How do you think Des is spending his time these days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I recently read he is spending time with his family but gee I think his family would be finding that REAL HARD. I reckon he'd be doing stuff like recording stats on how many male to female callers there are to radio sports programs (as he has reportedly done before) or maybe working on how to bring world peace. I reckon his brain would be going bat shit crazy with no real footy to focus on. It doesn't seem even the Titans are seriously interested in him and most who know anything about footy know his methods are outdated and his brand of footy is shit. I can't ever see him being a successful coach again in the NRL. Maybe some club will give him a shot in future out of desperation but I think he should try Superleague or under 6s at Collaroy or maybe it's time for him to get a real job in the real world

Reactions: DT

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last I heard he was holidaying in Europe with his mrs. But that would have been about 3 weeks ago. So maybe he is back on the northern beaches? Not sure.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
From those photos, it was obvious he was a Manly man. Imposter!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst I'd prefer to see the Walker brothers get the Titans job, and even tho I hate Des so much, he would be the best man for the Titans right now, his game plan is a really structured with the need of players that have that individual brilliance about them to win games like he had at Manly when even though they had a structured game plan, they had players like Stewart, Foran and DCE who could all break a game open and that's why it was effective, now at the Titans he would have players like Hayne (regardless of form), Taylor, Hurrell etc that are all players that can turn it on at any moment but lacking that structure to there games which as much as we hate him Des would bring that. It's no surprise that Haslers best season with us conicided with Barba be that spark for us.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I recently read he is spending time with his family but gee I think his family would be finding that REAL HARD. I reckon he'd be doing stuff like recording stats on how many male to female callers there are to radio sports programs (as he has reportedly done before) or maybe working on how to bring world peace. I reckon his brain would be going bat shit crazy with no real footy to focus on. It doesn't seem even the Titans are seriously interested in him and most who know anything about footy know his methods are outdated and his brand of footy is shit. I can't ever see him being a successful coach again in the NRL. Maybe some club will give him a shot in future out of desperation but I think he should try Superleague or under 6s at Collaroy or maybe it's time for him to get a real job in the real world
Hey stuffed up with our club after the first three years that he would walk into two or 3NRL clubs very easily and I think he will have success in the future he just was not the right fit for our club

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Realistically,
Probably not doing very much other than putting together his legal case against the dogs

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not gonna bag Des.. he was our coach for 6 years.. did alot better than Kevin Moore

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
Last I heard he was holidaying in Europe with his mrs. But that would have been about 3 weeks ago. So maybe he is back on the northern beaches? Not sure.
I was on a flight last Sunday from Dubai and I’m pretty sure he was sitting three rows in front of me..... (in economy class)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If he is working on World peace then he should start with peace talks with ISIS. I am sure he will come out of it ahead if he has one left afterwards.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the Titans suggestion, would probably achieve success at the Warriors for similar reasons. Otherwise may prove to be a pretty useful assistant coach as the stats would become part of a combined approach rather than the sole approach.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was on a flight last Sunday from Dubai and I’m pretty sure he was sitting three rows in front of me..... (in economy class)
Hes neen earning a million dollars a year for at least the last 6 years. Economy? Doubt it.

Gold coast apparently have all but signed MacGuire so Dessy would be working out what to do with all his spare time next year, minute by minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.