Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
26 August 2017

Wahesh

Reaction score
This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...-former-rival-jose-aldo/ar-AApJ141?li=AAgfYrC

Conor McGregor branded a 'joke' who is only fighting Floyd Mayweather 'for the money', by former rival Jose Aldo

Conor McGregor became known as a fighter with a mystical ability to defy the odds because of his stunning upset victory over Jose Aldo, the former UFC featherweight champion.

But Aldo says there's zero chance McGregor can beat the daunting odds he faces when he steps into a boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather.

“There is no way McGregor can defeat Mayweather,” Aldo said. “Mayweather has done this his entire life, and it's a different sport.”

The way Aldo sees it, McGregor has obvious motivations for the spectacle that will occur Aug. 26 in Las Vegas — and those motivations don't include boxing glory.

“After the Mayweather fight, he'll get lots of millions of dollars,” Aldo said. “Probably he'll never fight again.”

Aldo was the most dominant champion in mixed martial arts until McGregor set his sights on the Brazilian star several years ago. McGregor embarrassed and infuriated the champ with his loquacious showmanship during the buildup to their December 2015 bout — and then McGregor stunned the UFC with a 13-second knockout of Aldo, flattening the feared 145-pound star with one punch.

While McGregor's win ended Aldo's 10-year winning streak, nobody found it to be as utterly improbable as a potential victory over Mayweather (49-0), the most successful boxer of his generation. McGregor worked relentlessly to get under Aldo's skin during the months before their fight, and Aldo recognises the similarities in the mental game McGregor is playing against Mayweather.

McGregor calls himself "Mystic Mac" due to his ability to predict the results of his fights. While he has been wrong before — such as in his submission loss to Nate Diaz last year — he has shown a remarkable ability to back up his boasts with results.

McGregor vowed to stop Mayweather within four rounds during their uproarious promotional tour last month, but Aldo is among those who don't think even McGregor believes it. Aldo saw the posturing and insult-trading as something else entirely.

“It's a joke,” Aldo said. “He's just looking for the money.”

McGregor never defended the featherweight belt that he took from Aldo, who reclaimed that 145-pound title last year with a win over Frankie Edgar. Aldo lost the belt again in June to Max Holloway, who stopped him in the third round in Brazil.

Aldo said he doesn't plan to move up to lightweight, but hopes to reclaim the featherweight belt from Holloway, who received praise from Aldo. The loss to McGregor stings much more.

“(McGregor) can say whatever he wants, but he was a lucky guy,” Aldo said. “One punch and he finished it. No skills.”

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok, so Conor is a joke because he's only doing it for the money DESPITE FMJ's nickname being "money" AND CM showing the entire world how talented he is. I'm starting to think that Jose Aldo has copped a few too many blows to the head.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Conor IS a joke.....anyone who treats ex champion sparring partners and the sport as a whole with the level of disrespect McGregor has shown boxing is a snot nosed punk. Honestly, what a fuck knuckle....instagraming hand picked photos from a sparring session to try and make himself look better than he is and sell his joke of a fight. This ham and egger tapped like Fred Astaire to Nate Diaz and he thinks he's going to hold his own against Mayweather in a boxing ring? He's not even the best at his own sport and he thinks he's going to beat a boxing GOAT? What a ridiculous, self obsessed arse clown. The fight is a total circus, McGregor is 100 percent doing it for the money....as is Mayweather. They are both shit people. I wish there was a way they could both knock each other out. They are both self aggrandising, oxygen wasting tosspots. But in reality, Mayweather will wipe the floor with him. McGregor is a second rate WWE wannabe.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mcgregor is a beast. dont give him a chance in this tho the $100M will pick up his spirits

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he seems like a nice guy just puts on the act to sell the fights which everyone does
Yeah but Conor has kinda taken self promotion to new levels and I don't think he shows any respect for the sports he cashes in on......

Mayber the sports themselves don't deserve respect....they do glorify violence and all. I'm not a big fight fan anyway.....but I'm even less of a fan of self serving people who are all aboutr money.....that's how McGregor comes across to me.

Eh if people are willing to pay for this crap, more power to him I guess.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
They are both tools but I'll still watch it cos the stunt has worked and I wanna see what happens.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It'll probably cost $20,000 for a crappy ticket to the fight.

A

Alexander the Great

Ok, so Conor is a joke because he's only doing it for the money DESPITE FMJ's nickname being "money" AND CM showing the entire world how talented he is. I'm starting to think that Jose Aldo has copped a few too many blows to the head.
Salty as fuck after CM knocked him yhe fuck out

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will gladly eat my words but i cannot see this being anything but a mayweather masterclass he has beaten the worlds best for 20 yrs and McGregor thinks he has a chance.
If be saying the same thing if mayweather was fighting UFC McGregor would whip him, boxing and fighting are two different things and mayweather will be showing the world including McGregor what a boxer is on the weekend

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I will gladly eat my words but i cannot see this being anything but a mayweather masterclass he has beaten the worlds best for 20 yrs and McGregor thinks he has a chance.
If be saying the same thing if mayweather was fighting UFC McGregor would whip him, boxing and fighting are two different things and mayweather will be showing the world including McGregor what a boxer is on the weekend
The way I see it McGregor will get his 10 mill and mayweather will get 50-0

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I see it McGregor will get his 10 mill and mayweather will get 50-0
The way I see it,
McGregor with smash the little bald peanut head with his signature left hook
Floyd will go down 49 and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.