Grow some balls Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone on here is in a rush for an announcement but i doubt the club is gonna be quick with it considering the off season has just started and i don't think we have a CEO till the end of the world cup. I doubt the board would be comfortable in castle being involved in these decisions seeing as though shes on the way out

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only way i can see us getting rid of des is if dib and co's positions are under threat by a rival ticket (dib will go into self preservation mode and do whatever it takes to stay in power), if that doesn't eventuate they won't change shit.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sick of the Des bashing when Dymock and the team were equally responsible for what was produced on the field.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another reminder to some
Des is GONE
And before it gets announced
Be reminded
Greenberg ORIGINALLY signed Des to be in FULL CONTROL of football
The results are:
Des destroyed our playing roster and our playing style.
Not Dymock. Not the players. Not the administrators. Not the board.
And certainly not the ground keeper !

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des Hasler, deserves every opportunity to rebuild the team he built. Yes were shit he knows that, back ended deals put us in this position but is also the reason why we made two grand finals. all the powerful teams do it, he also is trying to rectify things . If you were to let go des atleast have a professional replace and clearly there is no one better for the job. He is stubborn in his ways all big coaches are like that , only way you could be a nrl coach. Got to have strong belief in what you do , yes it backfired but hes realised and adjusted his game. if you want to be with him when were at the top might aswell stick with him when hes at the bottom. I for one would hate to see him go well at another club because that is exactly what he is going to do.Many coaches with great rosters could not make it to the big dance and hes made it twice with fairly average rosters. Teams like warriors, roosters,brisbane have had stronger rosters. only roosters have won a premiership in those 3 and lets be honest manly got robbed that game. He has still alot to offer ,it is frustrating watching us like this but we were a basket case prior to des and he has turned us into a team that everyone has high expectations of every year. I believe next year will be a improvement on this year but are still a year off building a premiership team . our window will come and des has proven that he can get us to the big day again. You got to be in it to win it unfortunately we never got up on that day. Anyways each to their own opinion. 10am i believe des will be sacked unfortunately with no respected replacement.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des Hasler, deserves every opportunity to rebuild the team he built. Yes were shit he knows that, back ended deals put us in this position but is also the reason why we made two grand finals. all the powerful teams do it, he also is trying to rectify things . If you were to let go des atleast have a professional replace and clearly there is no one better for the job. He is stubborn in his ways all big coaches are like that , only way you could be a nrl coach. Got to have strong belief in what you do , yes it backfired but hes realised and adjusted his game. if you want to be with him when were at the top might aswell stick with him when hes at the bottom. I for one would hate to see him go well at another club because that is exactly what he is going to do.Many coaches with great rosters could not make it to the big dance and hes made it twice with fairly average rosters. Teams like warriors, roosters,brisbane have had stronger rosters. only roosters have won a premiership in those 3 and lets be honest manly got robbed that game. He has still alot to offer ,it is frustrating watching us like this but we were a basket case prior to des and he has turned us into a team that everyone has high expectations of every year. I believe next year will be a improvement on this year but are still a year off building a premiership team . our window will come and des has proven that he can get us to the big day again. You got to be in it to win it unfortunately we never got up on that day. Anyways each to their own opinion. 10am i believe des will be sacked unfortunately with no respected replacement.
We havent made the top 4 for 5 years straight.. Des is one of the worst performing bulldogs coaches in 40 years. He doesnt deserve any time.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
name a team in the competiton that has done better than us? apart from the obvious melbourne champ. lets speak logic who will get better results than des as a coach who is up for the job now.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we talk about the high flyers who we all want to be like. cronulla get bundled out by cowboys week 1 with most of there players playing with half a leg ( cooper, coote martin( scott thurston oneill all out also) , roosters we all want to be them don't we!! minor premiers for 3 years in a row win 1 premiership followed by a wooden spoon and a open cheque book. Get a grip if we had won 1 of the two grandifnals we'd praising him as one of the greatest coaches we have had . Yes i know it is a IF but its on the players on the big day. If your coaching is good enough to make a grand final its pretty much good enough to win the competition if your players turn up. Reality is des still has a better track record that pretty much every coach in the comp. only issue is he doesnt have that 1 premiership under his belt as a bulldog.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sick of the Des bashing when Dymock and the team were equally responsible for what was produced on the field.
You are correct Bobby but you think that dictator would let them have a say.

I'm willing to say the majority of our season was a protest and a "fuck you ****" to Hasler.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
name a team in the competiton that has done better than us? apart from the obvious melbourne champ. lets speak logic who will get better results than des as a coach who is up for the job now.
All the teams above us have done better than us. What kind of question is that?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
rooster
sharks
rabbitohs

we have been declining on the ladder every year since 2012.

it is like saying BHP is the best stock on ASX cos its share price is 10 times better than Galaxy Resources.

In last 3 years BHP has lot 3 times its value where Galaxy has gained 10 times it original value.

where are you going to put your money? Des (BHP) or a rookie coach on the rise (Galaxy)?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the players stopped learning.
It's all to do with Sam Burgess' ego & thinking he would star in rugby yawnion & make a stack of money. When he failed he went back to Souths & firstly his team mates were sent packing & now his coach. Great work Russell, you have undone all the good work. We at the Bulldogs thank you!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The plan did not work & the players followed orders in order to stay in the side. Only when it appeared Hasler was finally going to get turfed & Lichaa told he was going to leave that they threw the "Hasler plan" out the window. And look what happened.

If you were a player what would you do? If you play out in reserves you have no chance of getting another club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another reminder to some
Des is GONE
And before it gets announced
Be reminded
Greenberg ORIGINALLY signed Des to be in FULL CONTROL of football
The results are:
Des destroyed our playing roster and our playing style.
Not Dymock. Not the players. Not the administrators. Not the board.
And certainly not the ground keeper !
I was with you up until "Not the administrators. Not the board." They were stupid enough to re-sign him for 2 more years when the only reason was to quell the media hysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.