Nathan Cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he will want to be coached by his dad at some stage in his career! Maybe be we should have signed his dad.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take him over Foran any day of the week.
Please, foran is a better player its not even a debate. Played for his country, won comps and has been one of the best halves since he entered first grade. Clearys done fuck all this year

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure he will want to be coached by his dad at some stage in his career! Maybe be we should have signed his dad.
Tigers play the panthers in a few rounds, i'm sure that will be a strange experience for Ivan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In what universe would a professional athlete in a team sport want their dad as a coach? Lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Please, foran is a better player its not even a debate. Played for his country, won comps and has been one of the best halves since he entered first grade. Clearys done fuck all this year
The fuck has Foran done this year? Except get injured.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fuck has Foran done this year? Except get injured.
He's played a hell of a lot better this year than cleary. Enough with the injury crap hes had one serious injury his whole career no different than any other player

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's played a hell of a lot better this year than cleary. Enough with the injury crap hes had one serious injury his whole career no different than any other player
You can pin your hopes on Foran like Des has but he won't win us a GF. He might get us to the top 8 but that's about it. We still need an on field General, a new coach and a game plan. Foran isn't a leader, he is the perfect 2IC.

Will be more than happy if I'm proved wrong.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can pin your hopes on Foran like Des has but he won't win us a GF. He might get us to the top 8 but that's about it. We still need an on field General, a new coach and a game plan. Foran isn't a leader, he is the perfect 2IC.

Will be more than happy if I'm proved wrong.
Hes won grand finals before when cherry evans was only in his first season of first grade. Hows he not a general or a leader? Have you been out on the field with him?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is actually 27
Its by no means old in rugby league. How you can prefer a rookie whos played a handful of good games over someone of the calibre of foran is beyond me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hes won grand finals before when cherry evans was only in his first season of first grade. Hows he not a general or a leader? Have you been out on the field with him?
DCE ran the show.

I don't see him winning us shit but that's just my opinion. Don't really give a fuck if you agree or not tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Its by no means old in rugby league. How you can prefer a rookie whos played a handful of good games over someone of the calibre of foran is beyond me
Because the rookie isn't already washed up like the other bloke who rejected us twice only to join when he has no other choice.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid is something special.
Gould knew what he was doing when he got his father over to the Panfers.

Talk about halves. Sezer did ok tonight as well. Intercept try (didn't think he had some speed).
Also, what about that 40/20.....more like a 25/12.....HUGE KICK. He won them that game from those two things he did.
Gus didn't recruit Nathan, he was just a bonus. The fact he didn't want to follow his dad is even better.
Sezer is still meh for me. We should be offering Cronk $500k and making cap room if necessary to get the deal over the line.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DCE ran the show.

I don't see him winning us shit but that's just my opinion. Don't really give a fuck if you agree or not tbh.
Yeah ok i suppose hes just bluffed his way to being considered one of the best halves in the comp for years.
Because the rookie isn't already washed up like the other bloke who rejected us twice only to join when he has no other choice.
Its clear you haven't really watched him play this year, his performances have been far from washed up

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus didn't recruit Nathan, he was just a bonus. The fact he didn't want to follow his dad is even better.
Sezer is still meh for me. We should be offering Cronk $500k and making cap room if necessary to get the deal over the line.
Lol....a bonus, you reckon?
Don't think so!

Gus recruited Ivan because he wanted Nathan. Gus knew his son wasn't going to stay in New Zealand on his own at the age of 17-18.
So, what do you think would have been the logical thing? Follow his old man of course! Gus has his ways of getting things thru the back door.
Gus has an eye for talent and he knew exactly what he was doing. If Ivan was such a great coach, he would still be there.
This is why Ivan was gone as coach after a couple of seasons, before his contract expired

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah ok i suppose hes just bluffed his way to being considered one of the best halves in the comp for years.

Its clear you haven't really watched him play this year, his performances have been far from washed up
Yeah you're right...thats why the Warriors are such a force this year and threatening for the title.

Like I said, I don't think he is the answer but will be very happy to be proven wrong. Maybe he will find the form you are talking about that we haven't seen since 2011 with us and the duds around him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the record I don't mind him if he goes back to 2011 form. Only thing I have against him is he rejected us twice now he joins us. Why now and not before?

I definitely won't be death riding him at all, I want him to be our answer. Even his form this year is still better than any of our duds.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol....a bonus, you reckon?
Don't think so!

Gus recruited Ivan because he wanted Nathan. Gus knew his son wasn't going to stay in New Zealand on his own at the age of 17-18.
So, what do you think would have been the logical thing? Follow his old man of course! Gus has his ways of getting things thru the back door.
Gus has an eye for talent and he knew exactly what he was doing. If Ivan was such a great coach, he would still be there.
This is why Ivan was gone as coach after a couple of seasons, before his contract expired
Hang on. Nathan is 19, Cleary was coach for what 3 years so you are saying that the reason why Gus got Cleary was so he could get a 15 year old to the club. This is in a district that churns out half a dozen Nathan Cleary's a year? Hands up who believes that?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Believe what you want Oatley.
Do you believe that we got SBW at 15 cause we knew he was something special? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.