Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yeah he has some great goals ffs, the a league debut goal, volley against netherlands, bicycle kick against chelsea and 2 wc goals against japan

i think its like people forgetting el masri scored 150+ tries and remembering only the goalkicking, cahill is remembered for heading the ball and fighting like crazy
It was a joke Roddy lol

He has had a few crackers

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Now sack Ange ffs
whatever they do they better not get crazy and hire arnold, i feel a big push for him is going to happen but they should go with a foreign guy with a track record

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure a coach change will make a difference . This team has an average bunch of players. Personnel change is what we need, but we really don’t have any better players waiting to step up . This squad is limited in ability .
Our key player in 2017 remains 37 year old Tim Cahill .
On the balance of both legs , the Socceroos deserved to progress, not that it was pretty.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cahill is a beast.

Game plan = cross it to Cahill

Coglu's defensive organisation is very poor. Also without Bresciano our set pieces are woeful, we really do miss his composure in the midfield. Bresciano = Australian Pirlo

Our golden generation of talent is over so this team will always struggle no matter who is in charge. Our best player is 37 year old veteran Cahill, with no replacement in sight. A once in a life time player that will be sorely missed. Statue for Cahill at Homebush now! 50 international goals.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A very poor squad overall but happy to get behind them. Syria on the other hand had some very handy and talented players on show. We had plodders everywhere.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ange has been Hasler-like in his loyalty to the players. They just don't have it....(well apart from Timmy!).

Needs to invest desperately in a plan B, as many of the commentators have said, but WHEN?

We will need a lot of luck to get through the next stage.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly fuck the World Cup next year, just blood in the youngsters, I mean players like Sebastian Pasquali who is 17 and at Ajax and have someone like Dylan Pierias (17 year old right back) who believe me will be a special player in the future on the bench.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple...

Ange postecoglou is the Des Hasler of the soccer world

Continually plays players out of form like Smith
We can't score
Too structured
No confidence in the team
Players overthinking
Yes massive synergies between the bulldogs and the Socceroos. Been thinking that constantly this year. Only difference Socceroos may still qualify.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some pretty big upsets, Netherlands are out, so are the USA(while they aren't great they haven't missed a WC for 30 years) and Chile.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After todays results, we will verse Honduras with Panama gaining direct qualification and USA being eliminated.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After todays results, we will verse Honduras with Panama gaining direct qualification and USA being eliminated.
I think that since 2010, we've seen a similar decline (for the national team only) throughout the FFA organisation. In a sense, the win last night against Syria acts to somewhat paper over the cracks of the problems... the problem of only needing to produce a team that is a top-4 in Asia.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to fuck off with a back 3 structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.