From Germany with love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
First time writer here, a German (Kraut) fan. I was born and raised on Bundesliga football (soccer), a member and season ticket holder at VfB Stuttgart 1893 since the late 1970s. Work brings me to Australia and gives me the opportunity to watch rugby. Yesterday, I had the chance to take in the Bulldogs vs Broncos game. I shall refrain from discussing the match itself and the score-line…

Although I was not bred in Bankstown and despite the tonking on the pitch, I enjoyed the game and definitely found myself supporting the boys in blue and white. That may sound somewhat insane, but my explanation is that the Doggies were the underdog in the match. Also, the away support in The Caxton, those that I bumped into pre-match, seemed to consist of decent, likable folks. And of course, there’s generally nothing wrong with supporting a struggling side. Being a Stuttgart supporter, I have an idea what that’s like.

I am definitely looking forward greatly to my next Bulldogs match. Whether under the reign of Des Hasler or not - although only a few hours into my career as supporter, I do realize there are more popular people around the club at the moment...

Thanks for having me, have a great week-end, here’s to a win against the Panthers!

Kraut

Attachments

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Welcome to the club..i apologise for the state the club is currently in. Hopefully we can turn it around with the removal of a certain individual and you can see what the real Bulldogs are about.

Ps. Will RB Leipzig sell Keita or what?? Haha

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to the club..i apologise for the state the club is currently in. Hopefully we can turn it around with the removal of a certain individual and you can see what the real Bulldogs are about.

Ps. Will RB Leipzig sell Keita or what?? Haha

Thanks for the welcome, Gotenks.

Still need to get my head around the profiles and personalities of the different NRL clubs. But I believe the Bulldogs are one of the "old" clubs with plenty of history (not just trophies). The same goes for my football club, VfB Stuttgart, founded in 1893. RB Leipzig are more of a "new, concept club", powered by the deep pockets of the Red Bull organization. Many football supporters in Germany are rather critical of how they gained access to the top flight, i.e. buying their way into it. A distinct case of noveau riche versus the old guard. Needless to say, there are plenty of intriguing details to their rise. Makes for a good debate. But probably not too appropriate for a Bulldogs forum. But to answer your question, Leipzig have no need to sell players, including Keita. They have got enough money in the bank as it is. You're a Liverpool man?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Gotenks.

Still need to get my head around the profiles and personalities of the different NRL clubs. But I believe the Bulldogs are one of the "old" clubs with plenty of history (not just trophies). The same goes for my football club, VfB Stuttgart, founded in 1893. RB Leipzig are more of a "new, concept club", powered by the deep pockets of the Red Bull organization. Many football supporters in Germany are rather critical of how they gained access to the top flight, i.e. buying their way into it. A distinct case of noveau riche versus the old guard. Needless to say, there are plenty of intriguing details to their rise. Makes for a good debate. But probably not too appropriate for a Bulldogs forum. But to answer your question, Leipzig have no need to sell players, including Keita. They have got enough money in the bank as it is. You're a Liverpool man?
Yh we are one of the older clubs. I'm on the younger side so i don't have have memories of the good old days. Plenty of posters on here do and i'm sure one of them will open this thread and be able to share plenty about the history of our club.

Yh i'm a Liverpool man. Keita does seem unlikely but i'd love to have him. I must congratulate you guys on your return to top flight football, best of luck with the coming season.

You can also pretty much talk about anything on here, mods are fairly easy going as long as you post in the areas.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hallo :grinning: Welcome to Australia mate, i'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
First time writer here, a German (Kraut) fan. I was born and raised on Bundesliga football (soccer), a member and season ticket holder at VfB Stuttgart 1893 since the late 1970s. Work brings me to Australia and gives me the opportunity to watch rugby. Yesterday, I had the chance to take in the Bulldogs vs Broncos game. I shall refrain from discussing the match itself and the score-line…

Although I was not bred in Bankstown and despite the tonking on the pitch, I enjoyed the game and definitely found myself supporting the boys in blue and white. That may sound somewhat insane, but my explanation is that the Doggies were the underdog in the match. Also, the away support in The Caxton, those that I bumped into pre-match, seemed to consist of decent, likable folks. And of course, there’s generally nothing wrong with supporting a struggling side. Being a Stuttgart supporter, I have an idea what that’s like.

I am definitely looking forward greatly to my next Bulldogs match. Whether under the reign of Des Hasler or not - although only a few hours into my career as supporter, I do realize there are more popular people around the club at the moment...

Thanks for having me, have a great week-end, here’s to a win against the Panthers!

Kraut
welcome mate, very proud club, with some clowns running it at the moment

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the best introduce yourself thread I can remember.

Glad to have you on board you sausage loving German!

ps do you like Rammstein?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the story of how you chose the doggies.
We were definitely struggling in that game..

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks much for the welcome, Gareth, Wolfmother, really appreciate.

The Kennel seems a canny place, and it enables me to get a feel for what's going on around the Doggies, even though I am (geographically) afar.

PS: Don't mind a bit of Rammstein. In particular when hitting the gym or running. In case you enjoy German industrial metal, you may also like Oomph!

Back to the Doggies, I was wondering whether there are any exiled supporters following the boys in white & blue from overseas. I am sure there are.

Any fellow overseas supporters based out of Singapore?

++KrautDog++

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

The Kennel seems a canny place, and it enables me to get a feel for what's going on around the Doggies, even though I am (geographically) afar.

PS: Don't mind a bit of Rammstein. In particular when hitting the gym or running. In case you enjoy German industrial metal, you may also like Oomph!

Back to the Doggies, I was wondering whether there are any exiled supporters following the boys in white & blue from overseas. I am sure there are.

++KrautDog++

Thanks for the band recommendation. I listened to both of those, definitely liked the first one more. Definitely will go and listen to more of their stuff sounds pretty good.

Is this kind of music actually popular in Germany? Or do these bands find more success from abroad?

I am pretty sure @Lov_Dog lives in Singapore currently (for work if I am not mistaken - definitely not originally from there, well she did not look Singaporean when I met her haha).

We have a few members from around the globe. One in @Kenya and another in PNG @Moedogg (If my memory serves me right). I am definitely forgetting others.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guten tag und willkommen aus du forum.

Ich bin auf Australien und sprechen nicht gut Deutsche.

I hope I haven't just said "welcome to the forum, I like long walks on the beach and have walls adorned with photos of Raelene castle".

I think I've said "good day and welcome of the forum. I am of Australian and speak not good German".

One thing I will get right, is our on field performances are "ficken scheiBe".

Good to welcome another international member to the site.

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the band recommendation. I listened to both of those, definitely liked the first one more. Definitely will go and listen to more of their stuff sounds pretty good.

Is this kind of music actually popular in Germany? Or do these bands find more success from abroad?

I am pretty sure @Lov_Dog lives in Singapore currently (for work if I am not mistaken - definitely not originally from there, well she did not look Singaporean when I met her haha).

We have a few members from around the globe. One in @Kenya and another in PNG @Moedogg (If my memory serves me right). I am definitely forgetting others.

Rammstein have gone "international" a long time ago, but they also continue to have a large and solid following in Germany. The video links are to tracks from the same band, Oomph!. They are more of a "local" act, yet just like Rammstein or Die Krupps (
), they are part of what could be described as a kind of new fusion of hard-metal-music and industrial sounds. Interstingly, Rammstein have mentioned Oomph! on several occasions as their main inspiration.

Great to hear there is a fellow Bulldog supporter in this neck of the woods - hello from Singapore's East Coast, @Lov_Dog ;-)

++KrautDog++

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Dankeschön, @Mr Invisible, thanks for the welcome.

Für mich ist es in Ordnung, wenn wir auf Deutsch weitermachen (we can continue in English if you'd like).

You just ensured a visit to Raelene Castle's LinkedIn profile. Thanks! ;-)

++KrautDog++

PS: Given the size of the Bulldogs support, I'd think there are more than four exiled forumistas.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

++KrautDog++
That first clip was disturbing. I don't know maybe it's the kid factor .. Something about kids in horror scenes just puts me on edge..
But apart from that.. Catchy tune.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dankeschön, @Mr Invisible, thanks for the welcome.

Für mich ist es in Ordnung, wenn wir auf Deutsch weitermachen (we can continue in English if you'd like).

You just ensured a visit to Raelene Castle's LinkedIn profile. Thanks! ;-)

++KrautDog++

PS: Given the size of the Bulldogs support, I'd think there are more than four exiled forumistas.
where did you learn English? You're very fluent

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Fully agree, rather disturbing - they seem to like to play with that kind of emotion. Definitely not for everyone and anytime... :screamcat:

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha!! :expressionless: I'm know to make such an expression, though !
I think I was just back from Texas when we met @Gareth, and yes Singapore currently.

Hi there @KrautDog

~c.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rammstein have gone "international" a long time ago, but they also continue to have a large and solid following in Germany. The video links are to tracks from the same band, Oomph!. They are more of a "local" act, yet just like Rammstein or Die Krupps (
), they are part of what could be described as a kind of new fusion of hard-metal-music and industrial sounds. Interstingly, Rammstein have mentioned Oomph! on several occasions as their main inspiration.

Great to hear there is a fellow Bulldog supporter in this neck of the woods - hello from Singapore's East Coast, @Lov_Dog ;-)

++KrautDog++
Ohhh, you're EAP area or transiting through Changi @KrautDog?
I'm Tanjong Pagar !

~c.

Status
Not open for further replies.