NRL salary cap; please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How can it be that the only clubs with room to move under their salary cap to sign Cooper Cronk are the Rorters & Cronulla.

HOW IS THAT F*CKING POSSIBLE GIVEN THEIR EXISTING SHIT HOT ROSTERS???

Seriously, it beggars belief!!

Cronk would have to eat up $1m under the salary cap surley?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy... Roosters lost Kane Evans who was on 1 mil per year - that covers Cronk.

They then lost Connor Watson who was also on 1 mil per year - that covers Tedesco.

They actually also lost Liam Knight who is only second to Thurston therefore they actually have at least 2 mil left to play around with.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can it be that the only clubs with room to move under their salary cap to sign Cooper Cronk are the Rorters & Cronulla.

Todd Greenberg's testicles (if he ever had any) are being held in a jar in Nick Politis' desk drawer. They are kept there along with the balls of the NRL Commissioners & Salary Cap Auditor.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good property "advice".

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Salary caps flawed. It allows 3rd party payments to be exempt from the cap. So if a club has wealthy supporters with money to throw around they can sponsor a player to get him to a club. works for the roosters and broncos

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well Schubert (ex Rooster) used to be salary cap auditor.

Now that he's left he's taken "probably many a known blind eye by nrl to cap breaches" with him. Of course, theres no reason that can't be brought to media attention if certain clubs aren't given concessions like they used to be.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

These are the ways the Rorters make it work
Like they did with their Famous 5/8 Freddy they will give Cronk a job after football $600K a season for 2 years to teach 15 year olds how to kick a ball, or like they paid SBW for 4 years while playing union before joining them, or the frequent jackpots their players get at their leagues club...Do you want to know more ?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they sign cronk so I can hate them more. How they can sign two of the games biggest stars in one year with their existing roster which includes jwh, napa, cordner, pearce, keary, friend, ferguson, tupou and then guys like latrell mitchell i'd say would still be on decent money considering he was one of the biggest junior prospects. The salary cap just doesn't work anymore if this deal happens. They somehow snare a marquee player every two years, carney, maloney, jennings, sbw, ferguson, tedesco

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salary caps flawed. It allows 3rd party payments to be exempt from the cap. So if a club has wealthy supporters with money to throw around they can sponsor a player to get him to a club. works for the roosters and broncos
Exactly it's simply NRL sanctioned salary cap cheating. Fu@k the NRL and their "even competition". Either make it even or simply let it be survival of the fittest.

Fed up with this Bullsh!t from the NRL. It was just reported on 2GB news that Roosters are now in negotiations to extend Luke Keary. Now they are just taking the piss and laughing at everyone about this ridiculous situation with endorsement from Greenberg and the NRL Commission.

The fact no one at all is publicly speaking up about this would suggest either other clubs are doing the same thing or are thinking about doing the same and the NRL probably knows it's going on.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy... Roosters lost Kane Evans who was on 1 mil per year - that covers Cronk.

They then lost Connor Watson who was also on 1 mil per year - that covers Tedesco.

They actually also lost Liam Knight who is only second to Thurston therefore they actually have at least 2 mil left to play around with.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they sign cronk so I can hate them more. How they can sign two of the games biggest stars in one year with their existing roster which includes jwh, napa, cordner, pearce, keary, friend, ferguson, tupou and then guys like latrell mitchell i'd say would still be on decent money considering he was one of the biggest junior prospects. The salary cap just doesn't work anymore if this deal happens. They somehow snare a marquee player every two years, carney, maloney, jennings, sbw, ferguson, tedesco
Great post!!!
Exactly, how anybody could accept they are "$650k under the cap" and have "plenty of wiggle room" is beyond me.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post!!!
Exactly, how anybody could accept they are "$650k under the cap" and have "plenty of wiggle room" is beyond me.
Not to mention the paid off or looked after 'journalists' who are barely saying boo about this. Obviously don't believe in the principles they learned when they started out.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL was supposed to be a partnership between Ch9 and News Ltd.
News is now only looking after their financial interest ie the storm F--U--K the rest of the teams who made it possible for them to get a slice of the TV pie.
CH9 is in the hands of Rotters millionaires and are untouchable, they will always be able to get away with anything the want.
Has anyone noticed how many RL media personalities favour the rotters with their comments.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but the only way the NRL has ever caught a club from salary cap cheating is from "whistle blowers". This means they are either incapable of finding cheating or not interested in finding cheating. Whistle blower means they have to act on it as opposed to kicking it under the carpet due to it usually being a disgruntled employee. One of the biggest disgraces was Broncos with Andrew Gee, get caught, he quits, refuses to speak to the NRL, they drop the case and then they employ him again a couple years later.....Survival of the fittest mixed with a relegation comp IMO.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They actually spoke about the Roosters salary cap on NRL360 Summer Edition last Monday night.
Paul Kent mentioned a few names and said that they were not on big money.
Players like Latrell Mitchell was on $350K, Taukeaiho was only on a mere $180K.
Ummm, YEP.....now can you tell us what kind of cars they are driving and which Bondi property do they own OR should I say how many do they own under their parents/wifes/girlfriends/brothers/sisters or cousins name?
What a load of CROC!!!!!

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not only are they probably going to land Cronk, there is strong mail that they are making a serious play for Angus Crichton as well.....probably one of the best up and coming back rowers in the NRL. The salary cap is a joke.....and this proves it. And the media is falling over themselves trying to explain how it is all possible to a disbelieving public.....has anyone seen even one article questioning any of this?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but the only way the NRL has ever caught a club from salary cap cheating is from "whistle blowers". This means they are either incapable of finding cheating or not interested in finding cheating. Whistle blower means they have to act on it as opposed to kicking it under the carpet due to it usually being a disgruntled employee. One of the biggest disgraces was Broncos with Andrew Gee, get caught, he quits, refuses to speak to the NRL, they drop the case and then they employ him again a couple years later.....Survival of the fittest mixed with a relegation comp IMO.
Spot on

Bulldogs was Al Constantinidis
Storm was a former employee
Parra was their CEO

I don't think they want to catch anyone either - unless of course it is us.

Everyone went quiet on the gee situation.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These are the ways the Rorters make it work
Like they did with their Famous 5/8 Freddy they will give Cronk a job after football $600K a season for 2 years to teach 15 year olds how to kick a ball, or like they paid SBW for 4 years while playing union before joining them, or the frequent jackpots their players get at their leagues club...Do you want to know more ?
You forgot Nick Politis and his infamous golf games........"Hey Cooper, care to play a round with me for 10,000 a hole?"

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only are they probably going to land Cronk, there is strong mail that they are making a serious play for Angus Crichton as well.....probably one of the best up and coming back rowers in the NRL. The salary cap is a joke.....and this proves it. And the media is falling over themselves trying to explain how it is all possible to a disbelieving public.....has anyone seen even one article questioning any of this?
All compliant rubbish supporting the Roosters. Suddenly they are speaking as if the figures are factual when they mention the ridiculously low amounts their players are on. I called the strategy in another post the Bullshit Drip Feed System.

Status
Not open for further replies.