The Consolidated Boxing Thread

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this fight.

Lol, it's a spectical, to simply make money.

Neither can lose.

They both pocket huge amounts of money.

If gayweather wins, McGregor will congratulate him and go on saying if it was a UFC fight the result would be different and no one would really argue.

If McGregor wins, gayweather will just refer to the age difference and the fact he was retired.
Lol
And guaranteed this.

If it goes all rounds and comes down to judges call.
If gayweather wins by decision McGregor will take it like a man.

If it goes the other way all the gayweather fans will be calling the judging rigged.
Bit like the recent Horn fight.

Oh,
And my prediction is @Boxer will be cheering on gayweather for sure.
It's just a little hunch I have, haha.

But, my own opinion,
I think, if gayweather can get past 5 rounds, he will win and McGregor will gas out.

But,
If McGregor can catch the cat and land a few early, he can knock him out.
I very much doubt gayweather can knock out McGregor though.

I'll go on the record and say this.
If it was a UFC fight, it wouldn't last 3 rounds. Gayweather would be knocked out early.
It's only a contest cause it's boxing rules and limits McGregor his most potent attributes, but hey, it will make everyone plenty of money,
Lol I can't stand mayweather so your wrong again

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders Also did lol
I'll give you another Jeff Wilson. Played for the all blacks and cricket for Nz. But what I'm saying and what you don't get is none of these people just decided to do another sport and go against the best ever .

It's just laughable that anyone thinks Conor can have 7 months training in boxing and suddenly has a chance lmao. OK

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so your saying McGregor has never had boxing training before this fight
It takes more than just training. I'm saying he hasn't had.one pro fight...not a one.

Zero pro fights. Zero 4 rounders zero 8 rounders zero 10 rounders. Straight to a 12 round fight. No warm up straight into it with the best boxer on the planet lmao. And people give him some glimmer of hope because he trains a bit of MMA boxing and is big.

I'll use the SBW example you gave. His first few fights were against bums.and cans. The moment he stepped in with a seasoned pro what happened? He nearly.got KOED. And that pro was well past his best and fat. Sonny knew better though because after that he went back to fighting bums.

Lomachenko one of the best ammy fighters of all time 400+fights 2 loses, olympic gold medals fought for a title against a pro in his second fight. He lost to a journey man.

But people think Conor can just fight the best boxing has with zero fights and experience in his first go and some they still think he has a slight chance. It's absurd.

Malla

Reaction score
It takes more than just training. I'm saying he hasn't had.one pro fight...not a one.

Zero pro fights. Zero 4 rounders zero 8 rounders zero 10 rounders. Straight to a 12 round fight. No warm up straight into it with the best boxer on the planet lmao. And people give him some glimmer of hope because he trains a bit of MMA boxing and is big.

I'll use the SBW example you gave. His first few fights were against bums.and cans. The moment he stepped in with a seasoned pro what happened? He nearly.got KOED. And that pro was well past his best and fat. Sonny knew better though because after that he went back to fighting bums.

Lomachenko one of the best ammy fighters of all time 400+fights 2 loses, olympic gold medals fought for a title against a pro in his second fight. He lost to a journey man.

But people think Conor can just fight the best boxing has with zero fights and experience in his first go and some they still think he has a slight chance. It's absurd.
Really... all Mayweather needs to do is just use his speed in the first few rounds, let McGregor swing and miss. Might connect a few, but that won't rattle Mayweather. By the 5th round McGregor will be so tired - he may have boxed before but to go from a 5 round MMA to a 12 round boxing fight with the best ever... you guys are kidding yourself if you think he has a chance.

I know everyone is seeing the press conference and falling in love with his confidence, but lets be real, this was his role in the fight from the get go. He's doing what he needs to do to generate interest and increase PPV $$$. That's probably as useful as McGregor will be here.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really... all Mayweather needs to do is just use his speed in the first few rounds, let McGregor swing and miss. Might connect a few, but that won't rattle Mayweather. By the 5th round McGregor will be so tired - he may have boxed before but to go from a 5 round MMA to a 12 round boxing fight with the best ever... you guys are kidding yourself if you think he has a chance.

I know everyone is seeing the press conference and falling in love with his confidence, but lets be real, this was his role in the fight from the get go. He's doing what he needs to do to generate interest and increase PPV $$$. That's probably as useful as McGregor will be here.
It just astounds me to think that some people thinks it's as easy as that to start a new sport. They think because he is punching in MMA that it somehow gives him a chance. It takes years and years to become a skilled boxer. But Conor fans think he can just fight the best and have some sort of shot at catching May early. Smh.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Firstly I like McGregor. Im
A fan.

Secondly I've boxed and loved boxing since I was a kid.

It's fair to say McGregor has a punchers chance. So do I. So do you.

Mayweather unless some freak of nature or he takes a dive will eat this **** alive in boxing.

As others have tried to point out he isn't some bum, he isn't some solid boxer. He is the best defensive fighter ever.

The best boxing have had have tried to bash him, hurt him early, scare him, push him around and failed.

McGregor is an unorthodox fighter. In mma it's over in moments.

I don't question McGregor cardio or ability to handle
The extra rounds as keep in mind in the UFC he has fought 5 minute rounds.

In the UFC he has had people lay all over him on the floor restricting his breathing.

Though in this fight he has no kicks, elbows etc.

Chasing and swinging at mayweather he will do. Though mayweather will do what he has made a career out of and "out box" him.

It may be boring it to a lot of people though it's what he does and does unbelievable and undeniably well.

Not everyone fights like Tyson. Although I wish they did

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Omg just saw the media workouts and Conor is in serious trouble. He looks awful. Chin up in the air, mouth open, switching while throwing combos, NO JAB, no head moment, feet all over the place and he looked gassed on the bag. He is going to take a BEATING.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fook the mayweathers

Lol,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manny misses the deadline for signing on to him vs Horn Mk 2.

Clearly not interested in fighting for a farce.

Now they are talking McGregor and Horn maybe LOL...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know really know who I want to win, I just hope they dont respect each other to much and we get a boring fight.
I think it's going to be good.

I used to think GGG would win with ease, but now I think he has lost a step. So Canelo is my pick.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's going to be good.

I used to think GGG would win with ease, but now I think he has lost a step. So Canelo is my pick.
Yeh GGG hasn't looked that great in his past few fights, he claims he was making the fights last longer for the fans but I dont believe that excuse.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh GGG hasn't looked that great in his past few fights, he claims he was making the fights last longer for the fans but I dont believe that excuse.
Yeah age is probably catching up to him.

Although with the Brook fight he basically knew he couldn't be hurt so he just walked through everything Brook threw at him. Kind of like what May did to Mac lol.

Sunday should be a good day tbh. We've got Monroe vs BJS on here for free. Then UFC and then GGG Canelo. By the time that all finishes the NSW cup boys should be kicking off.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holey shit!!!!

Deontay Wilder just full beast mode lol