Canterbury coach Des Hasler has five weeks to save his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
DES Hasler will use the next five weeks to fight for his future — with a plan to overhaul his team, blood new talent and plan for 2018.

The besieged Canterbury coach is aware that he must avoid five consecutive losses — or a reluctant Bulldogs board will be forced to reassess the head-coaching position for next year.

Hasler can mitigate that pressure by implementing change on the field and in player-personnel to turn losses into wins, but more importantly show the current board he’s willing to do everything possible to remain at the helm of the family club.

That includes, The Sunday Telegraph has learned, the promotion and demotion of players who Hasler believes is no longer in the club’s future plans.

Although the Canterbury board, including chairman Ray Dib, want Hasler to remain in charge of the Dogs next year — they’re reticent to declare publicly the premiership-winning coach is locked-in for 2018, until the results of the next five weeks are determined.

$1M PAYOUT
There isn’t a club in the NRL who would willingly give away $1 million dollars.

But that’s the decision the Bulldogs board will have to make should they decide at the conclusion of round 26, Hasler isn’t required for the final year of his 2018 contract.

Ahead of the Canterbury board elections early next year, the current board are also wary of how the members would react to paying-out Hasler — while also paying up to $500,000 for a new coach.

One thing is certain, Hasler won’t be leaving without a cent.

As close mate and former Manly confidante Peter ‘Zorba’ Peters quipped last week; “Dessie still has his lunch money from preschool.’’

GOODBYE GRUB
The recent announcement that favourite son Josh Reynolds was leaving for the Wests Tigers next year has had an undeniable impact on team morale.

Reynolds, one of the most popular players within the current NRL squad, is commonly referred to as the Dogs heart and soul.

However, Hasler has made it clear that if he’s any chance of returning the Dogs to the finals in 2018, neither Reynolds or current halfback Matt Frawley, who is under pressure to remain in the halves this week against Parramatta, can take them there.

Unquestionable in the area of fortitude and fight, which ironically is exactly what the Tigers are without, Reynolds has lacked finesse this year, highlighted by his 2017 statistics which includes just three line-breaks — one less than Newcastle rookie Brock Lamb.

While not alone in the struggle for attacking spice at the Dogs, Reynolds is behind more than 20 rival halves for forced dropouts and try assists.

FORCE OF FORAN
The jury is out on if Kieran Foran can reinvigorate the Bulldogs.

Foran’s much-anticipated arrival at Belmore from the Warriors will be delayed due to almost certainly being involved with New Zealand’s World Cup campaign.

It means Foran won’t have a second to waste this summer, as he not only readjusts to life in Sydney, but also a new halves-pairing.

Interestingly, The Sunday Telegraph has learned Cronulla utility Nu Brown who has signed with Canterbury for 2018, is tipped to start at five-eighth alongside Foran at halfback.

Moses Mbye, as will be proven by his selection over the next five weeks, will be the club’s first-choice dummy-half in 2018 with Michael Lichaa set to be released.

NEW CEO
The true impact of the departure of current Canterbury CEO Raelene Caste at the end of September won’t be truly felt until she’s gone.

A crucial conduit for Hasler to the board, Castle is tough, street-smart and hugely-respected by the staff and players, evident in her decision to persist despite the club’s current plight — as opposed to jumping ship mid-season.

The board are down to a short-list of candidates for Castle’s role with an announcement imminent.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b/news-story/0c9dc79bd7d03c2d35ee09320dd9260a

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Realist90 is going to flip his shit when we announce the first transsexual ceo in rugby league history

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm over it. Des probably isn't going anywhere. He has them all brainwashed.

I haven't been going to games and I won't even be watching on TV anymore. It's not worth my time and energy.

And it's not about results at all or being a fair-weather fan for those that want to get on their high horse.

Put simply, Hasler has taken all of the fun and enjoyment I used to have watching my team win, lose or draw.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to be a retard to put yourself forward for the CEO job at the dogs with the current fuckwits and clowns on the board and coaching staff

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Completely forgot Foran might be involved in the world cup. Now there's more chance of injury. He's not going to be the saviour people are expecting.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
'The impact of raelene departure won't be felt till after september'
Why is this quote insinuating that we're gonna miss the dumbest of bitches to have graced the CEO role for the bulldogs.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load bs, now its a matter of not having "5 consecutive losses in a row" WTF!
What do these frauds take us for??

This is absurd and a complete piss take, if there isn't a clean out by next year im done with the club till these faceless frauds are removed from this proud club!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, right now watching Cowboys (to a lesser extent) Roosters play footy how it's supposed to be played makes me depressed.

Every team including the Knights have what you can't coach .... which we don't have....speed

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont like any of this..

9. Mbye 7. Foran 6. Nu Brown does not excite me

I would prefer somthing along the lines of:
1. Mbye 6. Foran 7. ? 9. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.