortunately. And no PG is hurting them. They are 6-6 but still I never expected them to be down by 20 so many times.

Hopefully IT comes back in good form. Lebron is struggling with no scoring options on the floor.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hence my statement, he needs to be on the Cavs because his role on that team is simple - hustle plays and spot up 3 = role player. Bucks expect too much of him and he just isn't good enough, hence the Bledsoe trade and the fact a second round rookie got the starting PG spot over him last season lol
no his role in that season was the PG duty and he had some big games before kyrie came back

brogdon got the starting spot but the 2nd unit was winning them games and got them into the playoffs, and in the playoffs the second unit was great and had a 25pt comeback in game 6

but most importantly the cavs won an nba finals game at oracle arena without love/kyrie and the team shooting 32%, lebron hit 4 of his last 21 shots so dont make it about him, of course the team believes they can win because of lebron but those wins were delly wins

oh and how about delly slicing up the usa team who only won because of their runs when delly was resting

Malla

Reaction score
no his role in that season was the PG duty and he had some big games before kyrie came back

brogdon got the starting spot but the 2nd unit was winning them games and got them into the playoffs, and in the playoffs the second unit was great and had a 25pt comeback in game 6

but most importantly the cavs won an nba finals game at oracle arena without love/kyrie and the team shooting 32%, lebron hit 4 of his last 21 shots so dont make it about him, of course the team believes they can win because of lebron but those wins were delly wins

oh and how about delly slicing up the usa team who only won because of their runs when delly was resting
Delly's number in the 2015 finals where he was starting at PG - 7.5 points, 2.7 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 1 steal. He was shooting 28% from the field and 23% from 3 - garbage. They only made it so far in those finals because of Lebron James, don't get that confused with your admiration for Delly.

As for that Bucks are you talking about last season? They did not win a game 6.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn it we getting pumped now lol. They don't even have Curry.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Delly's number in the 2015 finals where he was starting at PG - 7.5 points, 2.7 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 1 steal. He was shooting 28% from the field and 23% from 3 - garbage. They only made it so far in those finals because of Lebron James, don't get that confused with your admiration for Delly.

As for that Bucks are you talking about last season? They did not win a game 6.
im talking about when delly came off the bench near the end of the 3rd q when they were down by 20 and they stormed back to take the lead, the problem in that situation was the part when they got down by 20

btw he won 2 of those 2015 finals games and his game 3 performance has to be the most heroic performance of all time in the nba, what the stats dont say is how many times he hit the floor or how many times he was up the ass of curry who only got his points when delly was resting or when the game was decided

i personally guarantee that the cavs during the playoffs that year took on the persona of delly and they would have won if they had more than 6.5 bodies

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cavs look turd.
Scary match up today for them. I wonder who will mark Howard. If he is on he will have a field day with boards and points. Only person on the roster that could potentially mark him is lebron but as if you put him up against a centre to get bashed up. Love and crowder will struggle with Howard’s strength, especially backing into the basket and if you double him then you have an open shooter. Will be a good test for them and lue to see what they do.

Malla

Reaction score
Surely todays first quarter from Bulls is the worst you have ever seen?

Malla

Reaction score
Scary match up today for them. I wonder who will mark Howard. If he is on he will have a field day with boards and points. Only person on the roster that could potentially mark him is lebron but as if you put him up against a centre to get bashed up. Love and crowder will struggle with Howard’s strength, especially backing into the basket and if you double him then you have an open shooter. Will be a good test for them and lue to see what they do.
Except Howard doesnt back down and has no post game what so ever. Cleveland should win by 10+.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't watch today watching the might All whites try and get to the WC LOL.

I see that they won. Tbh I've seen enough of the Cavs until they get IT. They are old slow and just a one man show. People say they aren't trying and are bored (well all those yank shows do) but I think they without IT are just an average team. Hence their record.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Simmons he's good.I watched them play GSW the other day and even though they got blown out in the end, they player well.

What's everyone's thoughts on Lonzo?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Except Howard doesnt back down and has no post game what so ever. Cleveland should win by 10+.
Good prediction in the end :p

Can’t believe how much of a size advantage there was and Howard did nothing. I remember last year when it was Thompson vs howard he mopped the floor With him. Good result for the team. And good wins under the belt minus 2 all star point guards.

Malla

Reaction score
Good prediction in the end :p

Can’t believe how much of a size advantage there was and Howard did nothing. I remember last year when it was Thompson vs howard he mopped the floor With him. Good result for the team. And good wins under the belt minus 2 all star point guards.
This is why people will always look at Howard and talk about his potential and what he could have been rather than what he did achieve. It's really frustrating to watch - he doesn't know how to get in position under the rim, doesn't know how to back down nor does he have a go to move.

Those Hornets throwback jerseys were awesome they should wear them as their home strip all year.

Malla

Reaction score
Didn't watch today watching the might All whites try and get to the WC LOL.

I see that they won. Tbh I've seen enough of the Cavs until they get IT. They are old slow and just a one man show. People say they aren't trying and are bored (well all those yank shows do) but I think they without IT are just an average team. Hence their record.
Cavs problem is they have no rim protection. In offence, with or without IT, they have no issues scoring the ball. But in D they are horrible - not having rim protection means when the opposition have a good big man, the defence often collapses to make up for it and it leaves their perimeter guys wide open. Going to use NYK as an example - while Zinger didn't score much that game, his presence allowed Hardaway to go off.

With all said above, I think it's actually an okay team against Warriors because they don't have a big guy. They can try play KD or Green at the 5, but TT will have a field day and get 20 boards probably lol. This team is built to beat Warriors only, but so far they might have a bit of trouble getting there. BTW there's no way they're beating Warriors lol.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
theres no way cleveland is going to beat the warriors if they try to push the pace, more shots = more golden state shots, thats like standing toe to toe with a power puncher

they sort of had a chance with that in 2016 because they were really clicking, that game when they destroyed atlanta with 21 3's was the prime time cleveland

edit 25 3's actually

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
when you were 1 spot from drafting embiid, but cleveland got into the top 3 instead....

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why people will always look at Howard and talk about his potential and what he could have been rather than what he did achieve. It's really frustrating to watch - he doesn't know how to get in position under the rim, doesn't know how to back down nor does he have a go to move.

Those Hornets throwback jerseys were awesome they should wear them as their home strip all year.
Yeh totally agree. In effect cavs started with 3 PF today and 2 SG. Howard should have destroyed them in the paint. In the end he fouled out without contributing anything.

His performance was actually worse then Dirks on Monday and he is pushing 40 soon.

Cavs got lucky with this line up coming up against rubbish centres because at his best love isn’t a defensive player and as a starting centre has massive flaws. So lucky for them they had a run so far that no PG and no C didn’t hurt them much.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh totally agree. In effect cavs started with 3 PF today and 2 SG. Howard should have destroyed them in the paint. In the end he fouled out without contributing anything.

His performance was actually worse then Dirks on Monday and he is pushing 40 soon.

Cavs got lucky with this line up coming up against rubbish centres because at his best love isn’t a defensive player and as a starting centre has massive flaws. So lucky for them they had a run so far that no PG and no C didn’t hurt them much.
Thats the thing, Cavs would have rather him stay on the floor because if they can't guard him (say he was going off) they just foul him and send him to the line. He's a liability in todays league, really surprised he still has a contract, I would be extremely surprised if he is still playing beyond his current contract.

They'll have those tough match ups until TT is back. I think you will also see a trade for Cousins by Feb too.