Bulldogs announce Dean Pay as new Bulldogs coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced Dean Pay as the new Head Coach of the club for the next two seasons.

Pay, has a strong connection with the Bulldogs, having played 108 games for the club between 1989-1995, including being part of the 1995 Premiership winning side.

He also had a strong Representative career, playing for New South Wales in 12 State of Origin matches, in addition to 9 Test matches for Australia.

Pay's coaching background is just as impressive.

Having been Assistant Coach under Kevin Walters at the Catalans Dragons in 2009, he was then U20 Coach with the Storm, under Craig Bellamy between 2010-12, followed by Assistant Coaching roles at Parramatta (2013) and Canberra (2014-Present).

Pay's Representative coaching record with the New South Wales State of Origin Under 20's is exemplary, having won all 5 series that he coached in between 2012-16.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib was delighted with the appointment: "We are extremely happy to have been able to secure the services of Dean Pay for the next two seasons. Dean, is a Bulldogs man through and through and someone who totally understands the history and tradition of the club. He was an outstanding player with the club and has carried that over into his coaching career, where he has worked under some excellent coaches, as well as showing that he can lead from the front with his superb record with the NSW Under 20's side. We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture of old and feel strongly that Dean is the man to do this."

Pay was excited at what lies ahead: "It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for. Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I’m looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Booyeah, it's Payday!

Wait.. that doesn't work... screw it. Payday!

Reactions: DT

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy with this decision. Hopefully with the facilities that his predecessor had he will be able to get the best out of the players. I really think we will be a much more entertaining side to watch. Players not ‘shackled’ and if Dymock is also on there I would be very hopeful of the forwards offloading a ball playing a little more (Klemmer Woods Fatala-Mariner and Foloalou) I also think Potter has a good football brain also.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I see it
Us fans will embrace him like every other new coach

In Pay we trust
Under Pay
Blah blah blah

Then after a few years, if we don't win the comp
Sack Pay will be ripe
Lol