Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Good fight I thought. McGregor didn't embarrass himself and it was entertaining.

Mayweather played him though. If you watch the post fight press conference McGregor said something interesting things about sparring partners and being able to go the distance.

I still reckon McGregor had the first 2-3 rounds then it was all mayweather

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good fight I thought. McGregor didn't embarrass himself and it was entertaining.

Mayweather played him though. If you watch the post fight press conference McGregor said something interesting things about sparring partners and being able to go the distance.

I still reckon McGregor had the first 2-3 rounds then it was all mayweather
I agree with this summary. McGregor came out strong but didn't respect the art of boxing and someone that has been doing it at the highest level for 20 years. Even though he is a fit guy he didn't have anywhere near the cardio of Mayweather. I don't know what he will do next but I can see them doing a rematch for some horrendous amount of money which I won't watch. All in all good entertaining fight.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'm a huge Connor McGregor fan
I really wanted him to win,
And honestly, I thought he would,

But by the end of the 4th round, I knew he was no hope, even though McGregor was on top at that point.

Mid way through the 7th, I knew it was all over.

Floyd fought like a cat early
But that's what he needed to do to win
Boxing is a marathon not a sprint and Floyd was far to good a boxer for McGregor

That being said
No risk, in the octagon
It's not even a contest
McGregor first round Ko without a doubt
Yeah but that was the whole point of this entire exercise to prove that UFC will never get the same respect as boxing does.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Floyd didnt spar for a month before the fight to protect his hands,the guy is the ultimate professional and incredible

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its unreal these mma fans. We all know Conor wins in mma. But they think it's because he is afraid or some shit lol. It's because THE MONEY is in boxing.
Yeah mate, it would be like u taking a job that's pays 20 time less, and saying your to scared to do it Lololol! Mayweather wouldn't get out of bed for the penny's mma players earn! He spent more on cars than these guys would earn in a lifetime

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I liken this to a bout between @TANK 2.0 at his peak physically and me at mine..the outcome of an MMA contest would be a win to Tank..but in a boxing match the result would be completely different..just as with Mayweather and McGregor..yes..because a boxing ring has ropes..unlike the octagon which is caged..this means when the bout starts I could much more easily run away..yep slide under those ropes and make a bolt for the exit..the cages on the other hand are too high to escape quickly..unless I go through the door..but I'd probably fumble with the lock as I'd be shaking with fear..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I liken this to a bout between @TANK 2.0 at his peak physically and me at mine..the outcome of an MMA contest would be a win to Tank..but in a boxing match the result would be completely different..just as with Mayweather and McGregor..yes..because a boxing ring has ropes..unlike the octagon which is caged..this means when the bout starts I could much more easily run away..yep slide under those ropes and make a bolt for the exit..the cages on the other hand are too high to escape quickly..unless I go through the door..but I'd probably fumble with the lock as I'd be shaking with fear..
We both will over come our struggles and we will spar in the ring and in the cage. But you gotta take it easy on me lol

PS no punching my chest lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We both will over come our struggles and we will spar in the ring and in the cage. But you gotta take it easy on me lol
Lol!! I'll be running like Forest Gump! Lol!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol!! I'll be running like Forest Gump! Lol!!!
You know What? I truly feel you will be running like Forest Gump one sweet day...bad thing is I won't be able to catch you lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know What? I truly feel you will be running like Forest Gump one sweet day...bad thing is I won't be able to catch you lol
Yup..in my magic shoes..lol!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yup..in my magic shoes..lol!!!
Get me a pair, size 15 please.

PS I actually was a boxer for a few years at the PCYC in Cabramatta. First I joined for the training but was a natural at it. I had 16 amateur fights, my record was 13-1-2 with 9 KO's.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still believe Cassius clay would annihilate maywether.
For someone to be the greatest of all time, they would have to be able to beat all contenders. I couldn't even imagine maywether lasting a round with Mike Tyson lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I still believe Cassius clay would annihilate maywether.
For someone to be the greatest of all time, they would have to be able to beat all contenders. I couldn't even imagine maywether lasting a round with Mike Tyson lol.
Tyson had power, that was it.

Mayweather has him on speed.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broooo Tyson had amazing speed you serious? Lol
One punch from Tyson and maywether is died. Maywether punching Tyson will have no effect.
Tyson is the best I've ever seen. At his peak he was so quick and always hit like a truck. Most opponents lost before the fight began. He would've squashed Mayweather

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tyson is the best I've ever seen. At his peak he was so quick and always hit like a truck. Most opponents lost before the fight began. He would've squashed Mayweather
He was fucken unbelievable, I would have loved to see Cassius clay vs Mike Tyson both in their prime. I think that would literally be the greatest fight of all time. Both fast as fuck but completely different styles. Dancing vs weaving lol. I think Tyson would kill Cassius clay if he used the rope a dope style against him. Although he survived the punches from Frazier and foreman who had arguably the strongest punches of all time using the rope a dope tactic

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was fucken unbelievable, I would have loved to see Cassius clay vs Mike Tyson both in their prime. I think that would literally be the greatest fight of all time. Both fast as fuck but completely different styles. Dancing vs weaving lol. I think Tyson would kill Cassius clay if he used the rope a dope style against him. Although he survived the punches from Frazier and foreman who had arguably the strongest punches of all time using the rope a dope tactic
You'd have to be a complete lunatic to use rope a dope vs Tyson. Permanent brain damage right there

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'd have to be a complete lunatic to use rope a dope vs Tyson. Permanent brain damage right there
Well they say Cassius got fucked up (Parkinson onset) from using that style against foreman.
I watched his 81' fight I think against Holmes and I couldn't believe they even allowed Cassius to fight, he was clearly not normal, the way he'd move and talk and like nothing registered with him, was depressing to watch.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tyson had power, that was it.

Mayweather has him on speed.
Tyson only had power when he left his original trainer, he basically became a head hunter,he was insanely fast in his prime. Mayweather is to small anyway, Tyson would of killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.