The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny thing is I can tell in a way what's gone on. Last few years I've been driven into the ground with little to no work/life balance. I'd efeectively cut out everything in my life that I enjoyed doing because it cost money, or because I had no time for it.

That's changed the person I am in a way.

So, now it's all about rediscovering the person I used to be, and building on that with a new job, new life, and being a better person as a result.

Work / Life balance is the real key for me on this one.
Give em hell Mr I..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing is I can tell in a way what's gone on. Last few years I've been driven into the ground with little to no work/life balance. I'd efeectively cut out everything in my life that I enjoyed doing because it cost money, or because I had no time for it.

So, now it's all about rediscovering the person I used to be, and building on that with a new job, new life, and being a better person as a result.

I think everybody needs a few years off work maybe subconsciously you willed it to happen.
I remember I couldn't wait to go on maternity leave.. just needed to get away from work, to take a breather .. Even as hard and as relentless as motherhood was it was like paradise compared to the monotony of 9-5 .

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think everybody needs a few years off work maybe subconsciously you willed it to happen.
I remember I couldn't wait to go on maternity leave.. just needed to get away from work, to take a breather .. Even as hard and as relentless as motherhood was it was like paradise compared to the monotony of 9-5 .
I’ve been off work for TOO long Wolfy! Lol.. When I was a school teacher I hardly ever had a day off..actually probably 2 days off in 2 and half years..I remember once my class was lining up..and one of my students pipes up..’Sir..do you ever take a day off?’..I replied..’Why would I? I haven’t got anything else better to do..’ The kid just looked at with a ‘fair enough face’..lol! Ahhh gee I miss teaching..it was so much fun..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think in life, we as humans spend far too long looking forward rather than stepping back to take a look where we are going.

Did we take the right turn, it should we have stopped and checked our directions before driving on.

An analogy I use for me at present. I was at a cross road a few years back, took what I thought was the right road. First 5km seemed great, but then it was clear I was on a dodgy one way road and unable to turn back. I needed the job to pay the rent, so had no choice but to continue driving. Eventually that went on and on, before another car tailgated and road raged me for a hundred kms, eventually ramming me off the road, and into a tree at high speed.

The injuries are mostly healed from that, but I've had to walk all the way back to that intersection again (hundreds of kms) (almost there), and then pick the right road for me moving forwards.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve been off work for TOO long Wolfy! Lol.. When I was a school teacher I hardly ever had a day off..actually probably 2 days off in 2 and half years..I remember once my class was lining up..and one of my students pipes up..’Sir..do you ever take a day off?’..I replied..’Why would I? I haven’t got anything else better to do..’ The kid just looked at with a ‘fair enough face’..lol! Ahhh gee I miss teaching..it was so much fun..
I get a feeling you were an amazing teacher with a big fan base.

What year did you teach?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't wait to return to that monotony

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean bro.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get a feeling you were an amazing teacher with a big fan base.

What year did you teach?
Thanks Wolfy..not amazing..just tried to be fair.. I taught 7-12.. Although sometimes it could be trying..it was mostly fun!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think in life, we as humans spend far too long looking forward rather than stepping back to take a look where we are going.

Did we take the right turn, it should we have stopped and checked our directions before driving on.

An analogy I use for me at present. I was at a cross road a few years back, took what I thought was the right road. First 5km seemed great, but then it was clear I was on a dodgy one way road and unable to turn back. I needed the job to pay the rent, so had no choice but to continue driving. Eventually that went on and on, before another car tailgated and road raged me for a hundred kms, eventually ramming me off the road, and into a tree at high speed.

The injuries are mostly healed from that, but I've had to walk all the way back to that intersection again (hundreds of kms) (almost there), and then pick the right road for me moving forwards.
Very good analogy, there's a few road ragers where I work, driving luxury cars , nowhere to go and nothing to do so they'll throw spikes on the road just to cause havoc. Just evil stupid *****

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments all :grinning:

I see life as peaks and troughs.. yesterday built myself a benchtop and actually had a full day of successful things (which was a nice change and allowed me to get a heap of stuff done). Problem was... 5AM I was still at it because I was having such a good run LOL.
So I have been locked out of the site for a while but have been following the email notifications coming through.
Mr I - being a demented old fart like me I have learned a few things.
1 - the harder you hit the bottom - the HIGHER you bounce back.
2 - it hurts like hell when you hit the bottom but if you survive the pain it eventually becomes worth the effort.
3 - Take a look around you - so far you are still standing (well almost) - you are still breathing - you haven't quite starved to death - so guess what = YOU HAVE ALWAYS WON! and there is no logical reason why you will not continue to WIN.
4 - People will tell you - what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger - SNOT THE FUCKERS for being imbeciles.
5 - It is almost impossible to beat someone who refuses to quit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So I have been locked out of the site for a while but have been following the email notifications coming through.
Mr I - being a demented old fart like me I have learned a few things.
1 - the harder you hit the bottom - the HIGHER you bounce back.
2 - it hurts like hell when you hit the bottom but if you survive the pain it eventually becomes worth the effort.
3 - Take a look around you - so far you are still standing (well almost) - you are still breathing - you haven't quite starved to death - so guess what = YOU HAVE ALWAYS WON! and there is no logical reason why you will not continue to WIN.
4 - People will tell you - what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger - SNOT THE FUCKERS for being imbeciles.
5 - It is almost impossible to beat someone who refuses to quit.
How in the heck did you get locked out???? That's unacceptable mate!!

Thanks for the kind words.