Jersey sponsorship from Ladbrokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh dear. Just what we need, more corrupt sports betting companies.

I miss the way sport was back in the 80s
What with cigarrettes and Winfield cup lol

I do agree with you though , I dislike sports betting agencys its helping to create a generation of gamblers

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What I miss more about the 80s was the eay the game was played.. and the Entertainers & Dogs of War

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the Leagues club you're talking about, not the Football club. 2 different things.
I know that but we get a $5 million grant off the Leagues Club annually....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Although I'd prefer not to be associated with betting companies seems like its the norm these days with most clubs.

good doggie

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
This from a club that has a player warned for consorting with a gambler & are now themselves dealing with a bookmaker.

For mine corruption is always around the money & the bookmakers are at the center of it.

Well at least they gave them the spot near the arse which is where this Ladbrokes belong.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

You mean when SP bookies used to fund all the end of season trips for the players and organised regular nights at brothels and the like. Is that what you missed? Me - not so much. I would rather it be all open and above board.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the Leagues club you're talking about, not the Football club. 2 different things.
Without the league club, the football club wouldn’t be where it is today...

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have it the wrong way around. The football club started the leagues club and controls it.
Agreed, as long as the league club is around the football club will be in a healthy position.

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You have it the wrong way around. The football club started the leagues club and controls it.
And the majority of our funding comes from that leagues club, we're considered one of the wealthiest clubs because of the gambling in said area. Not sure what this says for the sport as a whole or what it's doing to problem gambling, but the NRL wouldn't exist without it sadly.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And the majority of our funding comes from that leagues club, we're considered one of the wealthiest clubs because of the gambling in said area. Not sure what this says for the sport as a whole or what it's doing to problem gambling, but the NRL wouldn't exist without it sadly.
No professional sport would exist without the support of funding from the various forms of gambling. That has been the case for decades and will most likely be the case for decades to come. Humans will always find ways to get adrenaline rushes either chemically or psychologically. Been doing it for eons.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not the perfect sponsor, but ar least it proves and shows our club is a desirable brand.
Ten years ago we were giving away sponsorship space for nothing!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less if they whacked a photo of Kim Jong on the jersey as long as we win

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Unless its ISIS i dont care who sponsors us. Thanks for your money tbh. Its a bonus if it looks good on the jersey.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Its dirty and should be beneath us.

Status
Not open for further replies.