Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman
For fuck sake
Do not
I repeat
Do not ever touch the ball in the opposition 20 on the 4th or 5th tackle
On the 1st to 3rd only when absolutely necessary, and that is never.

Pay
It's up to you to coach attacking plays that stops Tolman slowing down and fucking up attacking sets

Pay
If Tolman touches the ball in opposition 20,
Hook the ****.

I refuse to watch another season that includes Tolman fucking up vital attacking sets.

Kind regards

All Intelligent and passionate Bulldogs fans, sponsors and sports commentators and fans of rugby league who enjoy watching entertaining rugby league

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait see for ourselves. Personally I do not think that is in Pay's Play Book.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why dont you lay the blame on our totally inept former coach. Tolman does as he is told to do.
Every team needs a player like Tolman. He does the defensive things that the "good" players miss.
Why don't I blame Des you ask?
Well maybe I do blame that useless ****

But since I don't know if that was the coaches plan or just Tolman being a dumb fuck, I'm getting on the front foot early

I'm not waiting till round 12 to address it.

He m being proactive

I assume members of the club view these threads

And in using this platform to make it absolutely clear that Tolman touching the ball during attacking sets is unacceptable

I hope that clears things up for you

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait see for ourselves. Personally I do not think that is in Pay's Play Book.
I hope you are right

But just incase he missed that, I'm reminding him lol

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman should make 10-15 hit ups a game, all these hit ups should stop once we are in a attacking situation.

This year Tolman also missed a lot of those simple tackles that he should be making, like against Canberra the one against Cotric where he pretty much just stood there and watched him go run past.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman should make 10-15 hit ups a game, all these hit ups should stop once we are in a attacking situation.

This year Tolman also missed a lot of those simple tackles that he should be making, like against Canberra the one against Cotric where he pretty much just stood there and watched him go run past.
Cheers mate
Thank god there are intelligent fans to get the point

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman: watch videos of your new coach, when he was playing. That's what we expect of forwards, playing in the blue and white. If you cannot deliver, kindly fuck off.
Pay: teach tolman not to be a stats queen and actually play footy like a bulldogs forward.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i thought i read "Dont Pay Tolman"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've often wondered if the reason Tolman was taking those hitups late in the tackle count is because he's been the closest runner to Lichaa or not. While Mbye was in the hooking role he had more inclination to pass to a half than a forward late in the count which makes me wonder how much of it was game plan and how much of it was that our primary hooker has questionable decision making skills. Running is instinctive and Lichaa is ok with that when he decides to make the effort. Passing requires some thinking and timing which I think might be the achilles heel of Lichaa. I'll wait and see if Lichaa can play well when he's not desperate for a contract (if we re-sign him). I guess the question remains to be answered still. And given that we've not yet confirmed that we've retained him it might not get answered at our club.

I have no issue with Pay giving Lichaa another chance. But it's make or break for him. He can't run the ball with every set so at times he's going to need to distribute the ball and in my opinion he'll need to do a better job of it than he has for the last few years. For a long time I used to think Buderas was over-rated as a hooker but in reality and with some hindisght I have watched some of his games since maturing and noticed that his best asset was that he allowed those around him to play hard by being able to give them well timed passes. That seems like a relatively simple ability, but some hookers can and some can't. Ennis had that ability too although with us his DH running wasn't as frequent and he didn't show much inclination to kick in general play until the last couple of months playing for us. People thought he was crap as a result, but our forward pack stil looked good while he was here and haven't looked that good playing alongside Lichaa.

I don't mean to death ride Lichaa for no reason. I was one of the last to start criticizing him on here. His defense is pretty solid and as he showed in the last few rounds he can do good things with his running game. But teams will learn to read that he's going to run the ball if he does it frequently and in all likelyhood he'll get smashed a bit if he does it too often next year so he'll need to do some ball distribution without running so I hope that's something he's able to improve a lot.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive said this over and over on here tolman is perfect to come off the bench after klem and woods have destroyed the opposition and just tackle his heart out then put the others back on

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What pay did to glen lazarus should serve as a warning to Tolman if he doesn't listen.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't I blame Des you ask?
Well maybe I do blame that useless ****

But since I don't know if that was the coaches plan or just Tolman being a dumb fuck, I'm getting on the front foot early

I'm not waiting till round 12 to address it.

He m being proactive

I assume members of the club view these threads

And in using this platform to make it absolutely clear that Tolman touching the ball during attacking sets is unacceptable

I hope that clears things up for you
You state your point well, players should play to their strengths,Tolman gets gassed doing things that he is not very good at like running the ball, then when gassed he misses tackles. The biggest faults Des had was not to tell or let players do the very things on the field that they were best at, and he did not work on improving individual players talents like Bellamy does.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why send a message to Tolman. He just does was he is told.
Agree Dognacious. Lichaa as well as others have showed what they are capable of away from Haslers game plan. I'm sure Tolman will provide value to the team and will stop those 4th tackle hitups.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A common thing ive heard from pay and about players that have been coached by him is he plays to the players strengths unlike the other clown

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why dont you lay the blame on our totally inept former coach. Tolman does as he is told to do.
Every team needs a player like Tolman. He does the defensive things that the "good" players miss.
Yeah- but Tolman celebrated this concept!!!!
He enjoyed it

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does he?
You know that for fact do you?
I'm not saying you are wrong
I'm just saying, you don't know, so on the off chance it's on Tolman I have made my point clear

Again
I'm not waiting till round 12 next year
I'm getting on the from foot
Something that has not happened at our club for some time now

Do you agree or just want to be a fuckwit?

I have told you before
Not to be a condescending **** to me
Fucking smart arse
Dognacious is right tolman just sticking to the plan!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dognacious is right tolman just sticking to the plan!
He better fucking forget that game plan next year
And incase it's too ingrained in his head
I have made it clear he is to never touch the ball during attacking sets

Status
Not open for further replies.