• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrating Ready

Dogs Fan!!
Reaction score
Why is Des not trying Josh Cleeland.
In the last 10 weeks he has been man of the match about 8 times in reserve grade.
The kid is brilliant at creating and taking on the line plus strong in defense.
Last night he scored another hatrick and had 2 try assists.
He also has the least missed tackles of any half in reserve grade
What more does he have to do to get an opportunity?

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think we should try the same weekly combo we have used just in case the plan finally works............

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deserves a chance. How can he do worse than Frawley? Or Reynolds for that matter. Reynolds has been tragic since returning from his hamstring injury.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Cleeland
Nope...
But
6. Cleeland
7. Cronk
Would be so much better

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah, keep him in NSW Cup we are cooked in NRL and putting him into a team low on confidence and a unfriendly half game plan will do nothing for him.
Playing in the Cup finals under pressure where he is the big dog of the team will be better for his development.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/11/14/new_recruit_highligh.html
He was last years NSW Cup 5/8 of the year and the year before led Ipswich to a premiership in QLD Cup
Just watched the highlights and was refreshing to see a halfback make the ball sing for him when kicking it.
Even under pressure he put the right lkick option. I haven't seen mbye or reynolds do this with any consistency.
This is what practice practice and more practice does.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think we should try the same weekly combo we have used just in case the plan finally works............
Some people don't get sarcasm on here hey? Go the "questionable" clickers!!!!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have the same problem not one gets when I'm being sarcastic.

Frustrating Ready

Dogs Fan!!
Reaction score
Nah, keep him in NSW Cup we are cooked in NRL and putting him into a team low on confidence and a unfriendly half game plan will do nothing for him.
Playing in the Cup finals under pressure where he is the big dog of the team will be better for his development.
Understand what you are saying but he has won QLD Cup and led his team there. Then led his team to a NSW Cup finals, won the Intrust 5/8 of the year. 3 years in a row been top of the comp for try assists and trys for halves. How much more development does he need. Surley the next step in developing him can only be nrl

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem not one gets when I'm being sarcastic.
You'll be surprised how many people do not understand the concept of sarcasm. I like to use blinkers when using sarcasm to not confuse those who have not acquired the skill of understanding when sarcasm is being used.
/sarcasm on
Because they are smarter than us
/sarcasm off

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand what you are saying but he has won QLD Cup and led his team there. Then led his team to a NSW Cup finals, won the Intrust 5/8 of the year. 3 years in a row been top of the comp for try assists and trys for halves. How much more development does he need. Surley the next step in developing him can only be nrl
Des won't start him even if he put in him the team he would be getting 5 mins at the end of the game if he played at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frustrating Ready

Dogs Fan!!
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights and was refreshing to see a halfback make the ball sing for him when kicking it.
Even under pressure he put the right lkick option. I haven't seen mbye or reynolds do this with any consistency.
This is what practice practice and more practice does.
https://vimeo.com/channels/insightsportstv/139645784
Some more highlights from the season before when he lead Ipswish to the QLD Cup premiership win

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way we are going anything is worth a crack

Status
Not open for further replies.