More dribble from Raymond Dib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has defended the decision to re-sign Des Hasler until the end of 2019 and has declared "we are not looking to sack" the embattled coach.

The Bulldogs are officially out of playoff contention after Friday night's loss to Penrith, marking the first time since 2011 they won't feature in the finals. The club sacked Kevin Moore after that failed campaign and the pressure is on Hasler after a disappointing campaign.

Under pressure: Des Hasler's tenure at the Bulldogs has been thrown into question by many. Photo: AAP
There was speculation Hasler could be speared at a board meeting during the week, although the premiership-winning mentor will see out the season.

"We've got to talk about the facts here. No, we are not looking at sacking Des," Dib told Fairfax Media.

"Des has signed a new two-year deal, a new contract extension. There have been no other discussions that have taken place on his future since he signed a contract with the board.

"You hear these rumours and innuendo, but I'm telling you they are just rumours. People will say 'I've heard it from this bloke inside or this director', but I can assure you there has been no discussion from the leagues club or football club board of directors."

Hasler has overseen the NRL's most impotent attack, ranked behind even last-placed Newcastle. Unless there is a marked turnaround in the final five rounds, Hasler is on track to post his worst year as a head coach.

Dib defended the decision to hand Hasler a new two-year contract in April.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into it," Dib said.

"We did our due diligence, we spoke to everyone concerned at the time and signed a two-year contract. We won't deviate from that for now.

"What we have to do now is stick together, stick tight and finish the year strongly."

Asked if he could guarantee Hasler will see out his new deal, Dib said: "He signed a new two-year contract and we've had no further discussions about his future since he signed.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into signing the contract. I believe we have the right corporate governance in place to review things as due.

"At the end of the season we will sit down and review. We're disappointed, we'll talk to the players and the coaching staff and see what has gone wrong and how we can fix it going forward to next year."

Pressed on if Hasler would go if the review deemed him part of the problem rather than the solution, Dib said: "We will have to wait and see once we do the review. We've got five more games to go, we want to finish strongly, do the review and then plan going forward."

Canterbury fans have been critical of the club's inability to retain Josh Reynolds, who will be replaced by Warriors playmaker Kieran Foran next season. Another international, Aaron Woods, is the club's other big-name recruit for 2018.

"Kieran is the first marquee half we have signed since Ricky Stuart," Dib said.

"I'm not putting all the pressure on him or use that as an excuse, but hopefully it will solve most of our problems as far as direction and leadership in attack.

"Our defence has been pretty good save for two blowouts.

"I'm hoping once we do the review, fix those deficiencies with Kieran and Aaron and a couple of others we've signed, we can get it together."

The decision to reappoint Hasler, coupled with another failed campaign, could cost Dib and his directors their jobs. Club legend and former director Paul Dunn is considering running against Dib at February's board elections and there may be other challengers at the polls. The 'family club' is also in the process of finding a new CEO to replace the outgoing Raelene Castle.

"The buck stops with me," Dib said.

"We've got good governance that allows any qualified member to challenge the board.

"This current board is determined to return the Bulldogs to where they need to be, as leaders of the game.

"We're all working together to get there. I can't worry about next February, our board's decisions are based around next February. They are based on what is in front of us, we have a plan and we will review our strategic plan very soon."

Last marquee half signing was Ricky Stuart. Our last marquee half signing was Brett Kimmorley you dope

Two blowouts? We had blowouts against Manly, Penrith & Broncos you dope

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good god... this guys gona kill the club at this rate... hopefully Dunn wins our in February otherwise we're fucked guys :(
Yeah exactly, if this delusional halfwit is not voted out in February, we are totally fucked for the significant future.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Delusion is running through the club from top to bottom! Bye, bye, Bulldogs! Unless Dib losses the next election!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has defended the decision to re-sign Des Hasler until the end of 2019 and has declared "we are not looking to sack" the embattled coach.

The Bulldogs are officially out of playoff contention after Friday night's loss to Penrith, marking the first time since 2011 they won't feature in the finals. The club sacked Kevin Moore after that failed campaign and the pressure is on Hasler after a disappointing campaign.

Under pressure: Des Hasler's tenure at the Bulldogs has been thrown into question by many. Photo: AAP
There was speculation Hasler could be speared at a board meeting during the week, although the premiership-winning mentor will see out the season.

"We've got to talk about the facts here. No, we are not looking at sacking Des," Dib told Fairfax Media.

"Des has signed a new two-year deal, a new contract extension. There have been no other discussions that have taken place on his future since he signed a contract with the board.

"You hear these rumours and innuendo, but I'm telling you they are just rumours. People will say 'I've heard it from this bloke inside or this director', but I can assure you there has been no discussion from the leagues club or football club board of directors."

Hasler has overseen the NRL's most impotent attack, ranked behind even last-placed Newcastle. Unless there is a marked turnaround in the final five rounds, Hasler is on track to post his worst year as a head coach.

"We did our due diligence, we spoke to everyone concerned at the time and signed a two-year contract. We won't deviate from that for now.

"What we have to do now is stick together, stick tight and finish the year strongly."

Asked if he could guarantee Hasler will see out his new deal, Dib said: "He signed a new two-year contract and we've had no further discussions about his future since he signed.

"We took our time, we didn't rush into signing the contract. I believe we have the right corporate governance in place to review things as due.

"At the end of the season we will sit down and review. We're disappointed, we'll talk to the players and the coaching staff and see what has gone wrong and how we can fix it going forward to next year."

Pressed on if Hasler would go if the review deemed him part of the problem rather than the solution, Dib said: "We will have to wait and see once we do the review. We've got five more games to go, we want to finish strongly, do the review and then plan going forward."

Canterbury fans have been critical of the club's inability to retain Josh Reynolds, who will be replaced by Warriors playmaker Kieran Foran next season. Another international, Aaron Woods, is the club's other big-name recruit for 2018.

"Kieran is the first marquee half we have signed since Ricky Stuart," Dib said.

"I'm not putting all the pressure on him or use that as an excuse, but hopefully it will solve most of our problems as far as direction and leadership in attack.

"I'm hoping once we do the review, fix those deficiencies with Kieran and Aaron and a couple of others we've signed, we can get it together."

The decision to reappoint Hasler, coupled with another failed campaign, could cost Dib and his directors their jobs. Club legend and former director Paul Dunn is considering running against Dib at February's board elections and there may be other challengers at the polls. The 'family club' is also in the process of finding a new CEO to replace the outgoing Raelene Castle.

"The buck stops with me," Dib said.

"We've got good governance that allows any qualified member to challenge the board.

"This current board is determined to return the Bulldogs to where they need to be, as leaders of the game.

"We're all working together to get there. I can't worry about next February, our board's decisions are based around next February. They are based on what is in front of us, we have a plan and we will review our strategic plan very soon."

Last marquee half signing was Ricky Stuart. Our last marquee half signing was Brett Kimmorley you dope

Two blowouts? We had blowouts against Manly, Penrith & Broncos you dope
Ricky Stuart???? Yeah I remember how he went! Dib your destroying our club!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Insincere fat liar. What's really disgusting is he pretends to be a good Christian by attending church

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do u think ray dib was successful in his business by being a compulsive and deceitful liar.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is there is no admission of mistakes from anyone. Had he said we made a mistake. We will improve this. This is unacceptable I would be less pissed.

For someone who has stood by every decision he has ever made and hasn't seen the team make the top 4 since 2012 for me there is much larger problems at large.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow raelene rubbed off on this ****. This **** can leave with raelene and fuck other places up.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Kieran is the first marquee half we have signed since Ricky Stuart," Dib said.

You're hoping Ray... HOPING??? Isn't that a bit like hedging your bets? Where is the steadfast positivity you have been spouting to anyone who will listen?

Sounds a lot like you ARE putting pressure on Foran. If it does not work, who is to blame?? Kieran?

Who signed him?

What was Brett Kimmorley? A second rate hack?

Fantastic Ray. Pure dribble and if you are trying to convince the fans that everything will be okay and all care was taken at least get your facts correct.

Did not rush into it my foot. The Indians were circling the wagons until we beat the Broncos due to the fact that at the end of 2016 we lost 5 from our last eight,one of those a 36-0 drubbing by the Cowboys at Belmore,four of those in succession, including a finals match, scoring in each of those around the same magnificent dozen or so points we have scored in most games this year and losses in 3 of our first four games this year. The massive three point win in that game against the Broncos, who played some pretty dumb footy ( Kahu anybody?) was the catalyst to give this bloke a new two year deal. Yep we won another two after that but then the wheels fell off and we have been going around in circles ever since. AND we have copped THREE nice little floggings TWO of them to nil.

Finish the year strongly: about the only thing strong about the rest of the year, for the fans at least, is the strength of the alcoholic beverages sunk to try and take their minds of the poor efforts dished up each and every week.This is not the Bulldogs we love and respect, they have become a soulless shadow of themselves and a bit of a joke to supporters of other teams. Believe me I have had plenty of stick given to me most weeks after we have bumbled our way to yet another loss. Some years are good, some bad, but even those bad years back in the mid 2000's were peppered with some positive entertaining footy , not like the safety first, boring and for the most part unproductive footy of the last few years. Our spine has been woeful and nothing much has been done to address the deficiencies for the last few seasons.

If you listen to the fans they will tell you how to fix things. Review things as due....mmm what does he mean by that? Disappointed, you should be right pissed!! See what has gone wrong?? You can't see it now?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
HEY DIB...

upload_2017-7-29_1-19-21.png

Sack the coach, and sack yourself.

Out of interest... can club members push forth with a vote of no confidence against Dib, or don't they have even basic voting rights?

Both these ***** have to go, and I'm not talking in months time.. they need to go NOW.

I guess this blows away the "gone by November" theory.

Let these arseholes reduce the club to <5,000 members and answer to the football club.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what they say about he who protests too much, going by Dibs words here Des is a dead man walking.
I highly doubt Des will be your coach next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.