Jersey sponsorship from Ladbrokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Put whatever you want on the jersey I just want to see the pride n honour put back in to it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I agree. Fords are rubbish and belong on a dragons jumper not ours!
Generally, I don't like fords, but there are some exceptions:

• Fx50 range (From F150 to F650, freaking beasts)
  • Rally Fiesta (like Ken Blocks)
  • Shelby GT500
  • Cobra
  • GT40
Pics of all in above order:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a business deal I don't see the problem but when I go and buy a jersey for my kid and it has a betting agency on it I have a problem so I won't buy it. Does anyone know if kids jerseys will have it on it?

Dirty*Deeds

Waterboy
Reaction score
Doesn't sports bet run the NRL (controlled scores) , this cant be good ...

Wonder how many field goals Foran will kick this year..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a business deal I don't see the problem but when I go and buy a jersey for my kid and it has a betting agency on it I have a problem so I won't buy it. Does anyone know if kids jerseys will have it on it?
I agree. All in all, its a bad look. Having pokie machines support the club through the leagues club is one thing, but a betting agency on our jersey is too far in my opinion. Betting agencies should not sponsor sports, period. Not just because its a bad look, but it makes the sport look corrupt. Even if it isnt. (Yeah right NRL)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The government (Office of Liquor and Gaming) needs to step in and apply the same rules to betting advertising, that it does to cigarettes and alcohol.

The impact is just as negative on society.

If the sport can't exist without betting partners greasy fingers all over it, then call it a day and bring on super league mk2.

All betting partners have brought to the game is doubt, corruption and problems.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem with advertising on gambling, booze, cigarettes, hookers, whatever. My only concern is Foran looking at that betting reminder every time he pulls the jersey on.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Generally, I don't like fords, but there are some exceptions:

• Fx50 range (From F150 to F650, freaking beasts)
  • Rally Fiesta (like Ken Blocks)
  • Shelby GT500
  • Cobra
  • GT40
Pics of all in above order:

At my friends wedding in New Jersey our bus was an F150 converted into a bus. It was one of the most American things I've seen.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem with advertising on gambling, booze, cigarettes, hookers, whatever. My only concern is Foran looking at that betting reminder every time he pulls the jersey on.
So does that mean he will feel like eating a chicken burger before running onto the field as well? Good thing we don't have the superhero jumpers he might try jumping off the grandstand instead of running on the field.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So does that mean he will feel like eating a chicken burger before running onto the field as well? Good thing we don't have the superhero jumpers he might try jumping off the grandstand instead of running on the field.
Probably if he has a known addiction to eating chicken burgers. Fortunately he doesn't (unlike Kasiano). Unfortunately he does have a known addiction to gambling.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably if he has a known addiction to eating chicken burgers. Fortunately he doesn't (unlike Kasiano). Unfortunately he does have a known addiction to gambling.
there's a difference between someone who went a bit off the rails with a punt for a while and a gambling addict. Has there ever been a genuine allegation that he is a gambling addict? I haven't read anything about that. He's a young bloke with lots of money and had a bust up with his wife. He's not the first nor the last to get a little reckless for a while. The question is what is he like now? I've heard nothing to suggest he isn't going about his business in a normal fashion, apparent taste in women aside.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if our new CEO got this sponsorship?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
there's a difference between someone who went a bit off the rails with a punt for a while and a gambling addict. Has there ever been a genuine allegation that he is a gambling addict? I haven't read anything about that. He's a young bloke with lots of money and had a bust up with his wife. He's not the first nor the last to get a little reckless for a while. The question is what is he like now? I've heard nothing to suggest he isn't going about his business in a normal fashion, apparent taste in women aside.
"I was a gambling addict. I had been for most of my career. I've never bet on rugby league but I've bet big money on horses and greyhounds," he said.

"From my second or third year of first grade, I knew that my gambling was out of control. Something had to give."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/foran-opens-up-about-gambling-addiction

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ladbrokes putting money on the Dogs already, nice stuff.
Fords? Buy me an XB GT Coupe, prefer a Walky..

Status
Not open for further replies.