Holmes or Trbojevic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough call, either would be a major upgrade at the back.
Go with TT 'cos he's quicker than Holmes (Holmes more elusive, but in a sprint to the line TT).
Then again Holmes can attack from anywhere.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FMD if only Des brang the Turbo bros over
I would have even been happy with clint gutherson.

Can't believe we took the dud floppa off the hands of parra so they can get Jennings and gutherson. We definitely got the shit end of that deal. Looks like a common trend for us the last few years...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idk why but i have a feeling Jake and Tom can be lured away from Manly unlike the Stewart bros in there prime.
They are no chance mate.. their whole family is from northern beaches, Manly tragics and all involved in local rugby league comps.. they wont come but they wont win anything at Manly for a very long time

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think we should chase Holmes. He looks like a realistic target imo. Won't want to stay on the wing forever and the Reds are also after him so will push his $$$ up and make it almost impossible for the Sharks to keep him.
Everyone wants holmes.. good player and hung like a horse

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Valentine Holmes of the peptide sharks only because Shane Flanagan would have him juiced up and ready to gooooooo!!!!!!

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TT without a doubt. Much more complete player IMO. Wouldn't baulk at Holmes though lol.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tom turbo looks to have the complete package.
Holmes has a few mistakes in his game. (Great player though)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Turbo is playing on 1 leg and trained on the wing last off season. After getting fit and training at fullback over this upcoming preseason Turbo will destroy it next season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In what order would people rate Trbojevic, L.Mitchell, Holmes as future fullbacks.

I know alot of people here dont like Mitchell but in rate this based on ability not favouritism.

1. Trbo
2. Mitchell (This guy is a machine at 19 physically and if he can become more consistent can become an all time great)
3. Holmes

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In what order would people rate Trbojevic, L.Mitchell, Holmes as future fullbacks.

I know alot of people here dont like Mitchell but in rate this based on ability not favouritism.

1. Trbo
2. Mitchell (This guy is a machine at 19 physically and if he can become more consistent can become an all time great)
3. Holmes
If Mitchell lives up to his potential Easts are very scary especially with Teddy next year. Mitchell has every physical attribute you could ever want and the talent to match it.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holmes is overrated at FB IMO.
Tubro by daylight.
I think what he lacks is some proper playmaking ability, like his physical this guy is amazing. The speed at which he charges at the line is incredible but he just doesn't have Toms playmakingn skills.

Malla

Reaction score
I think what he lacks is some proper playmaking ability, like his physical this guy is amazing. The speed at which he charges at the line is incredible but he just doesn't have Toms playmakingn skills.
Not even that.. he is proned to at least 2-3 errors a game and they usually come at crucial times. Turbo is so much more safer, plus his playmaking abilities are well and truly beyond Holmes'. Holmes is a winger, can become a centre if his defence improves, but nothing more.

Can see now why they went and signed Dugan.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holmes is a perfect example of a winger compared to a fullback.

As soon as someone is an amazing winger, everyone is suddenly like "oh, lets make him fullback so he can get involved more!!". It doesnt work like that.

Homes is one of the worlds best wingers but he is not a playmaker or fullback - can not pass, kick not does he have the vision that playmakers do. He is an excellent broken field runner and finisher.

Turbo has the complete skillset and is a natural fullback who could play wing when wanted.

This isn't even a question.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends what position and how long.

Turbo definitely the bigger talent but don't know how long he will play full back given his size. Would soon fill out more, get more injuries and become another Inglis or alternatively move to the forwards like Matt Adamson did. In 2 years he will be much bigger than his older brother.

Holmes will be a backline player for some time but not sure I rate him one of the best fullbacks going around as opposed to a winger.

I'd rather make a play for RTS as I think you could get him at a comparitively good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.