SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The top 2 teams made the gf after losing in the first round

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the gf of my cash comp too.
Will have the vc on semi and maybe Widdop with the C??

Those that are left playing who you captain choices?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the con milf last week.
I think the cows will be up for it defensively.

Surely in semis form from last week and Souths defense he will go huge.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the con milf last week.
I think the cows will be up for it defensively.

Surely in semis form from last week and Souths defense he will go huge.
cant trust semi good games to few and far between this season. only other options for me are vc turbo/slater and c manners

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the final for my H2H.

$600 to the winner. Loser gets nothing.

Praying that Cameran Smith is rested!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoever always above you is im already happy you also switched c to smith
I ain't Always Above ....

Maybe you don't want to give this away but are you putting the c on smith for real.
Thought storm may only play him 60 mins etc to freshen him up

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ain't Always Above ....

Maybe you don't want to give this away but are you putting the c on smith for real.
Thought storm may only play him 60 mins etc to freshen him up
yeah i have the c on smith he was rested last round should play the 80 im considering slater now though haha

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/f5571f7f390cf821671cae95c8f35890

The following three stats will be added to SuperCoach scoring for 2018:

* Intercept Taken (+5 points): Only given if a player takes the ball cleanly and his team ends up with possession. A player will not be awarded an intercept if it results in a six-again for the other team.

* Hold attacking player up in goal (+3 points): Awarded to a defensive player who holds the attacking player up in goal. Any player who has done enough to warrant a tackle stat would also be given a held up stat.

* Kick that goes dead (-3 points): Any kick that goes dead/touch in goal without being touched by another player. The erroneous kick must lead to a 20m tap and seven-tackle set for the opposing side.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/fa956ed76e7051e393da5ccb47d71b2a

TRADE NUMBERS:
Last year thanks to some poor luck, poor self control and Jarryd Hayne — I started with him, traded him out, then in, then out again all for SFA points — I managed to run out of trades with three rounds left in the season.

The pointy heads (aka Dave Campbell) argued that the fact that there is one less round of NRL this year (teams still play 24 games but over 25 rounds in 2018 not the 26 of 2017) necessitates a reduction in trades for SC.

I campaigned for the status quo — not THE Status Quo as I’m not a huge fan of boogie rock though I will tap my toe to Rockin’ All Over The World.

I lost.

So last year we had 40 trades but we will start 2018 with 37.

Now Dave would like me to point out that due to reduction of rounds played our 37 trades equates to 1.52 trades per round, which compares rather favourably to the 1.6 opportunities to sate our rage per round last year.

So we have less trades but pretty much the same ratio of trades per round.

Alles klar? Gut!

BYE ROUNDS:
Now here’s a change that will have a material impact on how you play the game.

As revealed earlier this year by the REAL SuperCoach guru bye planning is going to be a whole lot easier in 2018 as there are just two bye rounds, each team has just one bye and Origin players do not miss as many club games.

With the bye schedule simplified, so is the allocation of trades per round. You can use just a maximum of two trades per round, every round, bye round or not.

Except for this week ...

SAY HELLO TO SUPERTRADE WEEK
On June 24 the NRL pauses for a stand-alone Origin bye round — that’s between rounds 15 and 16.

But SuperCoach never sleeps and we all get a whopping five trades to burn here.

The timing of the SuperTrade Week is crucial, as the second round of byes occurs in round 17. This is the chance to cast off those players who got you through the first round of byes and set yourself up for the second.

The odd number will reward those who do some planning too. Want to ditch two cash cows and pick up three guns? You better have a nice fat bank balance before getting to the trade week because how fun is it to be $100 short of the ‘perfect’ set of trades?

THAT’S A WRAP
So in summary guys, our total trades is down, but so is the number of rounds we will play. The four-trade bye bumpers are goneski because bye trading and planning is so much simpler this year. But we say hello to SuperTrade Week, a one off opportunity to make not four but five trades and set your team up to dominate the back third of the season.

Look forward to all the preseason banter and conjecture in the lead up to 2018. Bugger Christmas it’s SuperCoach season already!

Status
Not open for further replies.